BST Hyde Park 2015

the wonderwhy

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Tom.

Need one tomorrow for my brother, tried pming you but wasn't working for some reason... could you meet tomorrow? (I live finsbury, work kings cross) but would be happy to meet wheerever. How much would you want for it?

Thanks bud

An Arcade Fire fan to!

Its an E ticket, so I can email it to you and if they ask for ID or anything on the gates, I am getting there around five :). Just tried PMing you my email address, so i can forward you the ticket! Like I said free to a good home, would rather its used than go to waste at £2.50 :)

People going to The Strokes tomorrow, any particular tracks you're hoping to hear? Razorblade has always been a favourite of mine and I'd be ecstatic if they played it.

I really want Juicebox! and then the hits and I'll be happy,

God have they fucked this up. Last year was shit. Closing off the front section has made it far worse. Stood near the back of front pit. Constant stream of bottles thrown forward and security dealing with people trying to jump the barrier. They desperately need to rethink this before Saturday

Not in the pit it didn't, I can assure you! Had to get out after about five songs.

Good night apart from that tho.

Yeah they said the pit had to be closed off but in terms of when they have been before the crowd seemed much smaller!

Had a pretty great day overall. Kudos to Beck for majorly overshadowing The Strokes, best act of the day I felt. A lot of dickheads in the crowd but they seemed to calm down after the first few Strokes songs, or maybe it was just that I ended up further back in the crowd. Complaints about sound seemed massively exaggerated. I'm no expert but it was loud enough for me. Looking forward to going back there on Saturday.

Had a pretty great day overall. Kudos to Beck for majorly overshadowing The Strokes, best act of the day I felt. A lot of dickheads in the crowd but they seemed to calm down after the first few Strokes songs, or maybe it was just that I ended up further back in the crowd. Complaints about sound seemed massively exaggerated. I'm no expert but it was loud enough for me. .

Yeah agree with every word of this. The problem with the sound was the mix, not the volume.

Yeah agree with every word of this. The problem with the sound was the mix, not the volume.

Only time I took issue with sound was for Future Islands where the bass drum seemed to overpower everything else. Oh, and Yak, whose frontman spent most of the set furiously yelling at the sound guy and ended up dragging his guitar strings across the poles holding up the stage. Not sure what happened there. But I'm no audio technician so there may have been issues I didn't spot.

I've been to two Glastonburys, about 5 Leeds Festivals and a T In The Park; Is it similar to going to a festival for a day? What are food and drink prices like etc? I've never been to BST before so I just want a vague idea of what it is like compared to a "conventional" festival. Are there secret acts?

What's this about spotting Chris Martin etc? Are celebrities mingling amongst the crowd?

Edited by rossg123