The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

Where do you think they'd fit in? I'm not sure that they'd be a big enough pull to shift many tickets (considering it was so easy to get tickets for BST for free via competitions) and therefore would be unlikely to headline even the NME tent.

Are you saying that if a band isn't selling out a 60,000 event with ~£60 tickets then they couldn't headline the NME stage?

• 2 weeks later...

Friday:

Pendulum/Royal blood / You me at six / Enter shikari / Twin atlantic / Billy talent / Pvris / Against the current / Dead!

NME: Jamie t / Jake bugg / Blossoms / Rag'n'bone man

Dance: Zhu Pit: Killswitch engage FR: White lies 1xtra: Mixpak

Saturday:

Kings of leon / Catfish and the bottlemen / Stormzy / Haim / Foster the people / Rat boy / Moose blood / Modern baseball / Black peaks

NME: A day to remember / Brand new / Don broco / Neck deep

Dance: Craig davids ts5 Pit: While she sleeps FR: Circa waves 1xtra: Ty dolla sign

Sunday:

Muse / Prophets of rage / Weezer / Wolf alice / Architects / At the drive in / The hunna / Beartooth / Creeper

NME: The chainsmokers / Chance the rapper / Mgmt / Anderson .paak

Dance: Shy fx Lock up: Sum 41 FR: Peace 1xtra: Section boyz

7 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

Pendulum/Royal blood / You me at six / Enter shikari / Twin atlantic / Billy talent / Pvris / Against the current / Dead!

NME: Jamie t / Jake bugg / Blossoms / Rag'n'bone man

Dance: Zhu Pit: Killswitch engage FR: White lies 1xtra: Mixpak

Saturday:

Kings of leon / Catfish and the bottlemen / Stormzy / Haim / Foster the people / Rat boy / Moose blood / Modern baseball / Black peaks

NME: A day to remember / Brand new / Don broco / Neck deep

Dance: Craig davids ts5 Pit: While she sleeps FR: Circa waves 1xtra: Ty dolla sign

Sunday:

Muse / Prophets of rage / Weezer / Wolf alice / Architects / At the drive in / The hunna / Beartooth / Creeper

NME: The chainsmokers / Chance the rapper / Mgmt / Anderson .paak

Dance: Shy fx Lock up: Sum 41 FR: Peace 1xtra: Section boyz

there's no way Muse are still gonna be touring festivals for a third year on the run. are they even still touring now!?

MAIN STAGE: Paramore, Thirty Seconds To Mars, HAIM, Jimmy Eat World, Neck Deep, While She Sleeps, PVRIS, Moose Blood, Modern Life is War
NME: Skepta, Metronomy, White Lies, MØ, Drenge, American Football, Ezra Furman, Saint Raymond, Misty Miller, Scorcher, Muncie Girls
THE PIT: Glassjaw, Touché Amoré
DANCE STAGE: Nosia
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: British Sea Power 

MAIN STAGE: Kanye West, Major Lazer, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Architects, Blossoms, Modern Baseball, Against The Current, Vant
NME: Weezer, SBTRKT, Yelawolf, Django Django, Tove Lo, Jagwar Ma, The Sherlocks, Grouplove, Skott, Vukovi, et aliae 
THE PIT: letlive., Marmozets
DANCE STAGE: Andy C
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Swim Deep

MAIN STAGE: Bring Me The Horizon, Prophets of Rage, A Day To Remember, Brand New, Warpaint, Sum 41, The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, Pup
NME : Flume, Earl Sweatshirt, Glass Animals, Christine and the Queens, Young Fathers, Danny Brown, Honeyblood, Beach Slang, Black Foxxes, Baby Strange, MIST
LOCK UP: Fightstar, Four Year Strong
DANCE: Flux Pavillion
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Feeder

A lot of fun making this. Tried to keep it as realistic as I could, although I couldn't bring myself to shove You Me At Six in there, although I'm pretty confident they'll be on the bill somewhere. I'm fully in the camp of 'Royal Blood to whore themselves out next year, headlining R&L the following year as an exclusive'. Forgive the lack of 1xtra headliners too, not my thing so I don't even have a feasible guess. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

