iTunes Festival 2014

dentalplan

It just hit me that the first iTunes Festival acts last year were announced in May, which is just around the corner. Any early shouts?

Would be nice to win some tickets this year. Last year's had too many happy to apply for all gigs and complain when they only won ones they didn't care about - I don't know if Apple could work to put an end to that but that was a bit miserable.

EDIT: It has been announced now so I might as well put some info in the OP.

SEPTEMBER

1 -

2 - Beck + Jenny Lewis

3 - David Guetta + Clean Bandit + Robin Schulz

4 - 5 Seconds of Summer + Charlie Simpson

5 - Kasabian

6 -

7 - Calvin Harris + Kiesza

8 - Robert Plant + Luke Sital-Singh

9 - Sam Smith + Sohn

10 - Pharrell Williams + Jungle

11 - Maroon 5 + Matthew Koma

12 - Elbow

13 - Paolo Nutini

14 - David Gray

15 - The Script + Foxes

16 - Blondie + Chrissie Hynde

17 - Gregory Porter + Eric Whitacre

18 - Jessie Ware

19 -

20 - Rudimental + Jess Glynne

21 - Ryan Adams + First Aid Kit

22 -

23 -

24 -

25 -

26 - Lenny Kravitz

27 - Kylie + MNEK

28 -

29 -

30 -

Next draws are due Aug 19 and around a week before each event

Edited by dentalplan

Kasabian, Coldplay, Clean Bandit, Biffy Clyro, Jack White, The Black Keys, James Blake, Editors, Damon Albarn, McBusted, Calvin Harris, Little Mix, Gorgon City, Pharrell Williams, Vamps, Klaxons, Kendrick Lamar, Sam Smith, Rita Ora, Kaiser Chiefs, Beyonce, Arcade Fire, Elbow, Paolo Nutini, London Grammar, Bastille, The Killers, Pearl Jam, Example....aaaaaand Metallica?

Edited by deadpheasant

Kasabian, Coldplay, Clean Bandit, Biffy Clyro, Jack White, The Black Keys, James Blake, Editors, Damon Albarn, McBusted, Calvin Harris, Little Mix, Gorgon City, Pharrell Williams, Vamps, Klaxons, Kendrick Lamar, Sam Smith, Rita Ora, Kaiser Chiefs, Beyonce, Arcade Fire, Elbow, Paolo Nutini, London Grammar, Bastille, The Killers, Pearl Jam, Example....aaaaaand Metallica?

Oooooh hhnnnnnffff

• Downvote 1

Ever year I'm always suprised by the level of bands they get to play

Sabbath? Prince?

Not sure if jack white would do it, he fucking hates people taking pictures at gigs so I think he'd flip his shit if he saw an itunes fest show!

True, but he did do it on the back of his last album

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing a tweet from a young girl last year which was something along the lines of "I WON ITUNES TICKETS! I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THE PIXIES ARE BUT FREE GIG!!"

Seething.

That's not so bad really if she went along and got a lesson in good music. The ones that actually complained because they had won tickets to acts they didn't care about instead of their favourite bands were the worst.

Edited by dentalplan

iTunes Festival is utter bollocks. You get people who have never heard a tune by the band applying for tickets, just because it's free, then you watch the live stream, and you're like "Look at those unappreciative motherfuckers."

It just pisses me off big time... Last year, I actually bought tickets to a show and edited the name on it. (I almost didn't get in when they scanned it, so I wouldn't bother doing it again)

it you own an iPod or iPhone there's no name so you just scan the code thing and put it in the app and you save the hassle

iTunes Festival is utter bollocks. You get people who have never heard a tune by the band applying for tickets, just because it's free, then you watch the live stream, and you're like "Look at those unappreciative motherfuckers."

It just pisses me off big time... Last year, I actually bought tickets to a show and edited the name on it. (I almost didn't get in when they scanned it, so I wouldn't bother doing it again)

*shrugs*

Its a free gig to promote bands albums/itunes ...I don't think we can really complain. (Was obviously better when the general gig going public didn't know about it, so didn't apply for the smaller bands though.). Its doing what it is designed for, to promote an acts new album to people who might not be intrested in it.

*shrugs*

Its a free gig to promote bands albums/itunes ...I don't think we can really complain. (Was obviously better when the general gig going public didn't know about it, so didn't apply for the smaller bands though.). Its doing what it is designed for, to promote an acts new album to people who might not be intrested in it.

I think it's designed to promote itunes and Apple.

I'm surprised they haven't changed it yet so that you have to buy/pre-order music by an artist to be entered into a draw to win tickets for their gig.

What if people already have the music as a physical copy, or prefer to not have the 256 AAC iTunes give you?

Edited by Tuna
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...