The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Nice one!!!

Was thinking about a new rucksack, as my current one is a bit tatty and starting to rip at the top and I wanted something new...but I've got a sack truck to now so didn't want something to expensive as its only used for festivals really!...Plus a good review on here and the big brand ones being stupidly expensive for anything that sort of size!

Reserved :D Will go collect tomorrow! I think I have an Argos voucher to!

Edited by LondonTom

Nice one!!!

Was thinking about a new rucksack, as my current one is a bit tatty and starting to rip at the

top and I wanted something new...but I've got a sack truck to now so didn't want something to expensive as its only used for festivals really!...Plus a good review on here and the big

brand ones being stupidly expensive for anything that sort of size!

Reserved :D Will go collect tomorrow! I think I

have an Argos voucher to!

Haha we are all gonna have the same bag! :-)

In Asda last night I bought an excellent little pocket size aluminium LED torch for only £2 that includes 3 AAA batteries (side by side; it's short and stubby rather than long and skinny) and has 9 really bright LEDs. It has an easy to find push switch in the base to turn it on and off, is fitted with a wrist lanyard and comes in a choice of colours including pink, yellow and green. It is advertised on the Asda website at £3.50 but only in white, so this may be an in-store special perhaps. Bargain!

Asda also has various other items of cheap camping kit in at the moment, including single airbeds for £8 and doubles for £10.

I work at an asda and they put a load of stuff up the other day for a camping display. I had to go over and fix the tent because they'd put it up wrong! The only things I've bought though are a couple of stools (2 for £5 i think) and one of those roll up bottle things that are actually in the pound section rather than the camping section, I was eyeing up those torches yesterday though.

Brasher supalite ll gtx boots at field and trek for £60,men and womens. Have these myself and they really are very good.

Thanks for this. Ordered them for myself and my hubby today as well as a couple of other things! Decent sale.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who has the Argos bag, does it come with a waterproof cover?

My god, what do you expect for £17? Yes it comes with rain cover and a voucher for a free Sherpa service to carry it around Glasto for you too!

Sorry, I'm being flippant. No, it doesn't come with a rain cover but still well worth it.

My god, what do you expect for £17? Yes it comes with rain cover and a voucher for a free Sherpa service to carry it around Glasto for you too!

Sorry, I'm being flippant. No, it doesn't come with a rain cover but still well worth it.

Chill out, its over £40 full price which is more than I paid for my currant rucksack which does come with a fitted rain cover so its a reasonable question.

Chill out, its over £40 full price which is more than I paid for my currant rucksack which does come with a fitted rain cover so its a reasonable question.

I was only joking!

I'm interested to know why you're interested in the Argos one then, if you've already got one (withthe added bonus of a rain cover)

I was only joking!

I'm interested to know why you're interested in the Argos one then, if you've already got one (withthe added bonus of a rain cover)

Because it will require replacing soon (already had to make some running repairs) and because I think this one may be slightly bigger. And I have had an Argos voucher burning a hole in my pocket since Xmas.

Thanks for this, I've just reserved the last one in my local store for collection tomorrow. If the reviews are anything to go by then at £17 it should be a bargain replacement for the 24 year old Berghaus Cyclops Roc that I've used for every other festival I've been to (amongst other things!) but is now showing its age.

Thanks again!

Just done the same, decided that my Berghaus Mustang which was given to me as a wedding present in 1986 could go into semi retirement after 26 years of faithful service.