Muse

eldest300

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the annoying thing. They could just bring out a shit metal album and it'll be a 'return to form' and people can claim their Muse points or whatever even though that's not what they were. Like when people went crazy over Foos bringing out White Limo.

i'm half anticipating that this new album will go way overboard on the whole heavy thing and it'll end up sounding incredibly knuckleheaded and silly

That's the annoying thing. They could just bring out a shit metal album and it'll be a 'return to form' and people can claim their Muse points or whatever even though that's not what they were. Like when people went crazy over Foos bringing out White Limo.

Yeah I saw someone talking about what effects this could have on their live shows, and said "could we see a shift in the types of people attending, from people who like Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys to people who like Marilyn Manson and Lamb of God?" (paraphrased, but using those bands) and realised how shite it could turn out to be.

Annoyingly I have 1 bloody exam on the Monday after Download! And i need to do plenty of revision for it, which means I cannot go to DL for what seems to be a pretty damn good festival . I love Muse with a passion so the announcement of some arena shows after DL would be very much welcome. I can't wait for Drones, I think it's gunna be a smasher, and to be quite frank they have enough material for quite an incredible set already . And with more yet more songs which'll assumably be more to my tastes than other Muse material recently then from my personal point of view the Muse live show will go from a mighty strength to an even mightier strength!

Edited by willutalk

Haha. It's a decent riff but pretty much a standard for any Guitar in Drop D, nothing Deftones and the like haven't done before.

It sounds quite Classic for Muse and perhaps a little 'generic' but I guess Muse just can make a more 'normal' riff sound Musey and put it into a pretty awesome song. The energy does feel pretty awesome!

Muse are a strange beast, Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry were great, Absolution is utterly fantastic, BH&R had some interesting moments. Then they vanished up their own arses and started making pretentious space-jazz crossed with Queen. Last two albums were unlistenable in places.

That said I'd still be happy see them headline (04 was one of the best live performances I've ever seen by any band).

Absolute Radio gig is Noel Gallagher. There's a politics festival thingy in Belfast ending on Sunday and they've been retweeting Muse fans asking if Muse will be there, and replying to some saying it's possible.

The organiser of this festival has now emailed a fan club owner (or some other weird thing) saying "We're seeing lots of rumours on Twitter about Muse playing our festival on Sunday. Can you confirm?" lmao. Looks like they were just using the free publicity.

......Muse fans.........

I am glad I am not one of them :ninja: I've been trying to follow the Drones Discussion thread on the official forum. (Mainly cause of the potential secret gig)

Very very strange people on there!

I am the disspoint in the news now the gig will be in Belfast.

Edited by LondonTom