How were Public Service Broadcasting

johnmcga

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was the usual samples (which is kind of what actually makes it funny!).

Did the usual "It's great to be at ... ... ... ... The... Glastonbury... Festival" etc stuff. Also, was the drummer's birthday so we were asked to sing him happy birthday. "He would really love that."

Also, a load of mutant things on stilts from the naughty corner invaded halfway through. All in all, it was extremely good.

Similar here, our little group was somewhat distracted by the mutant invasion (I remember one of the mutants licking my face :startle: ), all good fun, quite enjoyed what I saw of PSB at Glastonbury mostly because they were so unusual, but caught their full set late at night in a big dark tent a few weeks later (at WOMAD), and that worked much better, imo.

Can't see them headlining the JPT - nowhere near the size of London Grammar or Kaiser Chiefs (who they just supported at the O2)

Maybe Williams Green, although they played in there a couple of years ago. 3rd in the JPT would work.

They subbed the West Holts last year and have sold out big venues for this latest tour.

They'll be on late somewhere... 3rd last in the JP would be a laughable slot, smaller than last year despite being (probably) significantly more popular

Edited by Space Shanty

My mistake... thought it was a bit later in my Sunday fuzz.

Shit, no idea what I did between them and Bonobo in that case.

Either way, they don't work particularly well in the daytime, although maybe indoors would alleviate that problem a lot.
Even so, any slot less than an hour is basically a waste of time IMO.

Maybe more chance of seeing them headline a tent at Electric Picnic, which would be grand if it doesn't work out at Glasto.

I love PSB and certainly could not be bothered with Dolly.

I enjoyed their set last year and it was a nice warm up for The Horrors who are one of my favourite bands.

I saw them in a tent the other year at End of The Road and I preferred that as, in a small tent with the sound and visuals it was a bit of a rave - or that may just have been me !

Yeah they have to headline somewhere at this stage, and indoors clearly works best.

The JP Tent would be ideal.

I'm missing their Belfast gig so I really need this to happen

I do like them , but headline , really?

I do like them , but headline , really?

I'm being greedy in that I think the 2 albums would demand a 90 minute slot.

But as has been pointed out, I thought they played later than they did last year due to the (great) state I was in!

So more than likely they won't headline anywhere, but you never know I suppose.

We'll see how this album does... bit different to the first one but a fine effort again i think

Edited by Space Shanty

Love PSB. They headlined the second stage at Guilfest last year and it was a brilliant show and earnt their slot IMHO

I would love to see them headline the JP or Park - both possibilities by my reckoning. JP if they take off, but they're a perfect bit unusual band for the Park even if they stay relatively niche

Funny to see this thread popping up again!

I drove up to Leicester to see them at the National Space Centre on Friday night and enjoyed the set a lot. I wouldn't expect to see them headline any stage though - early evening on the JP would be about right, I reckon.

I too was there. Spoke to them after the show, they self-confirmed for Glasto.

I too was there. Spoke to them after the show, they self-confirmed for Glasto.

Cool, that's good to hear! Saw they were doing a signing after the show, but didn't stick around as we wanted to get back to London.

Good evening though - enjoyed poking around all the exhibits before the show.

Funny to see this thread popping up again!

I drove up to Leicester to see them at the National Space Centre on Friday night and enjoyed the set a lot. I wouldn't expect to see them headline any stage though - early evening on the JP would be about right, I reckon.

Yeah, JP. Their music would also suit The Park, but JP has the screens and darkness, which is pretty vital for them, I'd say.

Ben is it better than Spitfire?

Spitfire is the standout track from the first LP, and is great. But there are tracks on the second record that make you smile in the same way, if you like that PSB sound. The two obvious ones are Gagarin and Go!

I think it's a better record as a whole album than, Inform-Educate-Entertain. It works best played in its entirety in the correct running order. Please put them somewhere in the dark, Eavii!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22