WWE

lharris92

I agree with what The Nal is saying. In some aspects anyway. Personally, I would like to see Bryan vs. Brock, but it wouldn't make sense to me. Like he has said, the sheer size difference would be an issue, for me anyway. Yes we all know wrestling is staged, but just imagine, in mainstream media, "Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar gets beaten in a WWE Title match by a guy who barely breaks the 200lbs mark." Yes, he has lost to Cena and Triple H, but, that is more believable to me, because they are both bigger guys.

I'm a Bryan fan, I would love to see him beat Brock, but I would find it hard to suspend belief if I wasn't a wrestling fan and saw the story pop up online somewhere. I'm probably talking crap, but hey, if you can talk crap on a forum where can you :lol:?

*EDIT* If they did feud, I'd like to eventually see Brock beat Bryan to a pulp to win the title.

Edited by Andre91

Remember when Eddie beat Brock? Went down as one of best moments in the last 10 years. Should Eddie have lost because he is a smaller guy? That victory propelled him to the peak of his popularity.

Comparing Bryan to Arquette is ridiculous. Bryan is the most deserving champion in a long time. Let him have a run at the top and see how it goes. Most over in the company, best wrestler in the company and the guy busted his ass in the Indy circuit for the last decade and earned his position.

Nothing worse than a "deserving" champion. Smacks of charity. I think that without the "Yes" chant hes still doing mid card comedy routines with Santino and the like.

One thing about this run with the belt - its going to accelerate Wyatt and Reigns transition into main eventers. Wyatt in particular will be ready to go after WM.

You have to remember that most wrestlers drop off the full time roster in their late 30s. Currently a lot of the main eventers of the last few years are approaching that age. Punk, Sheamus, Cena, Lesnar, Del Rio.

They need to start building a few stars. And fast. And people need to step up to the plate. Otherwise they'll find themselves in a pointless 8 man tag featuring a midget in a childs animnal costume. Its a fine line.

Edited by The Nal

Nothing worse than a "deserving" champion. Smacks of charity. I think that without the "Yes" chant hes still doing mid card comedy routines with Santino and the like.

Erm... you do realise that this isn't actually a bad thing, right? It's his calling card. Every big star has one. The thing that sets him apart. What's the difference between this and drinking beers?

The point on Eddie was a good one btw. The exact same sort of thing applies with how the smaller guy beats the bigger guy, and NOBODY complained about that one.

The Arquette comparison was a travesty.

Erm... you do realise that this isn't actually a bad thing, right? It's his calling card. Every big star has one. The thing that sets him apart. What's the difference between this and drinking beers?

The point on Eddie was a good one btw. The exact same sort of thing applies with how the smaller guy beats the bigger guy, and NOBODY complained about that one.

The Arquette comparison was a travesty.

Oh, and WWE are closer now than they've been in a long time to creating a massive star. And you seem desperate to talk that guy down.

Can't win.

I don't think he'll be a massive star. Not in the top tier sense anyway. As I said, I like him and I hope hes around for a long time. But if he was that good WWE wouldn't have waited until he was nearly 30 to pick him up.

Austin had it all by the way. Austin was absolutely unmissable on TV. A Bryan/Austin comparison is as stupid as my Arquette one. Which was tongue in cheek.

Bryan has a novelty beard and gets the crowd to chant yes a lot. When something is positive is needed he chants "YES" and when its negative it "NO". It was funny for a few weeks in 2012. He has a bit of cred with people in the know because of the Road Diaries documentary. Amazing.

His in ring ability is ok. Not a high flyer, and not particularly big or strong and I don't really see great in ring psychology from him either. His mic work is ok-ish but I find myself fast forwarding his promos sometimes. He chanted "NO" at HHH a few weeks ago, something about not performing that night, and I had to mute the TV. It was that childishly cringing.

The crowd went mental on Raw because it was the only good part of the show! Never heard "boring" chants multiple times on a pre PPV Raw before. Never mind a pre Wrestlemania Raw!

Is this the man to carry the torch? Honestly I think hes fading already. Hes already reached his peak which was the YES chanting on top of the cage. Whatever PPV that was at.

Anyway we'll see over the next few weeks. And hes miles better than Orton or Batista.

Edited by The Nal

1) I'd suggest you actually find out where Daniel Bryan gets his cred from instead of making 100% wrong assumptions on it.

2) His ring work is more than okay. Which is almost a unanimous opinion. I say almost based PURELY on you. Because you're genuinely the first person I've seen say that he's anything other than one of the best on the planet at the minute.

If Daniel Bryan was just a beard and a chant then he'd be shit. And I'd be then asking why you like him.

Bryan is the biggest star that WWE has developed since Stone Cold. Thats fact.

You know why, they tried to keep him down but the fans just kept behind him, the fans loved him as a heel and a face, he has a great match everytime he gets in the ring, he GETS it. And the fans love him so much i'd say even more because the fact he organically got over, by having great matches and showing his passion, same as Eddie did, WWE have not rammed him down our throats, I think robbing him of his Mania moment in his squash by Sheamus made fans get behind him even more.

And now he is as over as Austin IMO, and its happened because the fans WANTED it to happen, WWE tried to keep Austin down too, but in the end they realised theres no point fighting it and the fans want it, they know this happens few and far between, all the workers know it, Jericho said it this week, hell CM Punk fucked off cus he was gunna slip down the pecking order behind Bryan.

Bryan is the fans choice. Rey no sorry, WWE rammed him down our throats, the Bryan situation has been completely different. He won't become as popular as Austin was with a 'cool' factor, but he is the geeky wrestling fans hero. And the YES movement can go mainstream. I wonder how long he will keep the hair and beard, I imagine if Vince really wants to push him they'll push for him to neaten up for mainstream appeal. Keep the hair and beard, just neaten it up.

I don't see Bryan being another Benoit, the fans pushed for that he won, but he just had the in ring skills, Bryan has charisma too, I don't see him being fed to the next green chipper and forgotten about, I see him in this main event spot for the long term.

And if there EVER was a time for Cena to turn heel, it would against Bryan. Pissed off not being the fans favourite, not having the title, promised the spotlight again by HHH, the fans would LOVE to boo Cena for real against their chosen one. Mania 31 folks. There's your main event.

Edited by luckysalt

Stone Cold's usually depends on who's on it I think. Jericho's with Chris Nowinski is about as "must-listen" as it gets. Didn't even know Jim Ross had one. Could be good.

The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana is also quite good depending on his guests. Also did one with Grado. Gets a good mix of WWE and indy guys.

Anybody seen this just saw that the Hydro posted it on their facebook as the advertisement for the WWE Live show.

Match Card for WWE World Heavyweight Championship!
14 May 2014 - http:///1eB1Cbq

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton

Six Man Tag Match
The Shield vs Kane, Ryback and Curtis Axel

If anything it looks like they may have just ruined some of the hoped for outcome of the Wrestlemania/Spoiled it.

Not really. It means the current champ is currently advertised in a title match. ;) Or at least, it might. What it does is give doubt to the result.

Plus, what it also does is means that the person posting in this spread wasn't stupid enough to post the spoiler. Right?

Doesn't matter. Either way Bryan is clearly winning the title.

The whole run in has been poor though. The focus is on him vs HHH. The title win is secondary. Theres no "passing of the torch" here a la Hogan, HBK, Austin, HHH or a Cena. It almost feels like a token award.