MAIN STAGE: Paramore, Thirty Seconds To Mars, HAIM, Jimmy Eat World, Neck Deep, While She Sleeps, PVRIS, Moose Blood, Modern Life is War
NME: Skepta, Metronomy, White Lies, MØ, Drenge, American Football, Ezra Furman, Saint Raymond, Misty Miller, Scorcher, Muncie Girls
THE PIT: Glassjaw, Touché Amoré
DANCE STAGE: Nosia
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: British Sea Power 

MAIN STAGE: Kanye West, Major Lazer, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Architects, Blossoms, Modern Baseball, Against The Current, Vant
NME: Weezer, SBTRKT, Yelawolf, Django Django, Tove Lo, Jagwar Ma, The Sherlocks, Grouplove, Skott, Vukovi, et aliae 
THE PIT: letlive., Marmozets
DANCE STAGE: Andy C
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Swim Deep

MAIN STAGE: Bring Me The Horizon, Prophets of Rage, A Day To Remember, Brand New, Warpaint, Sum 41, The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, Pup
NME : Flume, Earl Sweatshirt, Glass Animals, Christine and the Queens, Young Fathers, Danny Brown, Honeyblood, Beach Slang, Black Foxxes, Baby Strange, MIST
LOCK UP: Fightstar, Four Year Strong
DANCE: Flux Pavillion
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Feeder

A lot of fun making this. Tried to keep it as realistic as I could, although I couldn't bring myself to shove You Me At Six in there, although I'm pretty confident they'll be on the bill somewhere. I'm fully in the camp of 'Royal Blood to whore themselves out next year, headlining R&L the following year as an exclusive'. Forgive the lack of 1xtra headliners too, not my thing so I don't even have a feasible guess. 

A couple of big pullers for me there, but the rest of that is a bit meh for me. Would be happy to take a year away from Leeds as I'm planning on doing if that is the lineup

• 2 weeks later...
First Attempt, not too sure on some placings think some might be too low 

Main Stage - Kanye West - Bastille - Stormzy -Jimmy Eat World - Band of Skulls - Blossoms - We are the ocean - We were promised jetpacks
NME - Jamie T - Frightened Rabbit - Everything Everything - Sundara Karma - Michael Kiwanuka - Zibra - Joesph J Jones - Wildhood -Ngod - Bombay
Festival Republic - The Strypes

Main Stage - Kings of Leon - Catfish and the bottlemen - Two Door Cinema Club - The Kills - Cage The Elephant - Dorothy - Spring King - The Bulletproof Bomb
NME - Skepta - Foster Of The People - Miike Snow - Honne - Kurt Vile - Rag N Bone Man - Ghostpoet - Jagwar Ma - Formation - Spilt Milk Society
Festival Republic - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Main Stage - Royal Blood/Chase and Status (CO) - Twenty One Pilots - Twin Atlantic - Wolfmother - Kaleo - Vant - Black Pistol Fire
NME - Faithless - Slaves - White Lies - Clean Cut Kid - Oh Wonder - Kiko Bun - Louis Berry - Hooton Tennis Club - Lewis Del Mar - James cherry
Festival Republic - Mystery Jets

On 07/10/2016 at 9:29 PM, t101 said:
First Attempt, not too sure on some placings think some might be too low 

Main Stage - Kanye West - Bastille - Stormzy - Jimmy Eat World - Band of Skulls - Blossoms - We are the ocean - We were promised jetpacks
NME - Jamie T - Frightened Rabbit - Everything Everything - Sundara Karma - Michael Kiwanuka - Zibra - Joesph J Jones - Wildhood -Ngod - Bombay
Festival Republic - The Strypes

Main Stage - Kings of Leon - Catfish and the bottlemen - Two Door Cinema Club - The Kills - Cage The Elephant - Dorothy - Spring King - The Bulletproof Bomb
NME - Skepta - Foster Of The People - Miike Snow - Honne - Kurt Vile - Rag N Bone Man - Ghostpoet - Jagwar Ma - Formation - Spilt Milk Society
Festival Republic - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Main Stage - Royal Blood/Chase and Status (CO) - Twenty One Pilots - Twin Atlantic - Wolfmother - Kaleo - Vant - Black Pistol Fire
NME - Faithless - Slaves - White Lies - Clean Cut Kid - Oh Wonder - Kiko Bun - Louis Berry - Hooton Tennis Club - Lewis Del Mar - James cherry
Festival Republic - Mystery Jets

Some placing are a bit off, Stormzy won't be that high, that's the same spot that BBK got this year except they were under co-headliners.

