• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• kaosmark2

• strummer77

Tomorrow looks the most exciting day of the premiership so far. Have discussed man u v chelsea but also looking forward to liverpool v spurs. I see those teams as being pretty close, although its been difficult to judge spurs this year because of the tough first 2 games. A win for either side would be a huge boost. Dont know what to say about arsenal, saw they were 2-1 up and assumed that it was all over, I suppose maybe you have to accept that teams have the odd bad season and it makes sense that the arsenal business plan can soak it up. Its still sad to see, as I think the premiership is better for having a strong arsenal.

He was better than that for us. Y'know, for 15 months of which the first 12 were in the Championship and the remaining 3 were when we were a newly promoted team and had Barton putting great balls into him.

Carroll's not that dreadful, but he's not worth £35mn, except as about the only sort of price Newcastle fans would accept selling our no9 for. Y'know, if that money had actually gone back into improving the rest of the squad instead of leaving us reliant on Leon Best.....

On a different note, first points dropped by a Manchester club in the league. European hangover? Momentum lost by the draw in Napoli? Overdue display of frailty? Or just a coincidental blip?

I reckon they miss that fouling twat De Jong, and that Lescott's not good enough to be a 1st choice centre-back for a top team.

I have heard a lot of people in the media talk about how it looks like man utd are going to walk the league. I think its way too early to tell, last seaosn man utd struggled away and I dont think wins against wba and bolton are proof this has been resolved. Looking through the fixtures I think the next 3 away games are stoke, liverpool and everton which will be much tougher tests.

I wont read too much into the city game, think its just one of those days. I do agree they need an upgrade from lescott though.

A good morale boosting win for spurs, I said before and stand by it that people read way too much into both teams form in the first couple of weeks as there was a clear discrepancy in the opposition. Someone earlier in the thread claimed liverpool would go into todays game as favourites, something I strongly disagreed with. In my opinion liverpool and spurs are very close in terms of talent at the moment. I therefore wouldnt read too much into the result as when 2 teams are evenly matched, home advantage is often the deciding factor.

Looking beyond the big teams Im really impressed with Cabaye from what I have seen on MOTD. For all the criticism newcastle get they seem to have a sensible transfer policy and are getting in some great overseas talent in expense of overpaid english ones.

I have heard a lot of people in the media talk about how it looks like man utd are going to walk the league. I think its way too early to tell, last seaosn man utd struggled away and I dont think wins against wba and bolton are proof this has been resolved. Looking through the fixtures I think the next 3 away games are stoke, liverpool and everton which will be much tougher tests.

I wont read too much into the city game, think its just one of those days. I do agree they need an upgrade from lescott though.

A good morale boosting win for spurs, I said before and stand by it that people read way too much into both teams form in the first couple of weeks as there was a clear discrepancy in the opposition. Someone earlier in the thread claimed liverpool would go into todays game as favourites, something I strongly disagreed with. In my opinion liverpool and spurs are very close in terms of talent at the moment. I therefore wouldnt read too much into the result as when 2 teams are evenly matched, home advantage is often the deciding factor.

Looking beyond the big teams Im really impressed with Cabaye from what I have seen on MOTD. For all the criticism newcastle get they seem to have a sensible transfer policy and are getting in some great overseas talent in expense of overpaid english ones.

Shocking miss from Torres. One of the worst ever. He played well though in parts. Hes got a bit of confidence and aggression back.

Great weekend of ball though.

Arsenal in big trouble.

Daglish needs to forget the price tag and just drop Carroll and play Kuyt. Carroll has no business in a Liverpool shirt. None.

He is on course to turn out as the worst transfer in the 150 year old history of football.

Edited by The Nal

I thought that Liverpool ballsed up by not bringing Kuyt on after Adam was sent off - his work rate would account for more than one player.

It was a deserved win by Spurs, tho I've got to say that Spurs were in general pretty dreadful and the result flattered them hugely. They couldn't break down a shit Liverpool with 11 men without Liverpool laying the ball on a plate for Modric (great stike tho!), they couldn't break down Liverpool with 10 men and didn't look like they ever would, and it was much the same against nine men too - in fact worse, Liiverpool looked the more likely to score until they started gifting goals.

That ref made some very good calls, but he was also hugely a homer - Liverpool were getting cards for fouls of the same sort of level as Spurs weren't getting cards for. So it was 12 against nine too! :P

If those two teams keep on playing like they both did yesterday they'll see plenty of teams above them at the end of the season.

Liverpool were dreadful yesterday, but they've played better than that at points this season so it's not likely to be typical. Spurs meanwhile.... ;):lol::lol:

/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends#"> :unsure:

Thought Spurs were very good yesterday, and didn't think the result flattered them at all. Assured in their passing, Modric bossed it, and King and Adebayor were excellent. Liverpool struggled to contain Tottenham exploiting the inside fullback channels, with Bale and Walker when foraying forward. Got a feeling Defoe gets the touch (ahead of Enrique sliding challenge) to Modric for the goal after a poor first touch from Bale's cross. Adebayor misses the great chance (from I think Parker's square ball) in the first couple of minutes. Modric drew an excellent save from Reina first half, Modric released Walker end of first half where delayed his cross too much. Defoe puts it wide beginning of second half where could've taken a touch (think it got blew for offside but he's clearly on), Adebayor made what amounted to a passback when played through. VDV airshot from Assou-Ekotto's cross. VDV not getting enough elevation on his chip near the end when played in by Parker. Few other little shots here and there. Didn't think Liverpool really created anything substantial all game other than the Suarez offside goal for them to look most likely to score.

Agree with Nal, haven't seen Liverpool play that badly in years, but think Spurs deserve credit.

Liverpool were dreadful yesterday, but they've played better than that at points this season so it's not likely to be typical. Spurs meanwhile.... ;):lol::lol:

Edited by ralph250