Friday headliner announced Monday morning

Guest dan8k

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already dealt with the "oh no, Florence" feelings so it's no big deal. If we hadn't have known and she came along, I'd probably be moaning. Guess it was a good thing it was so obvious haha.

But yeah, I wont be watching. Hoping she doesn't duet with The XX too.

Let's face it, we fully expected it to be Florence. It's not exactly been the best kept secret and by process of elimination... well, it was never likely to be Lady Gaga, was it?

It's a dreadful booking (no, it really fucking is) but the thing is, providing there is no soundbleed, who gives two pubes off a rat's bollocks about her when it gives us a chance to see something else instead? Could hang a radio in a portaloo and get just as much enjoyment as the NME readers and pop culture sheep will listening to her wails and screams.

Let's face it, we fully expected it to be Florence. It's not exactly been the best kept secret and by process of elimination... well, it was never likely to be Lady Gaga, was it?

It's a dreadful booking (no, it really fucking is) but the thing is, providing there is no soundbleed, who gives two pubes off a rat's bollocks about her when it gives us a chance to see something else instead? Could hang a radio in a portaloo and get just as much enjoyment as the NME readers and pop culture sheep will listening to her wails and screams.

If she is honestly the best this country has to offer in the way of a headliner (and one no-less who has headlined 2 festivals in the UK previously in the last 2 years alone), then the immediate future of festivals looks very bleak indeed.

I'll ignore whether she's the best thing or not. I'm sure you all know my view on that by now. :P:lol:

But if Dave The Hedgehog is expecting any of the more-major festivals to be presenting headliner acts which haven't played at or near the top of the bill at other fests in the recent past then I reckon he should give up festivals.

There's simply too many festivals and too few potential headlining bands for that to not be happening.