Who's not going to see the Stones?

Guest Sketchead

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i were going i would have to try make my mind up between Public enemy, chase and status, fuck button and hurts. I like the rolling stones but I'd much rather see them at their own gig with the people who actually love them because the atmosphere at glasto will be a bit flat

No interest whatsoever in seeing them. Their tour seems to consist of massively overpriced tickets, dull, ageing celeb types more concerned with being seen to have a good time there and anyone who they can convince to get up on stage with them for a cheap pop. Just wouldn't sit well with my conscience. Plus I don't think I've forgiven them for taking up half the budget seemingly. They might have been cutting edge once but now they're more middle of the road than bloody Coldplay.

I'm planning on getting really drunk and going for a Beatles love in.

At the minute, the only reason to see the Stones that I can think of, is because I'm vaguely curious to see what the mechanical Phoenix thing on top of the Pyramid will do when it's fired up and working. I mentioned this to the Missus but she seemed to think that two and a half hours waiting for a bird sculpture to do something was a bit of a waste of time. I think she's probably right.

Hurts if I get my way. Sly and the Family Stone if she gets hers. Most probably a bit of both, as they're not exactly miles apart.

My wifes put her foot down about seeing Chase and Status, only band she really wants to see all weekend so cant complain. So It'll be 30-45 minutes of the Stones, Paint it Black and Gimme Shelter are two of my faves so I'll walk away from them a happy man anyway.

The Stones do nothing for me and my friends say ''Yeah but its The Stones,you must go and see them''

Bollocks to that,watch a band I don't even like a quarter of a mile away.