Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Well, in the most unsurprising news today, this newbie is fucking overwhelmed and all at sea over the line-up!

As one of my real goals is to try to have an idea of the elec/dance stuff I would like to get to every night, I am at a loss. The mountain of acts seems almost to big to get my first decent traction of crampon...

!

Ben

RIght oh knowledgeable electronica connoisseurs. I would like some advice on who I should consider going to see. There's not a whole load on the line up that I know I like. So throw suggestions at me for someone who enjoys the likes of Nicolas Jaar, Caribou, Hot Chip, Kiasmos, Jon Hopkins, Floating Points, Todd Terje, Four Tet, John Talabot, LCD Soundsystem (any of the DFA lot, Shit Robot etc...). I mean my list could go on and get more varied but I'm sure that wont help. THANK YOUUUUUUUU. I'M SO EXCITED.

(Edit: I guess I should add in names already on the line up that I will probably go and see, but I'm hoping to find new people! : George Fitzgerald, JESuS, Sinkane, 2 Bears, the Friday Bugged Out! at Stonebridge... man I don't think I can see everyone)

Edited by willsnewman

Anyone else feel as though the Common, Unfairground and Block9 have taken budget cuts?

I mean, there are still big names there.. but no one really new or different? An awful lot of names are recycled from last year, like its the resident DJs of the crews that run the areas & their mates but they couldnt afford anyone else?

I blame Kanye

i am absolutely useless with finding electronic stuff to watch (usually just aimlessly stumble upon something, stay for a few seconds and then wander off in fear that i'm missing something better). any recommendations for any late night areas or acts that people would recommend? music wise i'm pretty open but if i had to nail it down i'd say more house, hip hop, electronica etc. obviously when it comes down to it i'll probably be too fucked to remember to do any of this, but i definitely need a bit of guidance

The spaceport in the Glade Area on Thursday and the Wow stage Saturday night have Stella lineups.

I'm all over the Spaceport on Thursday. I can't for the life of me remember much about this venue (size, in/outdoor etc) though. Is it the small dome thing or something else?

i am absolutely useless with finding electronic stuff to watch (usually just aimlessly stumble upon something, stay for a few seconds and then wander off in fear that i'm missing something better). any recommendations for any late night areas or acts that people would recommend? music wise i'm pretty open but if i had to nail it down i'd say more house, hip hop, electronica etc. obviously when it comes down to it i'll probably be too fucked to remember to do any of this, but i definitely need a bit of guidance

Can you give some examples of arists youre into?

Four Tet is playing Genosys at 3am on Saturday (or Sunday if you believe the new day starts at midnight rather than 9 the next morning, like some weirdo). Which is handy, I'll be missing his Wow! set for FKA Twigs.

Dusky b2b Skream in Heaven sounds good, has the potential to be as good as JESuS and a hell of a lot less rammed. Same goes for the Circoloco thing running at The Blues at the same time as JESuS's Wow! set.

Four Tet is playing Genosys at 3am on Saturday (or Sunday if you believe the new day starts at midnight rather than 9 the next morning, like some weirdo). Which is handy, I'll be missing his Wow! set for FKA Twigs.

Dusky b2b Skream in Heaven sounds good, has the potential to be as good as JESuS and a hell of a lot less rammed. Same goes for the Circoloco thing running at The Blues at the same time as JESuS's Wow! set.

Dusky was great down in Southampton a few weeks ago.

Edited by big__phil

Are we assuming both Four Tet sets are DJ...I'm guessing so as some of the other artists listings are qualified by 'Live'...

Ben

Went through the Clashfiner for the first time there.

It doesn't have areas like The Blues, Spaceport, Glade Lounge and Arcadia, so stuff you will want to see can't be marked on it.

Even so it's pretty hectic looking although several people I'd like to see are playing a few times - Four Tet, George Fitzgerald, Joy Orbison etc

It doesn't have areas like The Blues, Spaceport, Glade Lounge and Arcadia, so stuff you will want to see can't be marked on it.

Even so it's pretty hectic looking although several people I'd like to see are playing a few times - Four Tet, George Fitzgerald, Joy Orbison etc

The clashfinder? Yes it does.

There is a link at the top left to 'show extra stages'

Dave Seaman in the Glade lounge on friday will be good. Im more than tempted if I can't get near enough at Arcadia

Yeah definitely, and Nick Warren in Spaceport on Saturday night in the same slot.

Seems a better idea than the colossal crowds of the SE corner until 3am

Yes the Four Tet sets are dj sets. Wilsnewman you and I share very similar tastes, when I get some time tomorrow I'll post up who I'm looking forward to

Cool. Thanks very much!

Does anyone know what FlyLo is like live? I'm going to watch a live set at some point but was wondering if anyone had actually been to one. I've been listening to him over the last few days for the first time and I'm really enjoying some of it so quite keen to go, but I need to persuade the other half to peel away from The Who... I hear it's visually incredible, but how is the live music aspect of it..?

I'm all over the Spaceport on Thursday. I can't for the life of me remember much about this venue (size, in/outdoor etc) though. Is it the small dome thing or something else?

Pics from boomtown but they use the same tent thing

11112838_786750311414371_183309304558060

Its not very big at all