Keeping it clean... showering at Glasto

Guest lockergr

Greetings everyone!

In an effort to avoid serious stank can someone please dish on the deets on showering at Glasto? I did a thread search and I came up with the fact that showering can be really hard because of queues, but how long are they really? What are the exact times to avoid? Obviously I'm coming to hear the music, so I have to either shower in the morning (early afternoon) or once the night ends (after the headliners and a bit of fun). I heard talk of them doubling as a restroom :startle: and being nasty in general. Should I opt for shower wipes and the No Rinse line of products (moisturizing body wash, shampoo and conditioner) or can I realistically expect to be able to shower once or twice?

If anyone has not seen these No Rinse products here is a link and then you can just search for each product, and I recommend the moisturizing version of the body wash of you decide to go this route. Look for the 2oz. sizes if you can find them. http://www.amazon.com/No-Rinse-Products-Shampoo-oz/dp/B0045E9LS4/ref=sr_1_2?srs=2597463011&ie=UTF8&qid=1369004176&sr=8-2&keywords=No+Rinse+shampoo+2+oz

And I also found these shower wipes that were super well rated and not smelly (if you are sensitive to fragrances like I am). http://www.rei.com/product/730067/adventure-medical-kits-fresh-bath-wipes

Okay, thanks and I really appreciate all the people who post answers on this forum, answers to my questions have helped me learn a great deal already!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the ALMIGHTY wet wipe... a mainstay of EVERY pack list I've seen. They say to bring LOADS--what does that mean when you are carrying everything in on your back? How many is enough? And should I just get the showering sort (more expensive) listed above, or do you need them for other non-body sorts of things? I just don't know what to plan for.

Oh and ladies, there is also dry shampoo which I forgot about. Some are sprays, others powders. They can give you another day without showering when things get greasy. I have this one and love that it is unscented, but it is a powder so it can leave your roots looking a bit white unless you really comb it well.

http://www.elle.com/beauty/hair/best-dry-shampoo#slide-2

My friend with beautiful hair swears by this one: http://www.elle.com/beauty/hair/best-dry-shampoo#slide-3

Edited by lockergr

i always have a shower about half way thru (arrived on weds) the queues are bad at peak times so try and avoid ( go super early! As i don't think they are open 24 hrs. When you get there they give you bio soap as i recall.

In between, I'll normally have a bucket wash in my tent to "freshen up"

The showers near the kids filed you can use whatever products you like

The green peace showers provide you with free organic products

No excuse not to keep clean! Worst times are first thing in a morning

Op: just be aware the companies know there is lots of money to made from festival goers, they take advantage...

Cheap baby wipes will be 99% the same as the fancy shower wipes and will clean your face and everything. Washing hair in a bowl of water is so very easy, don't try and do it at the toilet sinks as they're not for that. After that teeth cleaning is easy.

A bowl, travel towel, soapy stuff and a water carrier all sorted

Lidl have got solar shower bags on offer for £3.99! All u do is fill them with water and leave them out in the sun all for a few hours. They have a little shower nozzle on the bottom so you can hold them up (or get someone to do it for you) and shower away. We are going to take 3 but we are in the cv field and have a pop up loo/ shower tent.

Fill shower bag up on day one - leave outside tent. Then grab a sponge - bikini/trunks and splash the water, lather down with biodegradable shower gel (available from camping shop or body shop) - rinse and done - hair wash easy (biodegradable shampoo also available from body shop) - and extra wet wipes/lady wipes around the sensitive regions and happy days - no queueing and fresh as a daisy (ish)

:good:Haha, some interesting suggestions. Love the idea about hand sanitizer on the baby wipes to kill B.O.!

Sounds like most of you are driving in. Since I am coming from the US and have to fit everything I take into one hiking backpack, things like buckets, bowls, stoves and portable showers are unreachable luxuries. How would I even get water to the camp area? Lifting water is misery. Maybe buying a shower bag there is possible, but are you so busy that there isn't time to think about all this? But thanks for the tip on the no-rinse products. I figured they would not be ideal, but I planned to chase them with a bottle of water. Should work. We shall see. I will just plan on hitting the showers and hope for the best.

I just grab a big bottle and fill it up every morning, have a biodegradable hair wash by the tent.. thats usually enough to make me feel clean.. have used the greenpeace showers in the past and theyve been ace.. queued for a while but not too long.. dont they have an allotted time ticket system now so you dont wait around too long?

We took a small inflatable paddling pool (like ones for the kids). Few litres of water. Pop in tent entrance for a while and it warms up in the sun. Then had a wash of hair, pits and bits. (That order seems safest!). The missus managed a full wash whilst 8 months pregnant. Nearly killed a few passers by though.

Edited by semmtexx