T in The Park 2015

Matt42

Yeah I get that feeling. The album hasn't seemed to stir up as much hype as I'd expected 'the next Black Keys album' to have done and it's all a bit reminiscent of talk of Elbow (at other festivals) for this year.

Genuine question, as I don't know; is it any less hyped than QOTSA's album was? I'm not expecting them to headline T or whatever, but I still think they're likely to headline R&L. I'm not saying it is as hyped as QOTSA's, just wondering, from a neutral kinda perspective.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that do you mean everyone expects them to be bigger than they are?

Down the line, I guess so.

Genuine question, as I don't know; is it any less hyped than QOTSA's album was? I'm not expecting them to headline T or whatever, but I still think they're likely to headline R&L. I'm not saying it is as hyped as QOTSA's, just wondering, from a neutral kinda perspective.

I don't know - I'm not really a neutral but I think it was moreso. I just reckon The Black Keys were more or less a sure thing but now doubts are creeping in. I reckon they might have stood a better chance if they weren't subbing Glastonbury off the album but eh, who knows. I still think it's possible that they could headline festivals, but now I think they can sub them again next year as well.

I don't know - I'm not really a neutral but I think it was moreso. I just reckon The Black Keys were more or less a sure thing but now doubts are creeping in. I reckon they might have stood a better chance if they weren't subbing Glastonbury off the album but eh, who knows. I still think it's possible that they could headline festivals, but now I think they can sub them again next year as well.

Queens Of The Stone Age subbed Download with ...Like Clockwork to be fair though and the hype wasn't really coming from the R&L crowd mainly (I know someone who is going to Leeds Festival and she never even heard of Queens Of The Stone Age)

I think the Black Keys will probably headline R&L this year though

Fri main

Blur

Madness

OCS

Fri radio 1

Chemical brothers

Primal scream

Stereophonics

Sat main stage

Prodigy

Pulp

Pet shop boys

Saturday Radio 1

Kasabian

Happy Mondays

New order

Sunday main stage

Arcade fire

Nghfb

Kate perry

Sunday radio1

Deadmau5

Public enemy

Sex pistols

Fri main

Blur

Madness

OCS

Fri radio 1

Chemical brothers

Primal scream

Stereophonics

Sat main stage

Prodigy

Pulp

Pet shop boys

Saturday Radio 1

Kasabian

Happy Mondays

New order

Sunday main stage

Arcade fire

Nghfb

Kate perry

Sunday radio1

Deadmau5

Public enemy

Sex pistols

2015, not 1995.

i was hoping it was slightly along the "hoping for" category rather than prediction one as so many wouldnt happen on the same lineup. a few a far too low down and others wouldnt even play so id say it must be tongue in cheek? could just be giving Lor the benefit of doubt tho!

No wonder Lor's constantly fuming, if that's what they consider as a realistic festival lineup.

Oh it's a realistic line up..apologies

Fri main Calvin Harris

Avvici

Radio 1 Ben Howard

Sat main Killers

Martin garrix

Radio 1 olly murs

Sun main Snow patrol

Disclosure

Radio 1 David guetta

Rudimental

i was hoping it was slightly along the "hoping for" category rather than prediction one as so many wouldnt happen on the same lineup. a few a far too low down and others wouldnt even play so id say it must be tongue in cheek? could just be giving Lor the benefit of doubt tho!

Course it is dont expect any on that list at Titp next year unless they do a duet with Calvin Titp Harris

• 1 month later...

Listening to the new Jack White and Kasabian albums today. Enjoying both.

Would like JW for T next year, dunno if it'll happen though. Would be a brilliant R1 headliner against a big pop act, or a sub on the main stage.

I had big reservations about 48:13 after hearing Eez-eh, but it's pretty good actually. Nothing mind blowing but fun tracks none the less. If they were back headlining T I don't think I'd be too miffed. Probably grumble a bit when they were announced but have a great time when they actually played.

FRIDAY

main stage
Florence + The Machine

The Black Keys

Damon Albarn

radio 1

Chase & Status

tuts

Basement Jaxx

transmissions

Mogwai

SATURDAY

main stage

The Prodigy (co-headline)

Kasabian (co-headline)

Emeli Sande

radio 1

Two Door Cinema Club

tuts

Lorde

transmissions

Madeon

SUNDAY

main stage

Muse

Jack White

Lana Del Rey

radio 1

David Guetta

tuts

Nero

transmissions

Band Of Skulls

Mix of rock/indie/dance/pop in there. Probably won't happen.

Fri main prodigy pink

R1 Black keys Stereophonics

Kt Blondie

Sat Fleetwood mac chas and status

R1 Avicci Bombay cycle club

Kt public enemy

Sun main Kasabian NGHFB

R1 Deadmau5 madness

Kt olly murs

Edited by Lor1