BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't quite work out who they are tying to appeal with that lineup? Seems odd, very odd!

I can see people being intrested at the right price 40/50 quid maybe....but 60/70 quid? I can't see it selling well.

Think I'll wait for the 2 4 1 offer :P.

I don't get AEGs plan for BST, it seems apart from the Stones their not that bothered about selling out? :P Maybe going for higher prices to attract a more middle class crowd who spend more while there? But then would something like this really appeal?

Edited by LondonTom

Tickets are £55 + booking fee so it works out withh everything to be about £62 a ticket - think it will struggle to sell at that price.

edit: source - http://www.seetickets.com/event/the-libertines/hyde-park/788144

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

£40 would have been a steal for it tbh!!!

I know its not much difference but £62 in total makes me think twice...not as bad I thought it would be though. Still might wait to see if it does struggle and if they put offers on etc.

The undercard just doesn't impress me that much I think.

Edited by LondonTom

£40 would have been a steal for it tbh!!!

I know its not much difference but £62 in total makes me think twice...not as bad I thought it would be though. Still might wait to see if it does struggle and if they put offers on etc.

The undercard just doesn't impress me that much I think.

Looking through the rest of the line up for this I can't help thinking that someone in an office somewhere was thumbing through a few copies of NME from about 2007, I guess the one real shock is that Hard Fi aren't playing.

Some absolute dross playing and make no mistake, lets just hope that the Libertines put a bit of time into rehearsing for the show - a bit gutted that I can't go but I'll be at Blissfields so not overly fussed.

Looking through the rest of the line up for this I can't help thinking that someone in an office somewhere was thumbing through a few copies of NME from about 2007, I guess the one real shock is that Hard Fi aren't playing.

Some absolute dross playing and make no mistake, lets just hope that the Libertines put a bit of time into rehearsing for the show - a bit gutted that I can't go but I'll be at Blissfields so not overly fussed.

Yeah I completely get that they have to cater for a certain demographic but they have basically picked a load of acts that even at the height of their popularity were never massive, I have never met anyone that likes Reverand and the Makers, The Twang or The View, Maximo Park are a spent force and are really only trading off of one album. It just strikes me as a really odd supporting line up to me and not one that will shift tickets in huge volumes.

Yeah I completely get that they have to cater for a certain demographic but they have basically picked a load of acts that even at the height of their popularity were never massive, I have never met anyone that likes Reverand and the Makers, The Twang or The View, Maximo Park are a spent force and are really only trading off of one album. It just strikes me as a really odd supporting line up to me and not one that will shift tickets in huge volumes.

Edited by cwaite123

Suppose they just decided to stick to the demographic and get whoever was available, not all acts popular in the 00s will still be touring, plus the ones that are touring and maybe seen as more popular will probably have wanted more money - which they spent a load on in just getting the libertines to play - or are booked up elsewhere.

Two names that spring to mind that could have been suitable and may help shift more tickets would have been Franz Ferdinand or Kasier Chiefs, both of which are booked up that weekend.

Yeah there are a number of bands who had moderate success around that time that maybe would have elevated the bill a bit, looks like they blew their wad on the Libs though, I'm sure anyone that goes will be going just to see the Libertines anyway, anyone else that tickles your fancy on the day is an extra bonus in many respects.