Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I have been stalking this forum for a while since I decided that I would be going to Rock Werchter for the first time this year. I have a few questions that I hope one of you seasoned pros will be able to answer for me. Firstly are all the camping sites within reasonable walking distance to the main arena? I also have questions around the food and drink tokens, most importantly what are the usual prices for a beer in tokens? What are the kinds of prices for food there? Does the token system work well? Can we have stoves/BBQs in the campsites? Also what time does the music usually finish and is there any after hours activities to partake in?

Sorry for the long post and all the questions. Thanks in advance.

Where are you from? Because, as thetime has pointed out, the train/coach are easily the cheapest - the train is a bit more expensive though. I've looked and from the UK you can get a return ticket on Megabus coaches from London - Brussels for £11. Eurolines is another great coach company that travels all over Europe and constantly have low fares (not as low as Megabus though). I hope this kind of answers your question?

Florence would be ok but I personally wouldn't want her as a sub. In 2012 see was third down and that was ok I thought. And Linkin Part or Nationals, god* please NO! The National in Milano last summer is easily the worst show I've ever been to....and Linkin Park, well, that's probably the worst band I've ever heard!

*God = Lemmy Kilmister the GOD of Rock'n'Roll :P

Band's I'd like to see added to the lineup...not all of them, but maybe four or five of them:

Tenacious D

Weezer

Bush

Dave Mathews Band

Biffy Clyro

The Offspring(playing Groezrock in May so unlikely)

Soundgarden(playing Graspop the weekend before so very unlikely)

Volbeat(playing Graspop the weekend before so very unlikely)

Bad Religion

Queens of the Stone Age

Nine Inch Nails

Mastodon(only available on Saturday)

Alice in Chains(only available on Saturday)

Steel Panter(more of a Graspop kind of a band but still great fun to watch)

Neil Young

The Prodigy

Foo Fighters(Blur played after KoL last year so why not FF now?)

...and probably some others I can't think of right now...