What new bands have you discovered/enjoyed since line-up announcement or TBC?

Guest plaskins

I've started getting into St. Vincent..I really loved Digital Witness on Jools Holland

Currently working my way through her albums, the self title didn't live up to what I thought of Digital Witness but decent. Now on the David Byrne album which I am quite enjoying it!

Think I will have to go see her!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this thread, so much so I have joined this forum.

If everyone who says they like Jagwar Ma goes to Jagwar Ma, they are going to need to need a bigger field. Watched them last week at Leeds, top stuff.

In no order.......

Vintage Trouble ...........Bon Jovi meets the Jim Jones Review with surprising results

Skrillex.............Someone takes some good sounding tunes and then takes crack and is let loose on the effects button on a Yamaha keyboard

Jagwar Ma.....Australian nu-nu indie rave type thing, see above

Mik Artistiks Ego Trip.........To describe anything as comedy music instantly makes it sound like you would rather pull your eyeballs out than watch it. However, this was one of the best things we watched and they are back this year.

Public Service Broadcasting........A BBC Radio 4 man from the 1950's speaks over semi dance music and once the novelty has worn off, it settles down into a knowing nod of the head to ......that is actually quite good

Chromeo.........either brilliant or terrible, i have listened quite a lot and can not put my flag in either camp

Kodaline...........it comes on, you don't want to like it, it sounds like the entire dawsons creek/one tree hill soundtrack and annoyingly, when you have your music on shuffle and you hear a song you like and look to see who it is ........fucking kodaline.

Jack White........expecting not to like, liked, think the White Stripes just passed me by and that was now my fault

Drenge...........horrible name, great sounds, punchy, angry, lyrics bordering on terrible, tunes pretty big, tent, afternoon, done

Crystal Fighters...........effortless as 74% of all Crystal Fighters sounds are on TV adverts. Quality Live.

So.........two things.

Soul/Funk in the Craig Charles Soul/Funk Band style

and

Saturday Night ............what to do?

I was at boomtown too! That's the first place I heard this genre of music really & I loved it!

I was at Boomtown last year, and so many people were asking me what time this 'band' was on so i hung around to watch. Not my style of music but was blown away with how nice it all sounded together. They were very good, nice end to the day.

Since the announcement and subsequent lineup browsing...

JUNGLE - can't wait to see these guys on John Peel - dancy/funky types with added groove

check out Busy Earnin' - http://youtu.be/BcsfftwLUf0

YOUNG FATHERS - hip hop driven with a cracking voice to boot. Song below is catchier than chicken pox

I Heard - http://youtu.be/fcRKZkk79-w

JAKE ISAAC - folky vibes with a bit of angst, can imagine it'll be class live (especially song below)

Long Road - http://youtu.be/HllUW8G7VFI

St Vincent - great find that's right up my street, i love avant guard creative female singers.

Vintage trouble - loving the Commitments sound and vibe

The war on drugs - great sound, better live than on record i think.