Football 2014/15

TheGayTent

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah what's that about? Guidetti gone too so they've two strikers left right?

Ramirez, Hernandez and soon Ben Arfa to cover for Snodgrass... it doesn't feel like long ago that I was delighted we'd got Caleb Folan for £1m on deadline day!

Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic. Not exactly lacking considering they typically play 1 up front. And they have that extra squad limit.

I still can't find confirmation about HBA going anywhere. If you do get him it could be an excellent signing. Player that oozes quality yet is horrifically inconsistent. Sad to see him go.

Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic. Not exactly lacking considering they typically play 1 up front. And they have that extra squad limit.

I still can't find confirmation about HBA going anywhere. If you do get him it could be an excellent signing. Player that oozes quality yet is horrifically inconsistent. Sad to see him go.

Jovetic is never gonna lead a line though is he? I thought he was played as an attacking midfielder so I forgot to count him but Aguero's injured that often it'll just be two most of the time anyway.

HBA is only a loan though, so if he gets going again then Toon can probably stand to cash in or can reintroduce him to the squad. If he stays poor then you've dodged his wages for a season.

Jovetic is never gonna lead a line though is he? I thought he was played as an attacking midfielder so I forgot to count him but Aguero's injured that often it'll just be two most of the time anyway.

HBA is only a loan though, so if he gets going again then Toon can probably stand to cash in or can reintroduce him to the squad. If he stays poor then you've dodged his wages for a season.

I reckon he can. He can certainly play as a second striker off either of the others though.

His contract only has a year left, so with the bad blood he'll definitely not play for us again. Shame IMO although I understand it.

May 14, 2012

‘We invest in young players, that is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it.
‘We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way.’

-Sir Alex Ferguson.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

May 14, 2012

-Sir Alex Ferguson.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Can't do that anymore sadly. That model of football is dead really. A club can fall behind and go tits up very quickly now. The Class of 92 (the documentary is great, Utd fan or not) is the last example of that happening.

Woodward last month: "I don’t want to see players going to other clubs in Spain, I want us to stand out as the best club in the world".

Different business model at Old Trafford now.

Utd throwing their principles under the bus and adopting a Leeds-esque "go big or go home" approach is a dicey strategy. The world of footie is standing on the sideline watching with interest. Meanwhile, other clubs are applying a more sangfroid, measured approach.

Utd throwing their principles under the bus and adopting a Leeds-esque "go big or go home" approach is a dicey strategy. The world of footie is standing on the sideline watching with interest. Meanwhile, other clubs are applying a more sangfroid, measured approach.

What will Utd do if in May they're still not a CL club?

It's gonna be interesting, very interesting. Anyone want to tell me again that it's impossible for Utd to do a Leeds? :P

Edited by eFestivals

Either way it's pretty amusing to see Utd publicly abandon all pretence. They're in some ways far worse than City and Chelsea at this stage. Both clubs their fans smugly looked down upon as below them in recent years £20 million for a one year loan deal??

EPIC pressure on LVG now. Get CL or bust son.

Have they sold their future ticket sales or sold Old Trafford and Carrington?

In Neil and Woodersons anti Utd mind they're as good as finished and Fergie is the devil. Regardless of facts.

Can't win with ABU/LFC fans. Utd spend money and the soul is gone from the club. Don't spend money and the Glazers are the issue. Try bring through youth and if they don't work its a joke of a setup etc.

Utterly obsessed with Man Utd either way. Page after page after page after page of posts about Utd.

Out of interest does anyone know the numbers for Utds net spend on players over the last 5 years or so?

Nal - Utd are the biggest club in the world. They are going to be talked about none stop. By fans and haters alike. All day long. What they do in football matters and makes headlines, always.

It would be unnatural for a non Utd football fan not to look on, with interest, perversely at any type of car crash emanating out of Old Trafford. If one believes the bigger they are the harder they fall then the entertainment to come out of Man Utd over the next while may even eclipse what has been enjoyed over the last 15 months or so. ;)