The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

On 07/05/2016 at 11:26 AM, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Too Low: Wolf Alice (Should be fourth from top), You Me At Six (Should Sub), Marmozets (played that slot last year, with a new album they'll be probably 5th from top), Twin Atlantic (With a new album that does well will be 3rd down or NME Headliner), Sum 41 (Definitely would be above JEW)

Too High: Hinds (Opening Main Stage would even be a push), Neck Deep, BMTH (Would Co-Headline with the right band), Deftones, Architects, Band Of Skulls, Weezer, Jimmy Eat World. Also don't think that Skepta is big enough to headline NME on his own as last year BBK as a group headlined the Dance Tent, he isn't a big enough draw alone, would do the 1Xtra more likely than not, same with Stormzy.

Its unlikely but definitely wouldn't be impossible for skepta to headline, he's very popular with the mainstream audience right now, his new album is rivalling beyonces and drakes for the no.1 spot this week which has got to say something. 

Also feel with R+L having to probably throw a lot of money at foos to get them (over glasto) they would have to compromise with a smaller headliner like BMTH for one of the other days, cannot personally see the festival going for more coheadliners next year, and they probably would see it as a chance to bump another band up to headline status.

Agreed on everything else

Edited by meepmoop

On 08/05/2016 at 2:50 PM, meepmoop said:

Its unlikely but definitely wouldn't be impossible for skepta to headline, he's very popular with the mainstream audience right now, his new album is rivalling beyonces and drakes for the no.1 spot this week which has got to say something. 

Also feel with R+L having to probably throw a lot of money at foos to get them (over glasto) they would have to compromise with a smaller headliner like BMTH for one of the other days, cannot personally see the festival going for more coheadliners next year, and they probably would see it as a chance to bump another band up to headline status.

Agreed on everything else

Kasabian aren't exactly a huge headliner, If they had both Kasabian and BMTH as headliners there is no headliner they could book that would redeem that in my eyes. Skepta won't rise that much in a year that he will get to be as big a pull as the whole of BBK on his own. Stormzy has only had one major song released and a couple other songs that have done okay, together they could headline the NME, but it'd much more likely to be Skepta and JME than anything else. Don't see BMTH touring next year anyway, they wouldn't jump to headliner on the arse end of an album, it'll be with their next album. Still personally think it'll be Kasabian/Green Day/Muse to headline.

1 hour ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Kasabian aren't exactly a huge headliner, If they had both Kasabian and BMTH as headliners there is no headliner they could book that would redeem that in my eyes. Skepta won't rise that much in a year that he will get to be as big a pull as the whole of BBK on his own. Stormzy has only had one major song released and a couple other songs that have done okay, together they could headline the NME, but it'd much more likely to be Skepta and JME than anything else. Don't see BMTH touring next year anyway, they wouldn't jump to headliner on the arse end of an album, it'll be with their next album. Still personally think it'll be Kasabian/Green Day/Muse to headline.

Skepta and Stormzy headlining it together? They have nothing to do with each other... Am I misunderstanding?

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Skepta and Stormzy headlining it together? They have nothing to do with each other... Am I misunderstanding?

Stormzy has collaborated with several members of BBK in the past, wouldn't be surprised to see Stormzy and Skepta work together as two of the biggest names in grime at the moment

You're right, I assume ghost of eddie is under the impression Stormzy is part of BBK, easily done though to be fair.

Skepta and JME are pretty much the only guys in BBK the average person cares about so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for him to headline NME alone.

6 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

You're right, I assume ghost of eddie is under the impression Stormzy is part of BBK, easily done though to be fair.

Skepta and JME are pretty much the only guys in BBK the average person cares about so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for him to headline NME alone.

