The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Anyone tried these pegs from Go Outdoors?

Bright yellow and plastic, better for cows me thought then metal, and easier to see in the grass, so less likely to lose them. but not sure how strong they are.

used them in the past they are just like metal pegs but... plastic

bit harder to get into dry ground though

• Upvote 1

Bright yellow and plastic, better for cows me thought then metal, and easier to see in the grass, so less likely to lose them. but not sure how strong they are.

The festival gave out green plastic pegs upon entry for free or year. I think it was in 2010. Trouble is if the ground is hard due to no rain ( as will obviously be the case this year!) then they tended to snap. They were then virtually impossible to remove as no hook at the top to pull on do ironically I would have though that most of them were left in the ground.

Edited by ohmygod

The festival gave out green plastic pegs upon entry for free or year. I think it was in 2010. Trouble is if the ground is hard due to no rain ( as will obviously be the case this year!) then they tended to snap. They were then virtually impossible to remove as no hook at the top to pull on do ironically I would have though that most of them were left in the ground.

They gave out potato pegs one year and they were awful apparently

Not sure if this counts as a "camping essential", but I bought 18 Travel Johns for £15.28 including delivery on Amazon a couple of days ago, they were a warehouse special because the packaging is damaged. I've just checked and there are still 2 more packs available at this price, but even at full price they are only £16.78. Should keep me going for the next 2 or 3 festivals!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000NVBYD8/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1368689049&sr=8-1&keywords=traveljohn&condition=used

Good spot, looks like a good deal. Never tried them although have been meaning to give them a go.

I bought some of these in an attempt to avoid some of the after-dark obstacle race antics. They'll probably be nicked. Seem sturdy enough:

http://dx.com/p/15000mcd-white-led-lamp-tent-pins-4-pack-30969

30969-49307666-7d5f-4389-a28f-fede42d1ca

Edited by Witty username here

I bought some of these in an attempt to avoid some of the after-dark obstacle race antics. They'll probably be nicked. Seem sturdy enough:

http://dx.com/p/15000mcd-white-led-lamp-tent-pins-4-pack-30969

30969-49307666-7d5f-4389-a28f-fede42d1ca

Had a load of them with our traiIer tent. Pretty rubbish. The plastic bit down the side that holds the guy ropes snapped off easily. Still reckon you can't beat traditional metal tent pegs.

Just make sure you go round at the end and collect them all up. Not difficult along with a decent finger tip litter pick.

Those were the potato ones, they were rubbish, you couldn't even fry them ....

Just got back from Lidl and they have garden trolleys in there,the 4 wheel cart type one but these fold up like a camping chair,they look good.I cant see anything on the WS (which is crap) they are £60. :)

Edited by Thearg

I just posted this in another thread but it is a bargain at £49.99. Ours was almost double this 4 years ago and its still going strong. So if you are looking for the ultimate trolley....look no further!

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/product.php?product_id=148837&source=aw

Its gone down to £39.99! i had one of these in 2011 and it was amazing! I paid double that too!

Lido have got the solar shower bags in for £3.99! You just leave them in the sunlight for a few hours and they have a small shower nozzle on them. Get your mate to hold it up and hey presto,

We are in the cv so gonna take 3 as we have got a shower/ loo tent which was about £25 quid.