Sunday night headliner stevie wonder?

Guest dan8k

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a coup for Bestival and personally makes my decision not to see him but instead see Orbital at Glastonbury all the better. :)

That said there are a good few acts I would miss him for again, I must remember to look up a set list for his Glastonbury performance as I would presume he would do something similar.

Thinking about it I could see him and then Orbital if I so wished

Is Rob addressing the age demographic issues of the Festival by booking more mature headliners? The Cure, Bjork, New Order and Stevie?

Not that I had noticed much of an issue, but had heard a few people comment on it.

Edited by smogo

Now, I'm not usually the one for abuse on internet forums but...

Stevie Wonder is a fucking god amoungst men when it comes to live shows. Seeing him at glastonbury was literally one of the most life affirming, amazing performances in my entire life and I feel absolutely privileged to have been able to see him on that night. You go out with all your attention seeking "Oh look at me I don't really care about a headliner" and I go out with all my attention seeking "Oh look at me I'm going to talk shit to someone who probably doesn't give a shit and I havn't met them before on my life but I think they are wrong on an internet forum so I'll have a go at them anyway" and I just think you are wrong.

When I saw that Stevie Wonder was headlining Bestival this year I literally shouted what the fuck to my computer screen, ran out of my bedroom and sprinted around the place yelling at the top of my lungs that one of the most influential musicians of our time is headlining a medium sized festival in the Isle Of Wight. Sorry about the spelling mistakes and the shit post but if I don't go to Bestival this year then I will literally be crying in the corner of my bedroom for the 4 days that it's on and that is a true fact.

When I saw that Stevie Wonder was headlining Bestival this year I literally shouted what the fuck to my computer screen, ran out of my bedroom and sprinted around the place yelling at the top of my lungs that one of the most influential musicians of our time is headlining a medium sized festival in the Isle Of Wight.

Extremely happy with this announcement!

RDB sums it up perfectly in the description on the home page.

I see part of my job at Bestival as giving you acts you may never have seen or will get the chance to see again

Apart from Glastonbury 2 years ago there hasn't been many times over the last decade you've been able to see the man, never mind at a festival!

TBH I don't even know that many tracks from him, but if you give me the chance to see a musical legend I've never seen before over a band who has gone way overboard with festivals, then I'm gonna take the first option so I applaud RDB for this booking.

TBH I don't even know that many tracks from him, but if you give me the chance to see a musical legend I've never seen before over a band who has gone way overboard with festivals, then I'm gonna take the first option so I applaud RDB for this booking.