T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main stage looked really small area on tv last night. How does it look when you're there

Main stage slightly smaller than I expected it would be. Tuts pretty much the size I expected it would be but Radio1 stage felt really really small. My sister thought Tuts was the bigger of the two after having been in both

Considering the the crowd sizes some acts have shockingly had going by coverage, Twin Atlantic are nailing their set here

The biggest surprise was just how small the Radio1 stage and it's crowd were. None of Strypes/Circa Waves/Enter Shikari/Alt-J/Twin Atlantic made it close to being as far back as the mixing desk. 

Just back into the house. Didn't bother with headliners. Girlfriend and her pal went to Proclaimers and said that even though the signs said tent full there were more just piling in. Think they got a fright as it looked like there may be a crush.

Right got to ask you about this, getting back from Libs my plan was head into the tent to catch ended of Proclaimers and Courteeners. Could vaguely hear I'm Gonna Be over those fucking annoying waltzers.

Can you ask her, was Proclaimers even that full? Because for everyone else in the tent (Including Courteeners) there was plenty room, joined Courteeners crowd 4 songs in and was able to walk right up to the 2nd set of posts. Sisters said Alt-J's crowd was small and Libs though small compared to a Balado headliner set did appear to fiill most of the main stage area on the BBC aerials. 

Just seen some footage of The Libertines and Pete look very slurry with some of the words. Not a brilliant show that and that crowd didn't seem bothered bar the expected.

Libertines sounded very tight. But yes to say the crowd were shite is a understatement. 

The biggest surprise was just how small the Radio1 stage and it's crowd were. None of Strypes/Circa Waves/Enter Shikari/Alt-J/Twin Atlantic made it close to being as far back as the mixing desk

I wanted to see Strypes & Circa Waves but didn't realise there would be a 2 hour queue for people with day tickets to get in and missed both :(

I wanted to see Strypes & Circa Waves but didn't realise there would be a 2 hour queue for people with day tickets to get in and missed both :(

The organisation of the day tickets entrance/exit was a fucking shambles. We made it back to our hotel for the night in Stirling at 10 past 3! I think that will turn people away from visiting T for good more than the music tbh. 

Stereophonics looked good on the online coverage earlier, more like their usual selves than their dull 2013 performance. Noel's been pretty decent so far as well.

Thought the same of the phonics. Great show from them. Think the more energetic show after a break helps.

Looks like Noel has saved the festival here, so much good being said about this and it's even surprising me

Decent performance but bit dramatic to say he's saved the most complained about festival ive ever known. Going to take more than a few oasis tunes to appease a lot of very pissed off people

That's me just into bed now (Glasgow South). I ended up just walking back to Auchterarder from the site. The road carrying the shuttle buses was just stuck with cars. Parents on the school run perhaps? Michty me :(

Anyway, Noel was good but the sound at times didn't carry very well. Couldn't hear him singing What A Life. Tried the Proj for a bit but their sound was really poor as well. Might have looked and sounded ok on TV but just to the right of stage, all I was getting was the occasional bassy boom. Last time I saw them at T in 05 they were very impressive.

Overall, not too bad. Would have liked more depth to the line-up but there you go.

Great organisation on site tonight for getting buses, we stayed until the end of Noel and we were on a bus 30mins later. Back in Glasgow for 1am and in bed 15mins later. No issues getting in this morning either. Probably 20mins from getting off the bus to getting into the site? Me and my mate were both groped in the crotch when getting searched though which probably wasn't the best start to the day.

Noel smashed it tonight. We were in the enclosure for the first half but the sound was dire. Moved to the side, just outside the enclosure for the 2nd half (we were also thinking about getting to the buses quicker) and the sound was miles better. Dare I say, it was crystal clear.

Stereophonics were dire. Really disappointing cos I'm a big fan but the setlist was all wrong. The crowd really picked up for the last 3 songs but there were still loads of classics that weren't even played when lesser known singles got an airing.

Really surprised by Paloma Faith. She really got the crowd on side. Although I was a bit confused by the whole stage show. She was covering jazz standards while doing choreographed dance routines and taking photos on a disposable camera. I just don't get that whole quirkiness thing.

Catfish & the Bottlemen were brilliant. Ended up quite near the barrier and the crowd was nuts. My mate is a fan and I knew the odd song from the radio but they really impressed me. Will be checking them out again!

Really liked what I saw of James Bay, wish I saw more actually.

The View being introduced by Gary Tank Commander was a highlight of the day. Standard hits set from them, good fun for the afternoon.

Saw Ella Eyre's last few songs and she seemed quite good too. Surprisingly big crowd for so early in the day.

Wolf Alice were really good too. Great band, I was surprised by how many of the crowd seemed to know words and got really into it early in the day. Will definitely need to see them again!