I know he isn't part of BBK, i just wouldn't be at all surprised if they did a song together or if Reading got them as a co-headline on the second stage or something stupid like that. Skepta could be NME headliner by next year, but it's too soon to tell, will need to see how this album goes and if the singles from it do well

On 07/05/2016 at 11:26 AM, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Too Low: Wolf Alice (Should be fourth from top), You Me At Six (Should Sub), Marmozets (played that slot last year, with a new album they'll be probably 5th from top), Twin Atlantic (With a new album that does well will be 3rd down or NME Headliner), Sum 41 (Definitely would be above JEW)

Too High: Hinds (Opening Main Stage would even be a push), Neck Deep, BMTH (Would Co-Headline with the right band), Deftones, Architects, Band Of Skulls, Weezer, Jimmy Eat World. Also don't think that Skepta is big enough to headline NME on his own as last year BBK as a group headlined the Dance Tent, he isn't a big enough draw alone, would do the 1Xtra more likely than not, same with Stormzy.

Maybe I'm out of touch but I always viewed JEW as a fairly big band, certainly bigger than Sum 41? Put Deftones as a sub as they're subbing download although I guess there's a different demographic

FRI/SAT

Radiohead

Royal Blood

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls

Metronomy

Don Broco

Blossoms

Pretty Viscious

The Sherlocks

DZ Deathrays

R1/NME – Enter Shakiri // Everything Everything // Blossoms

FR - Gerard Way

SAT/SUN

Foo Fighters

You Me At Six

Deftones

The Hives

Marmozets

Neck Deep

The Wonder Years

Creeper

Black Peaks

R1/NME – Catfish & The Bottlemen // White Lies // Temples

FR – The Horrors

SUN/FRI

Kasabian

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The Maccabees

Wolf Alice

Peace

Circa Waves

Ash

The Vryll Society

The Magic Gang

R1/NME – Twin Atlantic // Jimmy Eat World // Johnny Marr

FR - Drenge

4 hours ago, harry5573 said:

Maybe I'm out of touch but I always viewed JEW as a fairly big band, certainly bigger than Sum 41? Put Deftones as a sub as they're subbing download although I guess there's a different demographic

Sum 41 would play above JEW, they've just done better over the years in terms of charting and getting played on radio and tv, Deftones are subbing Download but that's their crowd, maybe they'd push Subs but i don't see it

23 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

FRI/SAT

Radiohead

Royal Blood

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls

Metronomy

Don Broco

Blossoms

Pretty Viscious

The Sherlocks

DZ Deathrays

R1/NME – Enter Shakiri // Everything Everything // Blossoms

FR - Gerard Way

SAT/SUN

Foo Fighters

You Me At Six

Deftones

The Hives

Marmozets

Neck Deep

The Wonder Years

Creeper

Black Peaks

R1/NME – Catfish & The Bottlemen // White Lies // Temples

FR – The Horrors

SUN/FRI

Kasabian

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

The Maccabees

Wolf Alice

Peace

Circa Waves

Ash

The Vryll Society

The Magic Gang

R1/NME – Twin Atlantic // Jimmy Eat World // Johnny Marr

FR - Drenge

Don't think it's entirely realistic because quite a few acts have been recently so it's unlikely they'd be back on the main stage but overall pretty good.

• 1 month later...

A next year thing

ALT-J, ROYAL BLOOD, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Brand New, Twin Atlantic, Neck Deep, Beartooth, Creeper
NME: Flume, Sbtrkt, Warpaint, The Hunna
FR: Don Broco

THE STROKES, Major Lazer, A Day to Remember, Wolf Alice, Architects, Blossoms, The Wonder Years, Deap Vally
NME: Slaves, Halsey, Earl Sweatshirt, MØ
FR: Young Fathers

SLIPKNOT, Prophets of Rage, Enter Shikari, Run the Jewels, Peace, Rat Boy, Pvris, Spring King, Black Peaks
NME: Stormzy, Charli XCX, Circa Waves, DMA's, Temples
FR: The Horrors

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

A next year thing

ALT-J, ROYAL BLOOD, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Brand New, Twin Atlantic, Neck Deep, Beartooth, Creeper
NME: Flume, Sbtrkt, Warpaint, The Hunna
FR: Don Broco

