Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're entitled to complain if we want to haha.

There are a lot of bands there that I haven't yet seen (PJ, Metallica, Placebo to name a few) so I am pretty much still sold on the idea of going. It's just that new announcement leading with Imagine Dragons is a bit of a let down. :P

I think we're entitled to complain if we want to haha.

There are a lot of bands there that I haven't yet seen (PJ, Metallica, Placebo to name a few) so I am pretty much still sold on the idea of going. It's just that new announcement leading with Imagine Dragons is a bit of a let down. :P

This is spot on in my opinion... i think the new announcement isn't brilliant but on the same hand i think it was just to announce imagine dragons as they self confirmed! Think there's some ones to announce but they are waiting, still confident about a brilliant lineup :)

Yeah I'm not worried myself either - as someone has mentioned earlier on, Nick Cave didn't get announced until the back end of March so it's not like they'll have run out of great announcements. I reckon we'll get another announcement early next week, doubt they'll be another this week.

I agree, i think there's so many big slots left on the main stage for Fri/sat/sun and in the barn on Thurs and plenty of other slots too :)

I reckon there will be another little batch announced this or next week followed by stage splits. Then a bit of a wait and another announcement in March

Usually it's a big batch in the second half of January and a big batch in the first half of February, then smaller announcements between end of February and first half of April. I figure we've already got parts of that batch this and last week, so I'm guessing 7-8 more names next week and then another 15 names batch halfway February.

No Baauer in KluB C btw, he's doing Dour.

KingKen - It's difficult if you have seen them a lot of years ago and they were full of energy and a desire to play that radiated brightly from them. They looked like they loved playing. Last year was just going through the motions - bit like listening to a CD. They're not actually that bad but not a patch on what i have seen them in the earlier days. Once you know what they can be like it's disappointing when they don't put the effort in.

what about avenged sevenfold? they seem ok?

KingKen - It's difficult if you have seen them a lot of years ago and they were full of energy and a desire to play that radiated brightly from them. They looked like they loved playing. Last year was just going through the motions - bit like listening to a CD. They're not actually that bad but not a patch on what i have seen them in the earlier days. Once you know what they can be like it's disappointing when they don't put the effort in.

what about avenged sevenfold? they seem ok?

Edited by foolee

I personally think switching Imagine Dragons and Foals would be a safer guess. ID is a succes at the moment, scored some (mainstream) radio hits, Foals is more popular among the alternative crowd and suits a tent better. But ofcourse it might still depend on the band's preferences.

Just a little prediction now we've had another announcement: (expecting another next week)

Thurs

Main: Skrillex / Metallica / Placebo / Kaiser Chiefs / Dropkick Murphys / The Opposites / Flogging Molly

Klub C: Klangkarussel / Fuck Buttons / Gesaffelstein / Jagwa Ma

Barn: Interpol / Selah Sue / Bastille / Bombay Bicycle Club / The 1975

Fri

Main: Major Lazor / Arctic Monkeys / Kasabian / Ed Sheeran / Wiz Khalifa / Foster The People / Bring Me The Horizon

Klub C: Kavinsky / SBTRKT / Chvches / Bakermat / Royal Blood

Barn: Ellie Goulding / Jack Johnson / Crystal Fighters / Miles Kane / The Naked And Famous / Circa Waves

Sat

Main: Pearl Jam / The Black Keys / Weezer / Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / Triggerfinger / Imagine Dragons

Klub C: Royksopp & Robyn / Disclosure / Chance The Rapper / John Newman

Barn: Pixies / Foals / Warpaint / Agnes Obel / London Grammar / Blood Red Shoes

Sun

Main: Kings Of Leon / Florence & The Machine / Jack White / Limp Bizkit / White Lies / Babyshambles / The Wombats

Klub C: Rudimental / Metronomy / Birdy / Polica

Barn: Stromae / Franz Ferdinand / MGMT / Passenger / Temples / Savages

Just a little prediction now we've had another announcement: (expecting another next week)

Sat

Main: Pearl Jam / The Black Keys / Weezer / Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / Triggerfinger / Imagine Dragons

Klub C: Royksopp & Robyn / Disclosure / Chance The Rapper / John Newman

Barn: Pixies / Foals / Warpaint / Agnes Obel / London Grammar / Blood Red Shoes

Hey guys! :hi:

It will be my first RW this year and I have a question about the different stages: is it easy to change from barn to main and the other way? How long will it take? Something like Pearl Jam vs. Foals or Stromae/FF vs. KOL would be worst case for me. If there are any Germans here, you could compare to Rock am Ring or Hurricane?

Thanks a lot! :bye:

Weezer would be so great! But I think they won't leave the USA ...

Hey guys! :hi:

It will be my first RW this year and I have a question about the different stages: is it easy to change from barn to main and the other way? How long will it take? Something like Pearl Jam vs. Foals or Stromae/FF vs. KOL would be worst case for me. If there are any Germans here, you could compare to Rock am Ring or Hurricane?

Thanks a lot! :bye:

Weezer would be so great! But I think they won't leave the USA ...