T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a call from our mini bus driver tomorrow saying from what he's heard it's taking 4 hours to get through the traffic and it's chaos.

Welcome to Strathallan.

If it's chaos already, wait until everybody's packed into a site that's a fraction of the size of Balado.

That's when the real chaos will begin.

Got a call from our mini bus driver tomorrow saying from what he's heard it's taking 4 hours to get through the traffic and it's chaos.

Even the Citylink buses are struggling apparently even with their dedicated routes and entrances. An hour long bus queue just to get into the site. Folk going nuts.

Fingers crossed everything is ok by tomorrow!

My thoughts exactly Andy.

If anything, it will be even worse tomorrow.

It'll be 10 fold better tomorrow than it was today, the traffic and queing on the Friday is never a patch on the Thursday, there's a fraction of the people arriving

It'll be 10 fold better tomorrow than it was today, the traffic and queing on the Friday is never a patch on the Thursday, there's a fraction of the people arriving

Today isn't even finished yet. Hasn't the site only been open for 3 hours already?

Perhaps it's just teething troubles with the new site but it looks mighty small and pretty inaccessible to me. 

Compared to Balado, that is.

Can't imagine there will be anything they can change.

My thoughts exactly Andy.

If anything, it will be even worse tomorrow.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the majority of the campers go up today with the rest arriving tomorrow. Today was the real test. I think it will be ok tomorrow and the congestion cleared before the day trippers start arriving in the afternoon.

Today isn't even finished yet. Hasn't the site only been open for 3 hours already?

Perhaps it's just teething troubles with the new site but it looks mighty small and pretty inaccessible to me.

Compared to Balado, that is.

There's always traffic on the Thursday, recall the early days of the 3 day festival there were 3/4 hour queues on the roads to get near the site

They'll be much less congestion tomorrow, whether the site is a lot smaller than balado I'm not sure, I don't know facts, but I don't think it's considerably smaller at all

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the majority of the campers go up today with the rest arriving tomorrow. Today was the real test. I think it will be ok tomorrow and the congestion cleared before the day trippers start arriving in the afternoon.

Hopefully you're right.

I just hope everybody keeps the head.

Strathallan will take everybody a bit of getting used to.

There's always traffic on the Thursday, recall the early days of the 3 day festival there were 3/4 hour queues on the roads to get near the site

They'll be much less congestion tomorrow, whether the site is a lot smaller than balado I'm not sure, I don't know facts, but I don't think it's considerably smaller at all

I'm going by what one of my mates has told me. He works at T every year, building the stages, etc. He's been up there since July 1st.