Keeping it clean... showering at Glasto

Guest lockergr

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 days without a shower isn't that difficult really, especially if you use wetwipes to certain danger zones in the morning!

Unless you've fallen in mud or whatever I cant understand why anyone would queue up for hours to get a shower - does it really make that much difference to your day? Change of clothes, deodorant, wet wipes and nobody will be able to tell/smell the difference (not that they care anyway)

• 3 weeks later...

Could anybody tell me if the Greenpeace showers are individual with doors or something? I seem to remember walking past them and it just being a long tunnel full of wet, naked people, this was around 2004 or so, so has probably changed. I'm shy you see, but like to keep a clean ship.

Could anybody tell me if the Greenpeace showers are individual with doors or something? I seem to remember walking past them and it just being a long tunnel full of wet, naked people, this was around 2004 or so, so has probably changed. I'm shy you see, but like to keep a clean ship.

My last 2 penneths worth on this subject is this-

Say hypothetically washing at taps was outlawed, the insufficient provision of alternatives/inadequate numbers of showers for the numbers would very quickly become apparent.

This theory that you move the problem elsewhere is fundamentally flawed on a dry year, the campsites would be an absolute mess and then people would moan about that and there would still be a lake at the taps I guarantee from all the other run off

What did everyone do before posh camping and solar showers ? Either at the tap or not at all and many of us don't see the point in not washing out of some pure experience ethos. I'm sure the head honchos would prefer it was limited to the tap area or else this thread just highlights if there were more showers in different places we wouldn't do it at tap. I don't do it to look clean I wash everyday to feel good, it would surprise many to know the volume of people washing at taps it seems here, it's going on everywhere. To chuck water all over the site is ridiculous

I had a shower in the greenfields every day and would recommend it. There's something uplifting about showering under the sun with the breeze hitting you. On Saturday it was hot enough for me to wash my (very long) hair and let it dry in the sun - it was dry within the hour!

The lovely greenpeace people hand you a ticket when you arrive and give you a rough estimate of how long you have to wait. I would head down around 10am most days and the longest wait I had was about an hour. Plenty of time to go get some organic granola and a smoothie and do some people watching!

• 4 weeks later...

Had my first festival shower after 10 years of festivals at G this year.

Saturday morning at the greenpeace fields. And it was that good, I went back on the Sunday! No time wasting - Sunday we were straight in about half 9. Saturday we got a ticket, grabbed some breakfast at the Fluffy Rock cafe and had a read of the paper.

Everyone lets it all hang out - but I'm sure nobody would begrudge people wearing swim shorts. I was going to, got under the shower then just thought "fuck it"!