THE STROKES, Major Lazer, A Day to Remember, Wolf Alice, Architects, Blossoms, The Wonder Years, Deap Vally
NME: Slaves, Halsey, Earl Sweatshirt, MØ
FR: Young Fathers

SLIPKNOT, Prophets of Rage, Enter Shikari, Run the Jewels, Peace, Rat Boy, Pvris, Spring King, Black Peaks
NME: Stormzy, Charli XCX, Circa Waves, DMA's, Temples
FR: The Horrors

Don't think Twin Atlantic would be that low, and I'm not sure if Prophets of Rage will be touring till next Summer or even play a show outside the US. Seems like the groups is centred around these Presidential Elections.

8 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Don't think Twin Atlantic would be that low, and I'm not sure if Prophets of Rage will be touring till next Summer or even play a show outside the US. Seems like the groups is centred around these Presidential Elections.

Probably right about Twin Atlantic. It gets confusing trying to predict around coheadliners.

I think Prophets of Rage will stick around and scoop some paychecks though - seems daft not to.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Probably right about Twin Atlantic. It gets confusing trying to predict around coheadliners.

I think Prophets of Rage will stick around and scoop some paychecks though - seems daft not to.

That's a decent lineup, Dental. I'd be happy with it. I'd love to see Prophets of Rage make an appearance, but if they're available in sure Download would throw a load of money at them too. 

Heres my attempt: 

Royal Blood / You Me At Six / Wolf Alice / Twin Atlantic / Marmozets / Band Of Skulls / Moose Blood / Black Peaks / Milk Teeth 

Major Lazer / SBTRKT

Sum 41 / Four Year Strong 

Kasabian / Catfish and The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Metronomy / Peace / Pulled Apart By Horses / Manchester Orchestra / Ratboy / VANT 

Brand New / Don Broco

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside

Green Day / A Day To Remember / Weezer / Architects / Neck Deep / While She Sleeps / PVRIS / Beartooth / Creeper 

Years & Years / Charlie XCX

letlive. / Every Time I Die

But R+L and Download won't be competing for bookings anymore will they? Both the same company - Melvin is Copping's boss, right?

Onto your lineup, it'd be pretty strong (tho not for my preferences). That Sunday would shit tickets. 

Major Lazer would be way too big for NME headline nowadays, and probably same for Years & Years by next year.

Sum-41 not playing this year when they're only touring Europe in August is pretty damning for their future chances.

Also PABH are very high up considering their slot this year is FR sub - would also say Marmozets and While She Sleeps particularly stand out as being too high up. Rat Boy seem(s?) a bit low down too, and I think Metronomy would be above RTJ in that bill. But yeah, they're mostly fairer slots than I've dished out on mine - ADTR subbing I could see, though maybe they'd be pushed at Download first.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But R+L and Download won't be competing for bookings anymore will they? Both the same company - Melvin is Copping's boss, right?

Onto your lineup, it'd be pretty strong (tho not for my preferences). That Sunday would shit tickets. 

Major Lazer would be way too big for NME headline nowadays, and probably same for Years & Years by next year.

Sum-41 not playing this year when they're only touring Europe in August is pretty damning for their future chances.

Also PABH are very high up considering their slot this year is FR sub - would also say Marmozets and While She Sleeps particularly stand out as being too high up. Rat Boy seem(s?) a bit low down too, and I think Metronomy would be above RTJ in that bill. But yeah, they're mostly fairer slots than I've dished out on mine - ADTR subbing I could see, though maybe they'd be pushed at Download first.

I never thought of that, actually. Who knows! If Prophets of Rage do come over, I'm sure they will be at one of the two. 

Im not sure about Major Lazer. I'd have thought Jack Ü might be too big for NME headline but they're doing that slot this year. Could possibly have Flume headlining instead due to the big shows they've got planned. 

Sum 41 are bringing a new album out this year, so I would expect them to be doing the rounds next summer. Pulling double duty like JEW the other year would be a decent shout I think. Maybe they might have held off booking them this year to see how Deryck held up after his recovery? 

