Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Tomorrowland lineup, some really good names there, horrific poster though, nearly got a migraine reading it😂

Fnl6LowacAAs5Sv.jpg

That's horrendous, font way too small, made worse by the out of proportion texture on the background.

Can you imagine if Glasto put every name on their poster? 

22 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

This poster matches every preconception I have of that festival

Hell on earth

You couldn't be anymore wrong. When looking at photos and videos how you call it hell on earth is ridiclous.

Easily the best camping expereience. Food, music, location, fan service, attention to detail, everyones so nice to each other.

1 minute ago, TGCarr said:

Greatest festival I've ever been to. Seriously if any of you get the chance to go, do it. Will not regret

It's certainly one on my bucket list to do at some point, seems like a ball ache to get tickets though. Production there looks absolutely superb!!

1 minute ago, stanh said:

It's certainly one on my bucket list to do at some point, seems like a ball ache to get tickets though. Production there looks absolutely superb!!

Only big issue is getting tickets, absolute fuckache to buy.

But if you can save that little bit extra I always go for the Global Journey packages!

Been 3 times and it's never dissapointed me once, honestly Main stage & Freedom stage are elite tier.

4 minutes ago, stanh said:

What does that include? And roughly how much has it been in previous years if you know?

Global Journey gives you the chance to buy tickets a week or 2 earlier, but include Flight/Bus or Train travel options from different locations. They're always a guranteed ticket to the festival.

Cheapest is always Bus from London (But I buy from Eindhoven saves an extra £150 normally, and I use that money for a flight from Manchester)

Mine for last year cost me £600. But their are other packages with Tent Packages already set up etc.

Their reddit section has an amazing scene where they detail everything a bit more!

Of course buying tickets from the regular sale is always cheaper, if you get in!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Global Journey gives you the chance to buy tickets a week or 2 earlier, but include Flight/Bus or Train travel options from different locations. They're always a guranteed ticket to the festival.

Cheapest is always Bus from London (But I buy from Eindhoven saves an extra £150 normally, and I use that money for a flight from Manchester)

Mine for last year cost me £600. But their are other packages with Tent Packages already set up etc.

Their reddit section has an amazing scene where they detail everything a bit more!

Of course buying tickets from the regular sale is always cheaper, if you get in!

Perfect cheers!!

7 hours ago, e_p said:

Teletek in Manchester looks brilliant. Wish there was something like that at G.  I find most of the Icon and Genosys not hard or fast enough.  Too business like. 

There's too much DnB and tech house, generally. It would be great to see some more under-represented genres get a look in. Sure, the introduction of IICON has brought more techno to the farm, and that's great, but for some it's a little too avant garde at times. I suppose the "hardest" it got last year would have been the likes of Nastia b2b VTSS (who never showed), but that was just one set out of hundreds. There's definitely room on somewhere like the Temple to have a differently curated evening across the four nights. Plus, bring back some of the micro venues in the south east corner. I've stumbled across some weird and wonderfully obscure electronica in there in years gone by. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adam_B said:

Has anyone on here ever been to a mixmag in the lab event? I’m looking at going to DJ Seinfeld on this Friday but wasn’t sure how tickets work? 

You need to RSVP on their website here when the link goes up (varies wildly).

https://mixmag.net/feature/lab-ldn

I’ve been before, it’s good fun. Unlimited free beer (Coors). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, gordong said:

You need to RSVP on their website here when the link goes up (varies wildly).

https://mixmag.net/feature/lab-ldn

I’ve been before, it’s good fun. Unlimited free beer (Coors). 

Thank you, do they post on socials when the link goes live?

I’d probably be going on my own, would that be odd? Doesn’t usually bother me but if it’s super intimate and lots are there in groups it could be a bit strange I guess. 

1 hour ago, Adam_B said:

Thank you, do they post on socials when the link goes live?

I’d probably be going on my own, would that be odd? Doesn’t usually bother me but if it’s super intimate and lots are there in groups it could be a bit strange I guess. 

No way! Go by yourself, enjoy the experience and report back on here!

• Like 1