Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

16 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

Too big for either of them stages I'd imagine - the fact he's not on a bigger stage like Park or Other stage, Arcadia feels like the only other safe option to prevent overcrowding, IICON maybe? maybe a Cirez D set? - I'll be in dreamland if he gets announced 

Is he too big for The Levels, though? He's obviously still huge in dance/dance festival circles, but do the majority of your average Fred Again, Four Tet, Peggy Gou Insta following punters know him well enough at a place like Glastonbury?

Ben

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is he too big for The Levels, though? He's obviously still huge in dance/dance festival circles, but do the majority of your average Fred Again, Four Tet, Peggy Gou Insta following punters know him well enough at a place like Glastonbury?

Ben

Edit - especially if they programmed him at a sensible time - like the 2230h slot on Arcadia that has had big names, but on The Levels? I could be talking absolute bollocks, of course. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Edit - especially if they programmed him at a sensible time - like the 2230h slot on Arcadia that has had big names, but on The Levels? I could be talking absolute bollocks, of course. 

Ben

Timing is everything

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

When his clips go viral, they do serious numbers - even today post his ultra set I'm seeing clips on twitter and instagram. I'd go as far as saying he'd get more numbers than Four Tet if he were to be put on Arcadia. I also believe, if Peggy Gou is headlining the park and he was on at the same time, a lot of her crowd would migrate over to Arcadia. 

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I think the timing is so important here if he was to be put on levels for it even to be considered, the 2230h slot on Arcadia makes the most sense to me - he'd have to clash with Coldplay or Dua to prevent overcrowding. In my opinion.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Word was that he'd ruled himself out, so great news if true 

Agreed. I kind of feel that Coxy 'owes' me a proper set - last time b2b with Jamie Jones was pretty much a case of enjoying alternate tracks! If he does play, and the Arcadia crew have pulled something special out of the bag with the Sea King, that could be pretty special.

Ben

Just now, Madyaker said:

I can never be bothered with Carl Cox at Glastonbury, he's a nice guy but his sets attract half the site

It was fine at Pangea, with lots of room to dance right under the body of the crane. In fact, I've always found it good at Arcadia if you make your way right into the middle. The only issue was having to wait for Jamie Jones to finish each of his selections 😆. Charlotte de Witte was pretty decent too.

Ben

4 hours ago, AndyL16 said:

When his clips go viral, they do serious numbers - even today post his ultra set I'm seeing clips on twitter and instagram. I'd go as far as saying he'd get more numbers than Four Tet if he were to be put on Arcadia. I also believe, if Peggy Gou is headlining the park and he was on at the same time, a lot of her crowd would migrate over to Arcadia. 

I think the timing is so important here if he was to be put on levels for it even to be considered, the 2230h slot on Arcadia makes the most sense to me - he'd have to clash with Coldplay or Dua to prevent overcrowding. In my opinion.

This would also be against Disclosure too

He needs to come and do Holo - but obviously thats never happening sadly!

51 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agreed. I kind of feel that Coxy 'owes' me a proper set - last time b2b with Jamie Jones was pretty much a case of enjoying alternate tracks! If he does play, and the Arcadia crew have pulled something special out of the bag with the Sea King, that could be pretty special.

Ben

His set on The Glade last year was a stormer by all accounts

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

This would also be against Disclosure too

He needs to come and do Holo - but obviously thats never happening sadly!

That would definitely help the crowding as well. I wouldn’t miss him for the world if he played personally. The more clashes the better selfishly. 

yeah totally agree, a holo show would be sensational but feels impossible with cost and logistics etc. 

9 hours ago, AndyL16 said:

On the topic of Eric Prydz - here is his latest show from Ultra last night. One of the rare occasions he’s blessed us with a set to watch and listen back to. 

I'd love to see that set. Unashamedly trancey and euphoric. BUT...what's with the Americans?? Is anyone actually dancing? When the spider cam sweeps over them they're kind of just standing there. Or holding their phones aloft. Or all too obviously waving their 'techno fan'!! Would be great to be in position A, going full gas and them all be "Woah, dude! You ok, man?" 😂

Ben

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd love to see that set. Unashamedly trancey and euphoric. BUT...what's with the Americans?? Is anyone actually dancing? When the spider cam sweeps over them they're kind of just standing there. Or holding their phones aloft. Or all too obviously waving their 'techno fan'!! Would be great to be in position A, going full gas and them all be "Woah, dude! You ok, man?" 😂

Ben

Yeah insane this - thought exactly the same

I didn't watch it all but you skip to one more time coming in after 1h20 of IDs and nobody could care less 😂 i'd be going taps aff

• Upvote 1

Anyone going to Drumsheds this weekend? I'm heading to Radio 1 Dance on Friday and can't wait to see Maceo Plex again as the last time was a good few years ago. His and DJ Seinfeld's sets are also being recorded for a future Essential Mix.

Doesn't look like Saturday's Exhale event is selling well as got an email today from LWE offering 2 for 1 tickets.

8 hours ago, Semprini said:

Anyone going to Drumsheds this weekend? I'm heading to Radio 1 Dance on Friday and can't wait to see Maceo Plex again as the last time was a good few years ago. His and DJ Seinfeld's sets are also being recorded for a future Essential Mix.

Doesn't look like Saturday's Exhale event is selling well as got an email today from LWE offering 2 for 1 tickets.

I am!

First time there. Looking forward to seeing Above and Beyond. Been years since I’ve seen some trance in a club!! 

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

This is nice! I'd love a "Boiler Room/WHP Concourse" style stage in the south east corner. Something about surrounding the DJ that adds to the atmosphere

Its surprising its not been done yet honestly!

I've just won BBC R1 drumsheds tickets so likely going too 🙂 

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Its surprising its not been done yet honestly!

I've just won BBC R1 drumsheds tickets so likely going too 🙂 

I agree. Surprised we've not seen a Boiler Room x Glasto event of some description yet

Nice one on the R1 comp. I think you've been eyeing that event up for some time, haven't you?

22 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I agree. Surprised we've not seen a Boiler Room x Glasto event of some description yet

Nice one on the R1 comp. I think you've been eyeing that event up for some time, haven't you?

probably a good reason for the top sentence not happening - not sure what

I guess Arcadia is kind of their 'boiler room' style stage

Have indeed been eyeing up R1 for a while - although just found out the friend i planned to go with is at a football match in the evening. current plan is to go in the afternoon clashfinder permitting - if not i'll just give the tickets away on here

32 minutes ago, gfa said:

probably a good reason for the top sentence not happening - not sure what

Yeah, it's not like they never have label/organisation takeovers, is it? Our friend Mr Ddiamondd could possibly shed some light.

I think I'd like to see more curated areas here and there. Anjunadeep, Hardcore Energy, Teletech, RAM, you name it. Would be fun.