Amy Winehouse

Guest Kowalski

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for the friends and family that spent years trying to help her, and as such, will now have to contend with the papers wanting a story.

But unfortunately, skag heads who are repeatedly offered more chances than hot meals, well i'm fresh out of hugs on that one.

In the words of her friend, "What a waster".

I feel bad for the friends and family that spent years trying to help her, and as such, will now have to contend with the papers wanting a story.

But unfortunately, skag heads who are repeatedly offered more chances than hot meals, well i'm fresh out of hugs on that one.

In the words of her friend, "What a waster".

Is it so easy to get addicted to drugs? Is it so easy to give them up?

How the f**k do you know the reasons why she used drugs? Addiction is an illness, do you really think she wanted to live that way?

I'm sick to f**k of the condescending attitudes towards her death. She had alot of mental issues which sadly lead to her death. Her loss of life is a terrible waste but it was not her fault.

I'm sorry, but girlie had it all, and ultimately spunked it up the wall. Just turns up f**ked to her gigs constantly, cheating people out of their money. Cancelled the entire last tour with what? A week to go. Complete joke. As I said to the people around her, my sympathy is with them, but Amy Winehouse was a f**king wreck four years ago, and unfortunately has drawn the short straw in that she'd died first out of herself and pete doherty.

I'm trying to say this in the most sincere way, because i'm not taking the mickey because she's died, that would be a horrible thing to do. Fact is she chose to be a train wreck, chose to f**k off to the caribbean for a year rather than actually face her demons. Everyone's got issues, but everyone's not on skag.

Surprised anyone gives a rats arse really... Her contribution to music was limited and she has totally wasted her life... Terrible role model to boot...

94 young people had their life taken away from them this weekend... Millions starving around the world... They are the sort of deaths that spark real sadness in me... Not some drugy wasters passing...

Of course she is less deserving of sympathy...

I won't document all her wrong doings as they are clear to everyone. How can you suggest that her passing deserve the same amount of sadness and sympathy as someone who did good with their lives and lived by the law and society.

Unless of course your in a similar mindset as Winehouse who thinks drug misuse and a lack of respect for the law is ok...

Edited by abdoujaparov

As per usual Oafish you come here and contribute f**k all. It's like having a Daily Mail autobot. It's not a competition of who's life is more valuable, what happened in Norway was tragic but so is what happened to Winehouse. I hope you, as a father never have to deal with addiction as it is a horrible disease.

Of course she is less deserving of sympathy...

I won't document all her wrong doings as they are clear to everyone. How can you suggest that her passing deserve the same amount of sadness and sympathy as someone who did good with their lives and lived by the law and society.

Unless of course your in a similar mindset as Winehouse who thinks drug misuse and a lack of respect for the law is ok...

She isn't a hero. She was a 27 year old girl with deep metal issues. She was a daughter and a friend and i'd hate to think if something this horrible happened to one of my friends or family people would stop being judgemental and have a bit of compassion.

Is it so easy to get addicted to drugs? Is it so easy to give them up?

How the f**k do you know the reasons why she used drugs? Addiction is an illness, do you really think she wanted to live that way?

I'm sick to f**k of the condescending attitudes towards her death. She had alot of mental issues which sadly lead to her death. Her loss of life is a terrible waste but it was not her fault.

I think Russell Brand actually sums it up pretty well, part of the last paragraph of his article for amy:

Now Amy Winehouse is dead, like many others whose unnecessary deaths have been retrospectively romanticised, at 27 years old. Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease. Not all addicts have Amy’s incredible talent. Or Kurt’s or Jimi’s or Janis’s, some people just get the affliction. All we can do is adapt the way we view this condition, not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill. We need to review the way society treats addicts, not as criminals but as sick people in need of care.

Link if anyone wants to read the rest - http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/

and i agree its nothing like the horror going on in Norway but she is still dead and that makes me :(

Edited by Trixibell