WWE

lharris92

He said its his vision for the end of wrestlemania, he did say that Lesnar will have already defeated Taker, but he didn't say only if he had defeated Taker.

I can see a Lesnar v Bryan fued being awesome actually, even if it is post Mania and not at the event.

BTW seen who's favourite with bookies to win the ATG battle royal? Rusev.

Think they'll give him that big a push?

It is Mania 30, I think Show stands a chance but surely if they get to carry the trophy around it'll be a heel who wins.

The Taker/Brock segment was p*ss poor last night. Brock was made to look weak AGAIN up until he actually got in the ring. That clothesline and F5 was sold by the announce team like it was a severe beat down. I just find the deadman character beyond boring now. It's the same thing, year in, year out. Something about hell, and burning, and the opponents soul, then "Come Sunday, [insert name] will REST. IN. PEEEEAAACE." Blah blah. I think it was clear a large chunk of the fans in attendance find it boring too, judging by the CM Punk chants during the segment.

Moving away from that, I thought Cena appearing in the mask was really cool. I'm not a Cena hater, I'm not a fan of his either. But last night I found myself liking him, he seemed more fired up and not so OTT babyface. There was, dare I say it, an ever, ever so slightly heel-ish element to it in my opinion. It was just the way he looked when he removed the mask and how irate he was once he cleared the ring. I'm looking forward to that match the most.

And finally, I loved the Bryan interruption at the end. He will beat Triple H, and he will walk out of WM30 as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. If he doesn't, then I will look a right clown for having so much certainty :P

The Lesnar/Taker stuff really has been god awful. The only thing I can think of that would excuse this would be Taker losing at Mania and I just can't see that happening.

Cena has always done the slightly more bad thing when he's gone more serious. It's disappointing because a John Cena in that mood is always more entertaining. He's one of the best talkers, if not THE best talker, when he's at his most serious, and people buy into him no matter who they are. Basically, it shows that he's actually quite a good character if they can allow people to get into him. They don't though.

And yeah, Bryan wins.

The "Yes" chants aren't as loud are they? And a Bryan vs Lesnar program is frankly ridiculous. Lesnar has signed a new contract though. Not sure if its still part time or what.

Also, has their been a worse main event in WM history? Two people in the main event facing each other 6 days before WM?! Wheres the "protecting the main event". Madness.

Does anyone really see Bryan sustaining a run with the belt? Facing Lesnar, Big Show etc etc?

The idea of Lesnar losing to Bryan undermines any credibility in the business. Its borderline David Arquette as WCW champion standard stuff.

I like Bryan and he always puts on decent matches but as "the man"? Nah. To refer to an old WCW division, hes a very good cruiser weight.

He's gone beyond Cruiser point now. It's clear he's had a long and sustained time as an incredibly popular wrestler. Benoit wasn't much bigger than Bryan, and nowhere near as popular at even any one given time, except maybe the time he made HHH tap at Mania XX.

Oh, and given Daniel Bryan is a serious athlete with years in the game, who has been facing bigger guys and winning for years. Basically, he can beat Lesnar and do it credibly. And the comparison to Arquette just makes me wonder how much it's even worth getting into with you. It's absolutely nowhere near the same thing.

You are seriously overestimating the importance in size when it comes to how credible someone is to the casual fans.

That's why Rey Mysterio got away with winning the Rumble and the gold. In the case of the latter, he did it twice. The only reason he isn't always at the top of the card when he's fit now is because he's injured too much.

Daniel Bryan is more popular than he ever was as well btw.

You are seriously overestimating the importance in size when it comes to how credible someone is to the casual fans.

That's why Rey Mysterio got away with winning the Rumble and the gold. In the case of the latter, he did it twice. The only reason he isn't always at the top of the card when he's fit now is because he's injured too much.

Daniel Bryan is more popular than he ever was as well btw.

I remember Rey yeah. And thats one of the reasons I'm so skeptical about Bryan. Rey was very popular at the time and he didn't draw a cent. It was ridiculous seeing him up against Mark Henry and Kane et al.

Rey was actually a fairly decent cash cow for WWE. Whenever he's about, he always is. Watch him shoot up to the top three merch sellers when he returns.

All WWE ever need to do is have the big guy play the Vader/Taker role which Lesnar has proven brilliant at. It has fans buying into it every time. Plus, Bryan is far far better than Rey when it comes to playing the fired up underdog. Rey's only a good underdog because he's small. He's excellent as a cruiserweight wrestler, which is why he was also good when it came to matches with guys like Angle, Edge and Eddie, because it didn't require much of a step up, while also allowing the bigger guys to ragdoll him a bit.