• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Who gives a fuck what the crowd is like? I'd have enjoyed The Cure just as much even if I was the only one stood there.

It can ruin a gig. You must have seen a performance hampered by the same thing before.

Edit: oops I thought we were talking about when there's loads of people there that don't care rather than not a lot of people there. Never mind.

Edited by dentalplan

Depends if you are there for the music or jumping around and pushing people.

To be fair this is sort of true. If it's an act like Metallica or SOAD a poor crowd could ruin it, but for an act like The Cure I don't really mind.

Anyway, someone said the crowd sucked at the front for NIN at Reading. That's disappointing to hear; at Leeds I spent the gig in a pretty large pit full of fans.

Feel free to shoot me down but at Leeds the crowds for the aformentioned acts (SOAD, The Cure, NIN) wasn't crap at all. Maybe the crowd at Reading it just poorer than the crowd at Leeds in general? Maybe I'm just being stereotypical? But it does seem that way.

It can ruin a gig. You must have seen a performance hampered by the same thing before.

Edit: oops I thought we were talking about when there's loads of people there that don't care rather than not a lot of people there. Never mind.

This is what I was talking about haha :P I don't really give a fuck how many people are there as long as the band are playing songs I like + the crowd aren't being dicks.

Feel free to shoot me down but at Leeds the crowds for the aformentioned acts (SOAD, The Cure, NIN) wasn't crap at all. Maybe the crowd at Reading it just poorer than the crowd at Leeds in general? Maybe I'm just being stereotypical? But it does seem that way.

SOAD weren't shite at all at Reading, not for me or any of the people around me at least (down the front, dead on centre). I know that apparently Serj has said Reading's crowd wasn't great but I must admit that they were easily my second favourite act of the weekend (After Biffy of course :P )

EDIT: I think what made their performance great for me was the crowd was great. I was worried it'd be way too violent for me and sure, it was rough but everyone was looking out for each other and generally getting along, never been in a better crowd tbh!

Edited by Babyquack

I never saw NIN but i was told they had a rubbish crowd.... And i went to see the cure but got bored and left... and from what i remember people were pouring out at the time (crowd was significantly smaller after a few songs)

But mates said SOAD had a great crowd (big and lively)... and i know that acts such as BMTH had a big crowd who were lively

Edited by kemosabe

If im honest i brought most of the stuff from home this year.... however because of the cold rain i had the £1 Soup and a bun from salvation army twice (life savers especially after green day in the rain!!) i had the Noodles once (so so good!) and i shared a Pizza with a friend (margarita but there was a veggie one there)

Also from what i saw when walking past the Veggie stall sold Burgers, Hot Dogs, Pitta bread and Jacket Potato's... but i never got anything from them as i had more then enough food with me for the weekend.

So yer as you say its pretty much sorted!

My main thing is there isnt a vegetable pot noodle :( i know its just flavorings and sutible for Vegaterians but if i wanted chicken noodles ect... i wouldn't be a vegetarian!!

AH, I love the soup and a roll from the salvation army! Just hits the spot when it's been raining for a while! :)

I think I may take a leaf out of your book there this year and bring some supplies from home, I wouldn't mind trying some of the stuff they have on offer but I don't think I want to have to rely on them for main meals! :P

Waiting for the day for there to be a veg. pot noodle! One day!! :D

I must have misjudged people. It's just alien to me how someone can be as incredibly excited over them as, say, lharris and InMe.

It's just alien to me how someone can be as incredibly excited over InMe as, say, lharris.

The excitement is at an all time low, until a triple album will be hitting later this year B)

and its also alien to me as there are people who get more excited over InMe than me.

I'm not sure if this is new news or old news, but Arctics are now TBC...

This is new. I only looked yesterday and they were SR.

Seem's Scottie has got firm confirmation (probably a similar source to Lucky's?) on AM. Shame, a small part of me hoped Lucky was wrong and hoped for something better than Arctics...