Lineup 2014

Hawky

Anyone who saw Placebo touring: what was the crowd like? Was it an older crowd or do they still have appeal with the kids? Just by venues and ticket sales they should get a good placing, but I imagine most of those tickets were bought by the folk who used to go to R+L in the 2000's.

I saw them at Manchester Apollo, and I'd say it was more of an older crowd.

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

I saw them at Manchester Apollo, and I'd say it was more of an older crowd.

Yeah I thought as much. It'd be nice to have them back at R+L but I think they'd be given a shitty spot like Editors were, but I don't think they'll be booked at all personally. They've played Europe late August every year but one since they last played and not been booked, but they've put a new album out since so who knows?

Edited by dentalplan

You know what you are? Everybody I know, to here knows when, everybody knows that you are insane. How will we know? I don't know for sure, the Navajo know, you don't know Jesus. I know it's true but I'm sorry to say, he doesn't know why, I don't know you people. This girl I know, I'd like to know, I want to know if it's still possible. It's nice to know you work alone, don't want to know if you are lonely, I know you are but what am I? The last to know. I just don't know what to do with myself. Don't know when but a day is gonna come, let's get known.

There was a lad at uni who was adamant that The Killers were headlining R&L last year, and was going around telling everyone that they were. So, I said I will bet him £20 that they don't, and he wouldn't take the bet because he said, "Well it's just rumours so nobody knows for sure". I was like, well, I DO know for sure, so take my damn bet :lol:

I think last year proved that You don't need a huge act opposite the biggest act of the weekend to split the crowd.

Eminem had possibly the biggest crowd I've seen at Leeds. Alt-J were hardly the biggest of acts opposite him, and the fact that most of the other stages clocked off prior to Eminem showed that the field is probably big enough to take 90% of the attendance.

I reckon disclosure will be opposite blink and I can see a heavier or more alternative act taking up the spot opposite AM. Leaving an indie/dance choice for the qotsa/paramore clash.