Announcement

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank fuck Red Hot Chilli Peppers aren't headlining!

I read the news story and I saw Knebworth in June and thought it was one of those AC/DC/Black Sabbath Download type things where on the day you have to pretend it's not a festival and it's a standalone gig.

Edited by jump

I'm quite surprised they are playing big venues like this, are they big enough to play venues of this size anymore? Its not like they have sold out the current arena tour and many of the people that see them on this tour will probably not bother going out of there way to see them again? Plus they didn't go down very well at Reading and Leeds.

I can't see there being more than 30,000 at Knebworth?

^ They sold out 3 dates at the O2 Arena which is 60k people in one day and standing tixs are sold out on the rest of the tour, I think it's juts the odd seat on the higher levels left now and I think the new album is selling well, not 100% though as I lost all interest ever since I saw how awful they are live. They are probably going on sale now before their tour kicks off to prevent people being put off by bad word of mouth.

Still I can't complain if they want to do their own shows, it's means I won't be forced to watch them at Soni since there's no 2nd stage headliner on at the same time and no other fest run the risk of having them and ruining the weekend.

Edited by jump

^ They sold out 3 dates at the O2 Arena which is 60k people in one day and standing tixs are sold out on the rest of the tour, I think it's juts the odd seat on the higher levels left now and I think the new album is selling well, not 100% though as I lost all interest ever since I saw how awful they are live. They are probably going on sale now before their tour kicks off to prevent people being put off by bad word of mouth.

Still I can't complain if they want to do their own shows, it's means I won't be forced to watch them at Soni since there's no 2nd stage headliner on at the same time and no other fest run the risk of having them and ruining the weekend.

I still think it could be Sabbath - I think the attraction of a summer touring an 'Ozzfest' around the various cities in Europe as an 'in place' event will be a big appeal, it's always a big attraction that Sonisphere has over Download. Plus as I've previously said sabbath have a history of sorts with Soni - Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler performed for Heaven and Hell at Sonisphere '09.

More tenuous is the Bat Sabbath appearance last year and Anthrax breaking into 'Heaven And Hell' during their performance at the Big Four Sonisphere last year in the middle of the song 'Indians' maybe both bands knew something.

I still think it could be Sabbath - I think the attraction of a summer touring an 'Ozzfest' around the various cities in Europe as an 'in place' event will be a big appeal, it's always a big attraction that Sonisphere has over Download. Plus as I've previously said sabbath have a history of sorts with Soni - Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler performed for Heaven and Hell at Sonisphere '09.

More tenuous is the Bat Sabbath appearance last year and Anthrax breaking into 'Heaven And Hell' during their performance at the Big Four Sonisphere last year in the middle of the song 'Indians' maybe both bands knew something.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like it is going to next year before an announcement according to Sonisphere Twitter:

Sonisphere Sonisphere

@

@hakusushi UK probably not this side of Xmas, working on some of the European ones this moment though.

At least it will stop me checking every hour to see if anything has been announced!