And yeah I toyed with swapping PABH and Manchester Orchestra around. Marmozets and WSS is a fair observation, but if they both have new albums I wouldn't be too surprised to see them in those slots. Could have PVRIS above WSS, because I'm expecting their popularity to just boom even more so when they get a second album out. 

ADTR subbing is something I am expecting, with the new album coming out in August and an expected arena tour for the spring I think it would be a perfect slot for them, especially under someone as strong as Green Day. Oh, and as for the Sunday, I would absolutely love it if it turned out like that :lol: 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I never thought of that, actually. Who knows! If Prophets of Rage do come over, I'm sure they will be at one of the two. 

Im not sure about Major Lazer. I'd have thought Jack Ü might be too big for NME headline but they're doing that slot this year. Could possibly have Flume headlining instead due to the big shows they've got planned. 

Sum 41 are bringing a new album out this year, so I would expect them to be doing the rounds next summer. Pulling double duty like JEW the other year would be a decent shout I think. Maybe they might have held off booking them this year to see how Deryck held up after his recovery? 

And yeah I toyed with swapping PABH and Manchester Orchestra around. Marmozets and WSS is a fair observation, but if they both have new albums I wouldn't be too surprised to see them in those slots. Could have PVRIS above WSS, because I'm expecting their popularity to just boom even more so when they get a second album out. 

ADTR subbing is something I am expecting, with the new album coming out in August and an expected arena tour for the spring I think it would be a perfect slot for them, especially under someone as strong as Green Day. Oh, and as for the Sunday, I would absolutely love it if it turned out like that :lol: 

I think the ADTR subbing could happen and if huntyy knows anything about BMTH it could well be under them. As for the lineups overall....that top two Lockup I doubt will happen and you might have actually edged this years Friday slightly. Sunday run with Green Day not playing is decent at the top. Saturday after top 2/maybe 3 forget it. There could be a couple of days worth £60 but not close to £200 for the weekend.....they can shove it charging £30 to camp based on a weekend ticket too.

Friday:

Kasabian / Bastille / Run the jewels / Wolf alice / Circa waves / Pvris / Lonely the brave / Creeper / Being as an ocean

NME: Enter shikari / Don broco

Saturday:

Green day / Pendulum / A day to remember / Twin atlantic / Mallory knox / Neck deep / Moose blood / Set it off / Milk teeth

NME: Jake bugg / Peace

Sunday:

Royal blood / You me at six / Catfish and the bottlemen / Architects / Sum 41 / Blossoms / Rat boy / Beartooth / Black peaks

NME: Flume / Charli xcx

Kasabian / Bastille / Run the jewels / Wolf alice / Circa waves / Pvris / Lonely the brave / Creeper / Being as an ocean

NME: Enter shikari / Don broco

Saturday:

Green day / Pendulum / A day to remember / Twin atlantic / Mallory knox / Neck deep / Moose blood / Set it off / Milk teeth

NME: Jake bugg / Peace

Sunday:

Royal blood / You me at six / Catfish and the bottlemen / Architects / Sum 41 / Blossoms / Rat boy / Beartooth / Black peaks

NME: Flume / Charli xcx

Decent shout, seems like one of the most realistic predictions out there.

Edit -  Sorry @Shaun182 I was meant to quote you on this

Edited by dylangraham
  • Upvote 1

I'm expecting Pendulum to announce a UK arena tour relatively soon, followed by some UK festival dates next summer. This summer was perhaps too soon for them - I believe the Ultra set in March was the final exercise to see the extent of which they've solved the many technical issues that have plagued their live shows over the years - a test which appeared to be successful.

I think Pendulum would headline if they played, but should R&L be interested, they'd face competition for all the major UK fests. I can envisage them headlining Other Stage at Glastonbury, headlining at T, R&L, Creamfields, maybe even Download? That certainly would satisfy those wishing for a less predictable Download headliner.

Edited by JSmurphy