What's Next?

Guest AR93

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly this makes a lot more sense, from the Chortle.co.uk forums on Monday:

Bethany: Is there a comedy tent at Sonisphere? ... and if so who books it?

Keith Platt: I posted the same question three weeks ago and I'm still awaiting a reply icon_sad.gif

spikymike: I just spoke to my contact at Sonisphere and they are currently not planning any comedy unfortunately this year.

That struck me as odd at the time, given how strong (if small) their comedy lineup usually is.

Edited by smogo

So what's happening now then?

I can see Queen with Adam Lambert playing as an outdoor gig with Evanescence & Darkness supporting, KISS will probably just cancel and wait to tour Europe properly and Faith No More may decide to not come over at all. With bands lower down the bill I can see Mastadon and Wolfmother popping up at either Download or R&L but I can't imagine Manson or Incubus playing there now so possible UK shows of their own.

I can see Queen with Adam Lambert playing as an outdoor gig with Evanescence & Darkness supporting, KISS will probably just cancel and wait to tour Europe properly and Faith No More may decide to not come over at all. With bands lower down the bill I can see Mastadon and Wolfmother popping up at either Download or R&L but I can't imagine Manson or Incubus playing there now so possible UK shows of their own.

Edited by AcademicPistol

No matter what happens tomorrow, neil and others have been saying for a while its difficult for one dedicated metal festival to viable let alone two, even if soni does survive this year i wouldnt expect to see it next year.

Guessing its a combination of poor sales for every festival and the fact this year is not quite up to last years.

Went to my first soni last year, thought it was a great festival, line up is not for me this year but it'll be a shame to see it go if this all turns out to be true

I can't see big acts like Evanescene just being added to the bill at other fests as there's no slots left for them and I can't imagine Queen with Adam Lambert not going ahead in some form and if Kili are going to arrange it still they will probably use the acts on the bill as support to save them a few quid that they would otherwise lose with the bands deposits. I also wouldn't rule out them adding more supports acts to Red Hot Chili Peppers from Soni in a slim hope to boost their sales. It must be a costly year for Kili.