West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Byrne & St. Vincent it has to be! Maybe they could bring Tom Tom Club back too and... You know?

I was gutted David Byrne & St. Vincent didn't play last year I'd love them to play.

Been watching Jools Holland recently did anyone see Gary Clarke Jr? I dunno if west holts is the best stage for him though...

Ok, west Holts organisers, I hope you're paying attention!

Osibisa would be my main want. saw them play a small jazz club in london a few months back and they were amazing, Wendell Richardson back on guitar for the first time in 40 odd years too! (and I wouldn't even have known about it if i hadn't bought a subscription to songlines festival while buying dub colossus's album in west holts this year!)

Jimmy Cliff would be great, his latest album is one of the best things he's ever done and he's also got enough classics to get everyone singing along.

Some kind of Kuti contingent, either Femi or Seun (or both, like when the Marley Brothers played). Or Tony Allen.

Thomas Mapfumo, The Lion of Zimbabwe would be amazing, never seen him live but I've heard excellent reports.

Tedeschi Trucks Band for the Blues heads, Midnight In Harlem would sound fantastic in West Holts.

Richard Thompson would be good (although possibly more suited to headlining the acoustic stage)

Easy Star All Stars are touring Dub Side Of The Moon for it's 10th anniversary next year, it'd be good to have them back again.

oh, and Toots is always welcome!

Grandaddy,

World Party,

Fossil Collective

Grandaddy.....they're back again, aren't they? remember seeing them in '03 on Other Stage...they finished up saying it'd been the greatest gig of their lives and i think they split within a month or so of that.

World Party..ahh...Wembley Stadium June 12, 1987...opening the proceedings on one of my favourite music days ever

Edited by tevaburger

World Party..ahh...Wembley Stadium June 12, 1987...opening the proceedings on one of my favourite music days ever

U2, not so shabby I suppose...

WP are bloody brilliant now though, U2, not so sure,,

Edited by jeffie

Tinariwen would be great as a headliner or sub headliner. Not sure if they've played in the last year or two though

I agree, although are all the band together? I'd heard that a guitarist had been captured in Mali, although a search shows they're touring Europe in Spring next year.

Ah yes indeed. I did so a few posts later.

Never going to happen though.

I've asked him to play at our post-wedding bash in February, so if he turns up, I'll see if he can also pop along to Somerset in June.

I agree, although are all the band together? I'd heard that a guitarist had been captured in Mali, although a search shows they're touring Europe in Spring next year.

Tinariwen aren't so much a group in the traditional sense as a collective, so it's quite often different musicians whenever they play.

They're not a WH headliner though by any stretch.

I see Dumpstaphunk are touring with Easy Star All Stars at present - maybe both will be in Europe next summer.

Also on the line-up at Bluesfest in Australia and hopefully heading to Europe next year and I'd like to see at Glastonbury are Captain Beefheart, Bookerr T (great a few years ago at WOMAD), Beth Hart, John Mayer, The Wailers, Grandmothers Of Invention, Michael Franti & Spearhead Erykah Badu, Dave Matthews, Iron & Wine, Morcheeba, Dr John, Steve Earle, Devendra Barnhart, Buddy Guy, and Eric Bibb