Jimmy Eat World, Frightened Rabbit, CaTB, Skepta, Chase and Status, Twenty One Pilots all seem a little high and maybe a few others.

Two Door Cinema Club headlined NME last year and Melvin said he sees them as future headliners, next time they come back it's subs minimum.

Only real thing i can say about this is that there isn't a huge variety, main stage always has a couple of metal bands, a couple of pop punk bands, that just seems like indie overkill.

Main: Kasabian, Bastille, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Stormzy, The Pretty Reckless, The Wonder Years, Moose Blood, Creeper.

NME: Jamie T, Foster The People, The Hives.

Pit: Skindred.

FR: American Football

Main: Kanye West, Major Lazer, Weezer, HAIM, Brand New, Of Mice and Men, Mallory Knox, Beartooth, Black Peaks.

NME: A Day To Remember, Marmozets, New Found Glory.

Pit: Architects.

FR: Feeder

Main: Bring Me The Horizon, You Me At Six, Panic! At The Disco, Twin Atlantic, Circa Waves, Blossoms, The Hunna, Don Broco, Eliza and the Bear.

NME: Chase & Status, Slaves, Skepta.

Lock Up: Sum 41.

FR: The Fratellis

Edited by Gozpot

Bring Me The Horizon / A Day To Remember / You Me At Six / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / PVRIS / While She Sleeps / Black Peaks / Real Friends 

FLUME (closing set) / HAIM 

Against Me! / Touché Amoré

The Strokes (co-headline) / Royal Blood (co-headline) / Twenty One Pilots / Wolf Alice / Twin Atlantic / Moose Blood / Taking Back Sunday / Creeper / Milk Teeth 

Chase and Status / Stormzy 

letlive. / Marmozets

Kings Of Leon / Bastille / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Blossoms / Deaf Havana / Pulled Apart By Horses / Prides / VANT 

Brand New / Don Broco 

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside

Had a hard time deciding which way around ADTR and YMAS should go. ADTR's arena tour has sold pretty well so far, where as YMAS' academy tour supposedly hasn't sold too well. I know they will have a new album out soon and that they will be plugged to shit on the radio, but I think more people care about ADTR than YMAS now. And from a more selfish POV, ADTR are more deserving of the sub slot because they've got to where they are by staying ADTR, and not pandering to the Radio 1 crowd like YMAS have done over the past few years. 

Edited by Andre91

8 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Main: Kasabian, Bastille, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Stormzy, The Pretty Reckless, The Wonder Years, Moose Blood, Creeper.

NME: Jamie T, Foster The People, The Hives.

Pit: Skindred.

FR: American Football

Main: Kanye West, Major Lazer, Weezer, HAIM, Brand New, Of Mice and Men, Mallory Knox, Beartooth, Black Peaks.

NME: A Day To Remember, Marmozets, New Found Glory.

Pit: Architects.

FR: Feeder

Main: Bring Me The Horizon, You Me At Six, Panic! At The Disco, Twin Atlantic, Circa Waves, Blossoms, The Hunna, Don Broco, Eliza and the Bear.

NME: Chase & Status, Slaves, Skepta.

Lock Up: Sum 41.

FR: The Fratellis

Decent top 4 main Friday, decent top 3 NME Saturday with Weezer 3rd on main, good Sunday Lockup.

Friday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish and the bottlemen / Weezer / Brand new / Foster the people / Blossoms / The wonder years / Against the current / Black peaks

NME: Chase and status / Stormzy / White lies / Anderson .paak / Frightened rabbit

Dance: Zhu Pit: Killswitch engage FR: Feeder 1xtra: Ty dolla sign

Saturday:

Main: 
Kanye west / The chainsmokers / Jamie t / Wolf alice / The hives / Billy talent / Moose blood / Beartooth / Dead!

