WWE

lharris92

Raw October 19th from Dallas. Where WM is on next year. HBK, Flair, Austin, Taker, Lesnar and then Lesnar on Austins podcast after Raw.

Desperate times. Monday night had the lowest amount viewers in 18 years and the lowest third hour since it changed to a 3 hour show.

Would be interesting to see the demographics. In the early and mid 90s the figures dropped because the 80s kids grew up and didn't come back to wrestling until they got to college age. Maybe thats happened now with the PG era?

Raw October 19th from Dallas. Where WM is on next year. HBK, Flair, Austin, Taker, Lesnar and then Lesnar on Austins podcast after Raw.

Desperate times. Monday night had the lowest amount viewers in 18 years and the lowest third hour since it changed to a 3 hour show.

Would be interesting to see the demographics. In the early and mid 90s the figures dropped because the 80s kids grew up and didn't come back to wrestling until they got to college age. Maybe thats happened now with the PG era?

I'd say it's a shoddy product with a lack of stars on the roster.

I know he has out right said that he won't be wrestling, but I'm still going with Brock vs. Austin.

Given wrestlers over 50 tens to get hurt these days - Taker, Sting - and Austins neck injuries meaning no suplex city, I think its unlikely.

Will be interesting to see the podcast though. Austin got into character at the end of the Heyman one and he does owe Lesnar a clean win.

I wonder if they threw a bit more money at Brock they could get his dates up.  I know he doesnt like the travelling, but evryone has their price and to me it would be money well spent.  Its surprising in a way that despite the ratings they have kept the title on Rollins, I would normally expect the rookie champions to be the fall guy.

It is the simple fact WWE are too much up their own arse.

Its the belief still that THEY decide what the fans want to see and we will lap it up.

The storylines are dire, the characters are stale, the matches are, most part, the equivalent of painting by numbers.

They need an attitude era, they need to change EVERYTHING. Just like they did back then. Its too safe, its not must see TV, like you can't miss an episode because you might miss this moment in history, fuck I missed Raw for 3 months and didn't miss anything.

A Rollins Kane fued 18 years after Kane debuted and been a mainstay on TV all that time is horrendous its EXACTLY what the attitude era was against old stars taking up time on TV and old boring matches not pushing boundaries, the other person to come out pushed from this past week? Big Show. Same as Kane, debuted in 1995 in what was the bigger company at the time and in WWE since Feb 1999. Pushed into a fued with Lesnar which was done in 2003. Seriously. This is the product they think is fine to put out there?

Where's Jack Swagger? Where's Cesaro? Where's Dean Ambrose? They have no TV time or feuds. Ambrose has been a stick of celery stuck on the side of the plate of the Reigns v Wyatt feud. 

I just don't understand how HHH lived through prior to the attitude era, saw what it took to get out the slump and lived through it all since and can still be so alienated from his audience. 

It is the simple fact WWE are too much up their own arse.

Its the belief still that THEY decide what the fans want to see and we will lap it up.

The storylines are dire, the characters are stale, the matches are, most part, the equivalent of painting by numbers.

They need an attitude era, they need to change EVERYTHING. Just like they did back then. Its too safe, its not must see TV, like you can't miss an episode because you might miss this moment in history, fuck I missed Raw for 3 months and didn't miss anything.

A Rollins Kane fued 18 years after Kane debuted and been a mainstay on TV all that time is horrendous its EXACTLY what the attitude era was against old stars taking up time on TV and old boring matches not pushing boundaries, the other person to come out pushed from this past week? Big Show. Same as Kane, debuted in 1995 in what was the bigger company at the time and in WWE since Feb 1999. Pushed into a fued with Lesnar which was done in 2003. Seriously. This is the product they think is fine to put out there?

Where's Jack Swagger? Where's Cesaro? Where's Dean Ambrose? They have no TV time or feuds. Ambrose has been a stick of celery stuck on the side of the plate of the Reigns v Wyatt feud. 

I just don't understand how HHH lived through prior to the attitude era, saw what it took to get out the slump and lived through it all since and can still be so alienated from his audience.

It would be silly to change everything, they are a profitable company. Huge changes can make things much better, they can also make things worse. Im not convinced I would want to gamble if it was my money. That doesn't mean you cant look for improvement, but to chase the attitude era is dangerous, they may never get to that level again.

Its a tricky situation for the WWE, the main man is now Lesnar, but they have to make best with the dates that he is available. They also have a rookie champion who is not drawing, nor has a track record of being a draw. They are effectively investing in Rollins as a man for the future, he has captivated the hardcore fans, but time will tell if he pulls in the mainstream. Vince is not a man to panic and must think it is time well spent, even if not reflected in ratings.

Im ok with Kane in the title match, its not as if there are a huge range of alternative. I also think you don't want to waste a hot world title feud on a ppv when the match is going to be lost amongst the hype of the Lesnar V Undertaker main event

The only reason the attitude era was so good (the storylines and characters that is, weren't many highly regarded matches) was because they had competition. There is no company competing against them so they can do whatever they want.

Lack of competition is one of the main things and its hard to see that competition ever returning. I also think the 3 hour raw is a hard sell. However its easy as a fan to say cut down to 2 hours, if we sat on the board and saw the numbers, we may think differently.

I find it laughable how they are trying to build Big Show up as some sort of threat to Lesnar when he got completely murdered by Brock at last years Royal Rumble. How anyone is supposed to care about The Big Slow in 2015 is beyond me.

RAW last night was awful for me. The whole Kane thing is ridiculous.

TNA could totally remodel their roster with new stars, NXT don't exactly pay much for their stars. Even from the UK scene you could take Jimmy Havoc, Tommy End, Will Ospreay, Flash Morgan Webster and the Hooligans thats just off the top of my head. So much talent they could use in PWG especially.