Download 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a pretty neat line-up Andre; some pretty good choices, loving that Tool/NIN/Iggy run. It's given me a few ideas for my prediction, what do you all think?

Friday

Main: Linkin Park // Paramore // Bring Me the Horizon // Rise Against // All Time Low // New Found Glory // While She Sleeps // Marmozets

2nd: Placebo // Brand New // Skindred // Coheed and Cambria // Falling in Reverse // Gojira

3rd: Apocalyptica

Saturday

Main: Pearl Jam // The Smashing Pumpkins // Jane's Addiction // Frank Turner // Sepultura // Scars on Broadway // Mudhoney // Pulled Apart by Horses

2nd: Slayer // Lamb of God // Black Label Society // DevilDriver // Meshuggah // Gallows

3rd: The All-American Rejects

Sunday

Main: Avenged Sevenfold // Deftones // Alter Bridge // Dream Theater // Killswitch Engage // Black Veil Brides // Drowning Pool // I Divide

2nd: ZZ Top // Trivium // Anthrax // Pierce the Veil // Mindless Self Indulgence // Funeral for a Friend

3rd: Bush

I think that would convert me to a Download-goer.

Edited by Dead throne

Friday Main

Tool/ Machine Head/Bring me the horizon/ Disturbed/ architects

Second stage

Paramore/Fall Out Boy/All Time Low/Black Veil brides/ Good Charlotte/Mallory Knox

Saturday Main

Bullet for My valentine/ Avenged Sevenfold/Limp Bizkit/Korn

Second Stage

Skrillex/The Prodigy/Papa Roach/Children of Bodom

Sunday Main

Queen w Adam Lambert/ Alterbridge/Dream Theater/Steel Panther

Second Stage

Within Temptation/Nickleback/

I thought the Queen/Adam Lambert thing was just something they were doing that particular year, it isn't an ongoing thing is it?

Anyway it's completely unsuited to Download.

Also some of your placings are completely shot, The Prodigy headlined last year so why would they play so low next year?

Edited by mrtourette

Friday Main

Tool/ Machine Head/Bring me the horizon/ Disturbed/ architects

Second stage

Paramore/Fall Out Boy/All Time Low/Black Veil brides/ Good Charlotte/Mallory Knox

Saturday Main

Bullet for My valentine/ Avenged Sevenfold/Limp Bizkit/Korn

Second Stage

Skrillex/The Prodigy/Papa Roach/Children of Bodom

Sunday Main

Queen w Adam Lambert/ Alterbridge/Dream Theater/Steel Panther

Second Stage

Within Temptation/Nickleback/

A note on Pearl Jam:

I'm a huge PJ fan but I'm not sure they'd go down too well at Download. Don't get me wrong, they'd be brilliant, they always are, but the band don't particularly like playing hard rock/metal festivals after Roskilde and will play a lot of lower tempo tracks in with their faster stuff to ensure the crowd doesn't get out of hand. I can hear the cries of 'boring' in forums all over the internet already. It's not boring, a lot of it is brilliant but it doesn't quite fit with the music you'd usually associate with a Download headliner act so I can either see them being avoided as a booking or criticised afterwards, both of which would be a massive shame.

download isnt about like having slayer play every year or the like. Its branching out as Andy Copping has said in many interviews. Its just a rough idea of what i personally would like jeez

A note on Pearl Jam:

I'm a huge PJ fan but I'm not sure they'd go down too well at Download. Don't get me wrong, they'd be brilliant, they always are, but the band don't particularly like playing hard rock/metal festivals after Roskilde and will play a lot of lower tempo tracks in with their faster stuff to ensure the crowd doesn't get out of hand. I can hear the cries of 'boring' in forums all over the internet already. It's not boring, a lot of it is brilliant but it doesn't quite fit with the music you'd usually associate with a Download headliner act so I can either see them being avoided as a booking or criticised afterwards, both of which would be a massive shame.

A note on Pearl Jam:

I've gone for it.

Avenged Sevenfold

Deftones

Slayer

Cypress Hill

Black Veil Brides

Skindred

Rise To Remain

Of Mice and Men

Paradise Lost

Placebo

Frank Turner

Serj Tankian

Tool

Nine Inch Nails

Iggy and The Stooges

Dream Theatre

Killswitch Engage

Tomahawk

Scars On Broadway

Bury Tomorrow

Hacktivist

Weezer

The-All American Rejects

Kids In Glass Houses

Pearl Jam

The Smashing Pumpkins

The Offspring

Primus

Coheed and Cambria

Twister Sister

New Found Glory

While She Sleeps

Pulled Apart By Horses

Bring Me The Horizon

All Time Low

Mindless Self Indulgence

Can't be bothered to do a full line up but I have a feeling the headliners will be Avenged Sevenfold, Pearl Jam & Aerosmith. Two big acts that would shift tickets to support giving A7X the bump up and a decent bit of variety between the three.

Edited by BTK1609

I see where you're coming from there but I'm not sure that NIN are a big enough draw. Also they tend to have one classic headliner which is why I have a sneaky feeling for Aerosmith (although I suppose PJ fit that category) plus it will be 4 years since they last played in the UK. Also Download love their repeat bookings and I think I'm right in saying that your set would be three new headliners and two who have never played there previously.

I see where you're coming from there but I'm not sure that NIN are a big enough draw. Also they tend to have one classic headliner which is why I have a sneaky feeling for Aerosmith (although I suppose PJ fit that category) plus it will be 4 years since they last played in the UK. Also Download love their repeat bookings and I think I'm right in saying that your set would be three new headliners and two who have never played there previously.

NIN subbing Pearl Jam would be my guess. You have a good shout with Aerosmith for HRC. I think Download have set the bar for headliners pretty high the last two years (both size and quality) so NIN, A7X & Pearl Jam seems too small in comparison.

2003: Iron Maiden & Audioslave

2004: Linkin Park & Metallica

2005: Feeder, Black Sabbath, SOAD

2006: Tool, Metallica & Gn'R

2007: MCR, Linkin Park & Iron Maiden

2008: Kiss, Offspring & Lostprophets

2009: FNM, Slipknot & Def Leppard

2010: Aerosmith, RATM & AC/DC

2011: Linkin Park, Def Leppard & SOAD

2012: Prodigy, Metallica & Black Sabbath

2013: Slipknot, Iron Maiden & Rammstein

from 11 years:

Maiden *3

Metallica *3

Sabbath*2

SOAD*2

Def Leppard*2

Linkin Park*3

Slipknot*2

7 headliners who have headlined more than once,

14 who have headlined once.

but remember, people keep asking for these bands (apart from LP and Deaf Leppard) because download is teh METULLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZ

that statement could be said for every fucking festival though (look at r&l with acts down the line up who are there year after year and headliners who have been repeated a fair amount)

but at least they are spaced out instead of being every 2 years (not including Deaf leppard)

The repeat bookings comment was in no way a criticism mate an I'm aware they are mostly booking what people want, plus the pool of genuine headliners is way smaller than most festivals. Fact is though that 7 of the last 9 headliners are repeats which is why I think there won't be 3 completely new ones this year.