iTunes Festival 2014

dentalplan

But if you really wanted to see an act, would you pay 99p to buy a song to enter the prize draw?

I'm pretty sure that is illegal, any buy something competitions always have in the t&c no purchase necessary.

Surely sticking it like this promotes queuing which adds to the hype

You mean people walk past the que and decide to join in because it looks like fun?

Edited by jump

Might queue for Kasabian on Friday, can anyone who's queued before offer some advice on what time I should get there?

I severly doubt you will get in by going for the standby queue for Kasabian, that gig will be one of the biggest and most popular, they massively oversubscribe tickets due to no-shows and many people who win tickets will show up.

I tried today to get in to see Beck and it was rammed

not one person in the standby queue got in even those queueing hours on end!

They even turned away at least 100 people with winning tickets and loads with tickets missed the start.

If that was a Tuesday night for Beck imagine what Kasabian on a friday night would be like!

Seriously do not bother!

I have been to some before for a not as popular act (Jake Bugg) and didnt take long to join standby queue to get in, another year stood in standby queue for hours for Arctic Monkeys and no one got in plus hundreds of comp winners.

I severly doubt you will get in by going for the standby queue for Kasabian, that gig will be one of the biggest and most popular, they massively oversubscribe tickets due to no-shows and many people who win tickets will show up.

I tried today to get in to see Beck and it was rammed

not one person in the standby queue got in even those queueing hours on end!

They even turned away at least 100 people with winning tickets and loads with tickets missed the start.

I'd have been pissed off if I travelled all the way from Sheffield to be turned away, glad I didn't enter for anything then and I probably won't be entering at all now

EDIT: Matt just cleared up my issue, so I may enter for next year after all :P

Edited by justanothername

If you have a ticket you're guaranteed entry to the gig if you get there before a certain time (think its 8pm), so I assume the ticket holders turned away were because they didn't get in the queue before hat time rather than the venue reaching capacity.

they wouldnt let any standby people or actual ticket holders in as venue was at capacity.

The ticket line queue always get priority over the standby queue even after 8pm,

People with tickets had to queue down round the road, so could have got there at 745 expecting to be fine for 8pm but wouldnt have got in til at least half 8.