NME: A day to remember / Jimmy eat world / Don broco / Neck deep / Marmozets

Dance: Shy fx Pit: At the drive in FR: Circa waves 1xtra: Lethal bizzle

Sunday:

Main: 
Bring me the horizon/Royal blood / You me at six / Korn / Run the jewels / Architects / Pvris / Vant / Creeper

NME: Flume / Haim / James vincent mcmorrow / Rag'n'bone man / The hunna

Dance: Craig davids ts5 Lock up: Sum 41 FR: Peace 1xtra: Wretch 32 

1 hour ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish and the bottlemen / Weezer / Brand new / Foster the people / Blossoms / The wonder years / Against the current / Black peaks

NME: Chase and status / Stormzy / White lies / Anderson .paak / Frightened rabbit

Saturday:

Main: Kanye west
/ The chainsmokers / Jamie t / Wolf alice / The hives / Billy talent / Moose blood / Beartooth / Dead!

Sunday:

Main: Bring me the horizon/Royal blood
/ You me at six / Korn / Run the jewels / Architects / Pvris / Vant / Creeper

Think this seems like one of the more realistic predictions. Don't see Jamie T playing 3rd from top on main again though considering he did that spot in 2015, think it's more likely he'll be either bumped up to a sub or probably headline the NME stage. Also can't really see Korn playing, but it's possible.

46 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Think this seems like one of the more realistic predictions. Don't see Jamie T playing 3rd from top on main again though considering he did that spot in 2015, think it's more likely he'll be either bumped up to a sub or probably headline the NME stage. Also can't really see Korn playing, but it's possible.

I couldn't really think of anyone else to play that Jamie T slot. I was trying to think of indie bands who are mainstream enough to appeal to the Kanye/Chainsmokers crowd and he was the only one that came to mind

2 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Main: Kanye west / The chainsmokers / Jamie t / Wolf alice / The hives / Billy talent / Moose blood / Beartooth / Dead!

Sunday:

Main: Bring me the horizon/Royal blood / You me at six / Korn / Run the jewels / Architects / Pvris / Vant / Creeper

All around pretty good shout apart from a few placing, don't see Catfish subbing, they will headline NME or third main.

Brand New would probably be fifth, their cult fanbase wouldn't push them to fourth, especially with no new album coming this year.

Jamie T wouldn't play the same slot, it's be subbing main or headlining NME, Don Broco wouldn't be above Neck Deep or Marmozets,

Vant would be opening the main stage if they played it.

Also can't see Reading booking Weezer or Korn unfortunately.

READING FRIDAY/LEEDS SATURDAY
MAIN STAGE: Royal Blood, You Me At Six, A Day To Remember, Twin Atlantic, Steel Panther, Neck Deep, Modern Baseball, Against The Current, Creeper
NME/RADIO 1 STAGE: Flume, Stormzy

READING SATURDAY/LEEDS SUNDAY
MAIN STAGE: Kings of Leon, Bon Iver, Wolf Alice, Run the Jewels, While She Sleeps, Don Broco, Pvris, Beartooth, Vant
NME/RADIO 1 STAGE: Enter Shikari, Rise Against

READING SUNDAY/LEEDS FRIDAY
MAIN STAGE: Kasabian, Twenty One Pilots, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Peace, Warpaint, Blossoms, Fetty Wap, Parquet Courts, The Sherlocks
NME/RADIO 1 STAGE: Skepta, Rat Boy

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seeing as I was the only one without Kasabian on my prediction I've updated mine. Did a poster because I'd be basically writing out all the same names again. I'm not very good at Photoshop so don't laugh.

JZCibUP.png

I think this would be a very popular lineup, taking into account the current R&L demographic and the amount of big names. Would be more popular than the last 3 years imo. I know my group (19 year olds) would be pretty hyped about that, I'm not planning on going to Leeds this year but if that was the lineup I might be tempted.

Edited by dylangraham