Glastonbury Slipping Through My Fingers...

Guest usm

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely understand what the OP is saying about being unispired. Not even talking about headliners, last year was the 1st year of 6 that there was nobody playing that I really wanted to see. I've got tickets this year (thank the gods). Think that says it.

People always seem to get defensive when people don't think the festival is magnificent! Although maybe also because a lot of efest posters didn't get tickets and are desperate to go, so maybe it's tough when they read posts by people who have got a ticket but don't seem to want to go for reasons they can't empathise with!

There's nothing wrong with having second thoughts if the lineup is important to you (it is a lot of money!), but I will say remember only a Tony fraction of a fraction of the lineup has been revealed- you might be jumping the gun! But it's up to you if you want to take the gamble or not- just do what's right for you!

Edited by Yesiamaduck

This is sadly an effect the way the Glastonbury lineup is revealed sometimes has on people. The majority of ticket holders won't be quite as aware as to the current state of play.

But let me tell you, that night when the full lineup goes up is never a let down. It'll be twice the length of every other festival, and if there isnt at least two or three acts that make you a giddy goose, I'll be surprised

People always seem to get defensive when people don't think the festival is magnificent! Although maybe also because a lot of efest posters didn't get tickets and are desperate to go, so maybe it's tough when they read posts by people who have got a ticket but don't seem to want to go for reasons they can't empathise with!

There's nothing wrong with having second thoughts if the lineup is important to you (it is a lot of money!), but I will say remember only a Tiny fraction of a fraction of the lineup has been revealed- you might be jumping the gun! But it's up to you if you want to take the gamble or not- just do what's right for you!

To be honest a festival jam packed full of your favourite bands is a friggin nightmare, the first couple of times I went I made the mistake if trying to cram everything in- which I'm sure many newbies do, 4 or 5 bands a day is more than enough, I love the gaps inbetween to go and discover, discovered Ben Caplan this year, I don't think any other festival offers you that. I personally wouldn't want to be stood watching bands for the whole day

Completely understand what the OP is saying about being unispired. Not even talking about headliners, last year was the 1st year of 6 that there was nobody playing that I really wanted to see. I've got tickets this year (thank the gods). Think that says it.

Then you need to get some wider tastes rather than the festival get other bands.

If you're finding that little to see the problem is definitely you and not it.

For me finding new bands while walking around is one of the things i love about glastonbury. Currently I am enjoying listening to the glastonbury playlist on spotify.

West Holts always seem to have some gems, love this stage so may be a bit biased.

Maybe glastonbury don't announce the line up sooner so they get people who really want to be there and are not there for one band.

they weren't even a headliner, but a middle/late afternoon slot.

Mind you, it WAS the performance the put them on the map festival-wise, i'd say. Of the many times I've seen Chic in recent years, that one was head and shoulders above the rest (and the rest weren't bad).