What's Next?

Guest AR93

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the AiC song I believe, though AIC are infinitely better than Godsmack who I don't like at all. Megadeth "leaked" them for Download, but then Andy said they weren't booked so could be they've swtiched over to Sonisphere.

Skindred keep announcing July festival dates, I reckon they'll make a return. I also fully expect One minute Silence to return too and actually play this time :P

Lacuna Coil most definitely will not be subbing Saturn,last time they played they were 2nd on Apollo I think at like Midday and they've not got any bigger, so they'll be low Saturn. So far the splits look something like this:

Friday:

Kiss

Special Guests

Within Temptation

Wolfmother

???(assuming it's 5 again)

Saturday:

Queen (Ft. Adam Lambert)

Evanescence

The Darkness

???

Flogging Molly

???

Gojira

Tim Minchin

???

???

???

Lacuna Coil

???

Unknown stage (Probably tents): Fields of the Nephilim, Ghost, Katatonia

Sunday:

Faith No More

Incubus

Marilyn Manson

Cypress Hill

Andrew W.K

???

???

Refused

Mastodon

???

The Blackout

???

???

Unknown Stage (Probably tents): Switchfoot, I Killed the Prom Queen

That's what I think the stage splits are so far - using the info from the newspieces, Andrew W.K, Lacuna Coil, The Blackout and Flogging Molly might be higher or lower - just guesstimated where on the stage they'd play - the stages are right, but weren't giving a specific place. I'm assuming ever band not mentioned in the articles is Bohemia or lower - which looking at the ones left out, makes sense.

Edited by kipper64

Yeah I find that surprising too. Guess they want to make money off of the "Kiss Army" seeing as it's their only Euro show this year! I never bother with day tickets to be honest, if you get to the point you have to pay £90 for just one day + travel and potentially a hotel or whatever, you may as well just go and enjoy the whole weekend!

I agree, more punk is needed, metal only if it's good metal. Saturday is off to a good start to be fair, Gojira for metal, and Flogging Molly for Punk, I guess Andrew W.K. is kind of punk-ish in a sense. Friday needs some work though, I imagine the tents will be much more to my taste then though!

Personally I like Incubus, going from Incubus to Refused to Faith No More is amazing for me!

I'm wondering if they're monitoring ticket sales and looking at general feedback on the forums? Surely these things may play a factor in who/what they want to announce next?

Opinions on the lineup thus far are mixed at best, maybe they want the next announcement to pull in the punters who are non-plussed so far? More metal or punk, less middle of the road pish like... (oh, will keep my opinions to myself on that one)

OR, tickets are flying out the door and they're in no rush!! Who knows....