The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Chill out, its over £40 full price which is more than I paid for my currant rucksack which does come with a fitted rain cover so its a reasonable question.

Price is no indicator - my rucksack's don't have a rain cover and they were quite expensive

I used Quidco code RDMAW to get 15% off as well. You have to spend over £40 to get this offer so got 2 Dynamo Cow Torch's (for some reason cheaper to get 2 than 1 - cost for 2 was 72p). Worked out cheaper thang writing something else for the free delivery

Just received the trolley from Robert Dyas as link below:

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~148837~Heavy-Duty-Garden-Cart

Well pleased. Really sturdy construction and big tyres for good ground clearance through any mud. Unfortunately a lot of people are travelling in my car so space is limited so will have to construct when I get there but just had a trial run and quite easy and quick to erect. And a bargain now at 35 using the above code

• Upvote 1

Just received the trolley from Robert Dyas as link below:

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~148837~Heavy-Duty-Garden-Cart

Well pleased. Really sturdy construction and big tyres for good ground clearance through any mud. Unfortunately a lot of people are travelling in my car so space is limited so will have to construct when I get there but just had a trial run and quite easy and quick to erect. And a bargain now at 35 using the above code

I got this truck too-it's a really good truck but I took it for a test run and the pins come out really easily with weight in. We've got round this but wrapping duct dape around the end of the pins so they physically cannot come out because they won't fit back through the holes.

I got this truck too-it's a really good truck but I took it for a test run and the pins come out really easily with weight in. We've got round this but wrapping duct dape around the end of the pins so they physically cannot come out because they won't fit back through the holes.

We were wondering about these. I think it shows on the diagrams tat your supposed to bend the end of the pins outward so that they don't fall out but then we won't be able to ate it apart easily for the trip home. Also once you have tightened those nuts can you then undo them again? They look like some sort of one way things tat once tightened cant be undone! I think that I'll take some normal nuts and think wire as pin replacements in case any of them get broken lost!

We were wondering about these. I think it shows on the diagrams tat your supposed to bend the end of the pins outward so that they don't fall out but then we won't be able to ate it apart easily for the trip home. Also once you have tightened those nuts can you then undo them again? They look like some sort of one way things tat once tightened cant be undone! I think that I'll take some normal nuts and think wire as pin replacements in case any of them get broken lost!

Yeh the pins are quite hard to understand, admittedly we didn't try and bend them out (oops!) but they do come out easily. Oh my goodness-them fucking nuts, they are an absolute asshole to do up (the ones they provide) so nip to b&q and buy some normal ones. You'd be there ages if you were to assemble that in the car park- I'm not very good at explaining things like this but the nuts they provide don't screw on at all (compared to normal nuts you can screw on 3/4 of the way) and I spent 30 minutes trying to do ONE up because of the angle of the things etc- so I'd advice to go and buy some easier ones or you'll be there ages! I'm going to use skinny nails as pin replacements coupled with good old duct tape :)

• Upvote 1

We've been trying to find a set of roof bars for the new car we've bought. At Halford's they told us that their own make had been discontinued, and the only ones to fit our car was £140. As we'll only use it once or twice a year we decided to keep looking. We found this inflatable set in Argos:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7404908.htm

We've not used it to carry stuff yet, but I fitted it to our car today and I'm really impressed! It's compatible with any car (apart from convertibles), so you can keep it when you change cars unlike most, takes up to 80 kilos, and packs away into a box the size of a toaster! It only took me about 15 mins to fit it the first time, and will probably be less than 10 next time. At only about a third the price, I can't fault it.

that's amazing. gonna have to check my local B&M and see if they've got them in!

yeah i did a double take an had to rub my eyes haha. they've also got folding camping chairs for £5 that have TWO drink holders... gonna buy ine tomorrow if there's any left

Trying to think positive about the weather and am looking around for a pair of walking boots.

Came across these which seem like a good bargain http://www.trespass.co.uk/mens-tiesto-01788

I don't know much about walking boots though and will probably never wear them again (till 2014) but are these any good for a weekend?

I dont know sorry but I'm also on the lookout for some so I will be interested in what others have to say, they look pretty good to me!

I dont know sorry but I'm also on the lookout for some so I will be interested in what others have to say, they look pretty good to me!

www.sportsdirect.com or the shop sell Karrimor walking boots, pair I bought lasted 7 years of festivals and digging my allotment, for around £30, good value in my book, so much so I bought another pair. A bottle of Nikwax helps the cause.