What new bands have you discovered/enjoyed since line-up announcement or TBC?

Guest plaskins

Was going to say not that much, but then.....
¡¡¡BOMBA ESTEREO!!!

Yeah - will almost certainly try to check them out. One of those acts who's name rang a bell and when I ran a search on my media library it turned out I'd downloaded a bit of their stuff a few years back and never really given it much thought.

Fuego is a choon. Reckon they'll be rocking The Gully.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a desperate attempt to find something to see on Saturday night, I've discovered Mogwai.

Heard the name but never anything by them before now. Thanks to Spotify, they are fast becoming my number one choice for the Saturday.

Anyone recommend their best work? What are their live shows like?

Edited by cassiel1972

Paisley's finest, Mogwai, will - without a shadow of a doubt - be the best thing on offer on Saturday night. Mogwai Young Team is widely regarded as their best record but - overall, an individual's ratings of their various albums will depend on their appetite for guitars that could stun a Glaswegian football crowd into drooling silence on Old Firm day. MYT and Come On Die Young are their more apocalyptic long players, latest effort Rave Tapes is easier on the plasterwork. My suggestion would be to get Rave Tapes and MYT and then, depending on which you prefer, either work back from Rave Tapes through their (mildly) mellower stuff or forward from MYT, through their more 'weaponised' output. Live, they are immense. And loud. Scarily loud. Although, it remains to be seen how much firepower they'll be able to muster outdoors in the Park. I've only seen them inside before, an audio sensation akin to being locked in a small room with an increasingly irritated rhino.

I have downloaded many of the band's mentioned on this thread. So far I've listened to Deltron 3030 and Mogwai, both for the first time. Can I ask if 'Rave Tapes' is a general reflection of Mogwai's stuff? Btw, both very good in different ways.

Saw them at TGE, they need more choons IMHO, but they have a couple of really good songs. Their set was solid but other than one or two songs it were a tad 'alright' as opposed to anything spectacular, think they'd be a good shout for people into that kind of music but probably wont rank highly among peeps 'best things you saw at Glasto' list.