Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Friday's day tickets haven't sold out yet, right? Maybe they will try to swap some bands around so they could sell Friday.

Surely if they were just going to bump Florence and the Machine like Glastonbury did, they would have announced it by now.

move Mumford to thursday and get acdc for the Friday!

OK just dreaming

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe is not that they can't, they probably just don't want to get someone else, because flo is big enough in UK to headline..plus, they do not sell day tickets..you have to consider that day tickets for Thursday at RW were sold out just for the foos..so hopefully (I am not much positive about that) they'll at least try to get someone

Good point about day tickets selling quickly for foos, but their get out is on terms and conditions.  The line up always subject to change, and I do recall David Bowie (godly) cancelling TITP because of health and the Darkness moved up the bill to headline.  Think that's the norm and can't see anything of note being secured at this late stage.  Lazy and safe option is to just bump bands up.

Just a bloody pity it wasn't mumford that cancelled.

Question regards to those used to the mobile charging facilities.

Do they expect you to bring your mobile phone with an EU plug charger,  or USB charger? 

More importantyl, if im bringing a mobile power brick with a USB charger, will they let me charge it instead of a phone?

On the festivalsite:

There are a few (small) unguarded charging points with a few different cables (iPhone/Mini USB/Micro USB), which are usually occupied and destroyed after day 2/3.

There is 1 big guarded charging point (most of all with a wainting row) where you can leave your phone with your own EU plug charger. Don't know they have USB. Last year I left my powerbank for a few hours, with my EU plug charger.

At the campsites:

No idea, depends from your campsite.

Good point about day tickets selling quickly for foos, but their get out is on terms and conditions. The line up always subject to change, and I do recall David Bowie (godly) cancelling TITP because of health and the Darkness moved up the bill to headline. Think that's the norm and can't see anything of note being secured at this late stage. Lazy and safe option is to just bump bands up.

Just a bloody pity it wasn't mumford that cancelled.

good point but they can't be lazy as they have a s*itload of money saved from foos cancellation

another point is that they cannot risk that many people don't come even if not being able to sell the ticket, would be bad for the festival image

Edited by zbo

Can we assume that Foo's will be playing RW in 2016 considering how RW moved the dates for the Foos and they will therefore want to repay the favour to RW? (and fulfil their position even if it is a year late?)

Praying that RW don't screw over the ticket holders and book another big act. Blur or The Strokes would fit perfectly.

Can we assume that Foo's will be playing RW in 2016 considering how RW moved the dates for the Foos and they will therefore want to repay the favour to RW? (and fulfil their position even if it is a year late?)

Pinkpop already confirmed Foo's will be making up for their cancellation in 2016, so we can indeed assume they'll repay the favour to RW as well. 

Pinkpop already confirmed Foo's will be making up for their cancellation in 2016, so we can indeed assume they'll repay the favour to RW as well. 

I would imagine, Pinkpop, Glastonbury and Werchter will all be scheduled next year. Dave and co have probably already agreed to all 3. They can't agree Pinkpop and not Werchter and same goes for Glasto really as they'll be around at the time. 

I tweeted RW to maybe give us a hint and confirm whether a new band will be introduced to headline or a band already in the line-up will be moved to headline... their reply:

"That is currently unclear. Our bookers are doing all they can to find the best possible solution."

Maybe a slight hint that negotiations are still undergoing with a new band (Blur fingers crossed) and a backup plan to move Florence & The Machine to a headline spot? 

I tweeted RW to maybe give us a hint and confirm whether a new band will be introduced to headline or a band already in the line-up will be moved to headline... their reply:

"That is currently unclear. Our bookers are doing all they can to find the best possible solution."

Maybe a slight hint that negotiations are still undergoing with a new band (Blur fingers crossed) and a backup plan to move Florence & The Machine to a headline spot?

Either that of they're booking smaller bands to slot into to the early day spots?

Editors' Tom Smith has just tweeted: 'One of those days. Keep your eyes peeled folks, something coming at you very very soon.'

Probably just album info/first teaser. They were already mixing the new songs back in February/March, so it makes sense to drop a single now. Don't think they'll book Editors now, because that's one headliner option less for 2016. 

Probably just album info/first teaser. They were already mixing the new songs back in February/March, so it makes sense to drop a single now. Don't think they'll book Editors now, because that's one headliner option less for 2016. 

Yup, you already know Editors and Foo's will be Werchter 16,

2012 and 2013?

2012 and 2013?

2010 (sub) - 2012 - 2013 - 2015 - 2016 would be an overkill. If you book them now AND next year, people will be like 'not Editors again' for the '16 edition. And that's when they're supposed to sell tickets for the fest. 

To be fair, I think Editors would only work in a coheadliner construction, their Belgian popularity is moving down again (perhaps because of overkill?)

Are Editors a good live band compared to other headliners ? They are not really famous in France, and their shows I can watch on YouTube do not convince me at all...

I can't stand KoL anymore, but I would gladly see Editors every year, Tom Smith voice can really move a crowd.