• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• kaosmark2

• strummer77

Had a conversation earlier with a bloke in work who hasn’t watched an Ireland game since Italia 90. MASSIVE arsey Utd fan (even I think hes annoying) and all he cares about is Utd, knows nothing about football outside of Old Trafford.

I pointed out that Utd are an English team and that hes Irish and he just responded saying he doesn’t care as long as Utd win and Westmeath win in the gaelic football, which they never do.

He said all his mates are like that, Pool and Arsenal fans mainly.

So I asked him the question - "Utd to win the Champions League or Ireland to win the World Cup?".

"United every time"

Sad really.

Had a conversation earlier with a bloke in work who hasn't watched an Ireland game since Italia 90. MASSIVE arsey Utd fan (even I think hes annoying) and all he cares about is Utd, knows nothing about football outside of Old Trafford.

I pointed out that Utd are an English team and that hes Irish and he just responded saying he doesn't care as long as Utd win and Westmeath win in the gaelic football, which they never do.

He said all his mates are like that, Pool and Arsenal fans mainly.

So I asked him the question - "Utd to win the Champions League or Ireland to win the World Cup?".

"United every time"

Sad really.

I'd take Ireland winning the World Cup and Utd never winning another trophy ever again in a heartbeat. And we're shite.

Maybe would be different if I was English of course because Id be an Englishman supporting an English club.

As much as I'll argue/banter with Irish to Irish fans of Utd/Liverpool etc, Id never have them above Ireland in preference of winning things.

Would be like two people from England supporting Inter and the other AC Milan and saying you'd both prefer them to win the CL over England winning the WC.

Edited by Stash

As a lower league fan very annoyed about the patronizing attitudes of the journalists on sunday supplement. I really should know better as its clear they think there are only 21 football teams in the uk (20 premiership and england). One of them said if your a fan of a team like Morecambe you get more from watching england than morecambe. Absolute rubbish, a Morecambe (or any lower league fan) gets just as much from watching their team as a fan of the big teams. I can also guarantee that a far higher proportion of people who call themselves Morecambe fans actually go to the effort of watching their team live than a man u, liverpool or arsenal fan.

Since the window has shut I've already read in various places that Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool are going to buy Gary Cahill in the January window.

Funnily enough, I'd read that all of those clubs were going to buy him in the summer window that's just gone. And I'm pretty sure it was said most of those clubs would buy him last January too.

Don't cha just love newspaper rumours? :lol::lol:

One I'd like to know if it's true is about Bellend. Supposedly he turned down matched wages with his City pay from QRP, but took a 50% pay cut to go to Liverpool. Anyone know if there's a shred of truth to that?

As a welsh fan I am dreading todays game, the 3 wales v england games preceeding we havent scored and lost all 3 games. To be honest we were unlucky not to draw the first home game but in the other 2 matches we have been terrible and amazed we kept england down to 2 goals in both. With England players generally strong at the start of the season I fear we are in for a good old fashioned thrashing!