Weather

matt_berr

I'm getting nervous - it's not looking great at the moment, and if it's looking like it'll be a muddy one hubby will stay at home as he literally cannot move in the mud due to his cerebral palsy. Which would leave me to set up for five people (rest of group arriving Thursday/Friday) and having recently discovered this will be my first pregnant glastonbury I'm reluctant to load myself up too much.

It's worrying, but still not quite enough to drive me away from the true path of science...

Edited by MrsRookin

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science has many mysteries, revealed only to those who study it. Mysticism, however, is for loons.

The only mystery about weather science is the fact that they still haven't worked out a way of predicting tomorrow's weather, let alone the forecast in a month.

This early on, the only thing any of us have is hope and faith.

I'm getting nervous - it's not looking great at the moment, and if it's looking like it'll be a muddy one hubby will stay at home as he literally cannot move in the mud due to his cerebral palsy. Which would leave me to set up for five people (rest of group arriving Thursday/Friday) and having recently discovered this will be my first pregnant glastonbury I'm reluctant to load myself up too much.

It's worrying, but still not quite enough to drive me away from the true path of science...

Really? I thought all the indications at the moment were for a pretty dry one? Where are you seeing bad reports?

Edit: you've got me worried now!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for a dry one for you. When are you turning up? I'm sure you'd find some kind souls here to meet you and help put your tents up. I'm getting there Tuesday so may even be able to meet you at the gate to help carry some stuff if you like. Let me know when/where you'll be turning up.

Its looking quite positive at the moment, but remember it is extremely unlikely that there will be no rain or mud at all. A year like 2010 is a rarity.

Have you contacted the festival about your husbands disability? As I understand it they do help people with a disability and mobility difficulties. It used to be for people with broken legs as well, but then a whole load of jokers turned up on crutches to get a good view of the Pyramid stage (can you believe it!?). I only know about this because my mum broke her leg last year and asked the festival about access.

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for a dry one for you. When are you turning up? I'm sure you'd find some kind souls here to meet you and help put your tents up. I'm getting there Tuesday so may even be able to meet you at the gate to help carry some stuff if you like. Let me know when/where you'll be turning up.

Thank you, that's very kind of you! If hubby doesn't come I will probably change my plans as currently we are planning to head up on the Tuesday, but will go later if I'm on my own. I plan to travel light (no booze to carry at least!) and make the rest of our group carry more of their stuff (had offered to take stuff in our car as they're all going by public transport) so I'm sure I'll be grand, just like to worry a bit about logistics!

Its looking quite positive at the moment, but remember it is extremely unlikely that there will be no rain or mud at all. A year like 2010 is a rarity.

Have you contacted the festival about your husbands disability? As I understand it they do help people with a disability and mobility difficulties. It used to be for people with broken legs as well, but then a whole load of jokers turned up on crutches to get a good view of the Pyramid stage (can you believe it!?). I only know about this because my mum broke her leg last year and asked the festival about access.

I looked into it last year, but because he doesn't claim any DLA and doesn't have a blue badge he isn't entitled to any help, which is bonkers really as he would be completely unable to move In 2011 conditions and I almost had to carry him back to our tent after having to walk in wellies all day last year on the Friday because his legs went into spasm. Maybe I will try again but didn't get much of a helpful response last year.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic!

real time weather observation in action today. Despite the photo quality, it is sunny and he is solar powered. We will go for a mooch towards Worthy later and see if anything interesting is within photo range.

20140601_124355_zps629db597.jpg

A photo of Big Dog.....now it really does feel like we're into the Glastonbury home run!

Thank you, that's very kind of you! If hubby doesn't come I will probably change my plans as currently we are planning to head up on the Tuesday, but will go later if I'm on my own. I plan to travel light (no booze to carry at least!) and make the rest of our group carry more of their stuff (had offered to take stuff in our car as they're all going by public transport) so I'm sure I'll be grand, just like to worry a bit about logistics!

Haha! OK, well if you change your mind and find yourself laden with stuff, just ping me a message before the Tuesday and I'll be happy to help. Enjoy the festival!