BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my ticket this morning.

Only going for the Libertines, who still owe me for their 2004 Glastonbury festival canceled slot! Saw them in Bristol over a decade ago so no idea how they will go down live in such a big (outdoor) venue.

The rest of the lineup looks like a great money saver for the boys...

Would love to see Weller added to the lineup. Coxon would be nice as well.

Spiritualized are amazing, but no idea how they will go down with the type of crowd that will be there.

Anyway, i'm there for the Libs and i'm going to have a great day in the sun (yes the sun!).

See you all there :bye:

Shit, was it actually tough to get tickets to this this morning?

I imagine Biffy's exclusivity would probably rule them out. I imagine IOW will have got them to agree to no big UK shows as acts doing that has been a problem of theirs. Still don't think it'll be a big festival headliner type act next up but we'll have to wait and see.

Does it look like spiritualized are going to be on the mainstage?

I know it would be kinda shit (spiritualized outdoors in the daylight) but a spiritualized/libs clash would be awful for me, if I'm paying 60 quid I'd like to see both, otherwise probably won't get a ticket.

I'm afraid all this talk of seeing bands on the second stage may be academic, as when I went to see the Stones last year I thought I would check out Public Service Broadcasting on the second stage tent. The tent is f'ing tiny and there was a huge queue outside and 'one in, one out'! So, I would recommend checking this out beforehand. Hopefully they've made changes since last year and increased the capacity. If not, make sure you get there early! I am going to the Sabbath day and want to see Wolfmother, but it is not clear yet whether they are going to be on main stage openers or second stage headliners, so I'm keeping an eye on this!