Amy Winehouse

Guest Kowalski

You are a good at twisting words :)

[

No, I've used your words back at you. And by doing so I've exposed just how f**king stupid you are, that you're completely unable to join up any dots into a coherent argument.

In others eyes that makes you clever... In my eyes it just makes you look even more stupid :)

in which case I'll take that as the biggest compliment you can give. :)

because your scared of the debate and letting other peoples opinions stand...

You what? PMSL: :lol:

If I was scared of the debate I'd have shut it down. It's precisely because I'm not scared of the debate I'm partaking in it.

You even go as far above to say I am something I said not a couple of posts back I am not... Namely a Christian...

my apologies, it wasn't my intention, it was what I thought you were - you've certainly claimed yourself as such in the past, and gone on about how you attend a Christian church.

But that makes me laugh even more. You obviously can't believe a religion that has a basis to it (however weak that basis might be), but instead have had toi invent your own and shaped it around what YOU want to believe rather than what any evidence that exists says what god is.

You ability to read and digest information is poor... You ability to resell bollocks as fact is high :)

You should consider a job at the Mail :)

Yeah, so poor that I've created the world's leading outlet of specific information, and so badly resold that I'm over-whelmed by complaints of misleading people. :lol:

Did your school reports all centre around the words "could try harder"? I wouldn't be surprised.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't hurt your brain by discussing issues of religion... Its WAY above your pay grade :) Seek a priest maybe... He might be able to give you the idiots guide or something... :)

some of us have realised that priests ONLY give the idiots guide. That's why idiots like you buy into that bollocks.

Just a thought, like. :)

Having God or 'something' in life might help but it's not guaranteed. I was brought up as a Roman Catholic and one of the priests when I was younger was thrown out of our church because he was an alcoholic. Did he lose his faith or did the alter wine get the better of him? Hard to say as I didn't know him personally and was too young to understand such things at the time anyway. That said, having a faith has helped many a person through all the travails of life. Still learning this end.

Anyway, I'm going to jump out of the loop now because this computer is working too slow.

I would suggest if people got closer to god that would be a good starting point...

... to having the same stupidity as you, and a complete lack of common sense, humanity, empathy, or understanding.

Yeah, I know. The people of Norway do too, for around the same time that news of Godless Amy broke, another story was breaking about just how good and godly the religious believers can be.

What were the words? "Atrocious but necessary" or something, wasn't it? He's truly a good god. :lol::lol:

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my memories of Amy. Having lived in Camden until only a couple of weeks ago, it is fair to say that she was definitely part of the community there. I only saw her out on a couple of occasions, and then only briefly (I never frequented the Hawly Arms as it is full of prize bell-ends). I once saw her when leaving the Dublin Castle as I was walking in. She looked a little worse for wear and according to the bar staff had been in there all day. I also saw her for 10 minutes or so in the Good Mixer one afternoon before she left after necking her glass of wine. But my fondest memory of Amy, and how I will remember her was when I once got off the Northern Line at Kings Cross, she had been on the same train as me. I spotted her and thought I'd walk a little faster to get a bit closer. As it turned out I managed to be directly behind her as she started walking up the escalator. I followed, and for about 20 seconds I had Amy's arse wingling inches away from my face as we both walked up together. She then went to the mainline station, and I got on the metropolitan line. And that's the last I saw of here.

RIP

To become addicted to illegal drugs you have to take them in the first place... My message is DONT TAKE THEM in the first place... Is it that hard ? I think not...

If you get addicted to legal substances like prescription drugs or alcohol I have more sympathy... I had sympathy for George Best...

I would suggest if people got closer to god that would be a good starting point...

Seek a priest maybe... He might be able to give you the idiots guide or something... :)

Hmmm ... the stories in the news today get to show that some of those who thought they should get closer to god instead got closer than they wanted to to the priest.

And it wasn't 'the idiots guide' those priests gave them. :lol:

I am fine with people campaigning for a change in law... Breaking the law leads to a break down in society... Which I don't like...

I think historic issues with homosexaultity are some what different for obvious reasons to hard drug use... Apparently, you can't choose not to be gay... You can choose not to shove that needle in your arm....

Edited by feral chile

I think you're getting into a grey area by treating legality as a moral issue. Sure, respecting the law is on the whole a good thing, but there has to be a higher code of ethics than law.

Otherwise, each time the law changes, what's right changes with it. Homosexuality was wrong/right, Raping your wife was OK/wrong, etc.

You could argue that you can't choose your sexuality, but you can choose whether you act on it. Just as you could argue that you can't choose whether you have a tendency to become dependent on substances, but you can choose whether to partake in those substances. I've heard homophobes actually using the above argument. So I feel uncomfortable seeing the same argument being used when discussing addiction, because it shows lack of respect for the victim.

What people are saying is that people don't choose to become addicts, and we all have our vices, so we're not equipped to judge. Especially as, in my opinion, this isn't even a moral issue, so moral judgment is inappropriate.

Particularly as most experts agree that drugs (including the legal ones) are primarily used for escapism/pain relief.

Those in most pain have the most need, and continue to use until addiction sets in.

And nobody chooses to be in pain.

I think you're getting into a grey area by treating legality as a moral issue. Sure, respecting the law is on the whole a good thing, but there has to be a higher code of ethics than law.

Otherwise, each time the law changes, what's right changes with it.

Yep - no person can use the law as their moral compass, else it becomes impossible to change those laws because your views cannot differ from them.

It ultimately means that such a person has no moral compass of their own at all. They are simply a sheep following the morality set by others.

What I want to know is why anyone is speculating over her dying over a drugs overdose when there is no proof as of yet. Of course there is a very good chance it will be alcohol or drug related but as far as I know there's been no proof to back this up as of yet so perhaps waiting to pass judgement rather than jumping to conclusions especially since the police have said no traces of drugs or drug pariphinalia were found in her house (and I do realise that someone could've disposed of anything before the police arrived) I personally would rather wait for a toxicology report till I pass judgement.

Otherwise, each time the law changes, what's right changes with it. Homosexuality was wrong/right, Raping your wife was OK/wrong, etc.

You could argue that you can't choose your sexuality, but you can choose whether you act on it. Just as you could argue that you can't choose whether you have a tendency to become dependent on substances, but you can choose whether to partake in those substances. I've heard homophobes actually using the above argument. So I feel uncomfortable seeing the same argument being used when discussing addiction, because it shows lack of respect for the victim.

What people are saying is that people don't choose to become addicts, and we all have our vices, so we're not equipped to judge. Especially as, in my opinion, this isn't even a moral issue, so moral judgment is inappropriate.

Particularly as most experts agree that drugs (including the legal ones) are primarily used for escapism/pain relief.

Those in most pain have the most need, and continue to use until addiction sets in.

And nobody chooses to be in pain.

Just reading on Skytext that Mich Winehouse wants to set up a charity for substance abuse. Really good idea in my opinion, but he says . I have no idea were he has plucked that figure from but I know in my area you can self-refer and be on a home detox within 2 weeks.

An extremely unhelpful comment, as some people may have asked for help but may now think "whats the point".