elbow confirmed

Guest brettredmayne

I think they are music you listen to when you are in a certain mood. Not the sort of stuff you can listen to any time, any where

possibly that's why you didnt feel a massive urge to rush home and play it, you werent in an elbow frame of mind

I know what I mean anyway!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are music you listen to when you are in a certain mood. Not the sort of stuff you can listen to any time, any where

possibly that's why you didnt feel a massive urge to rush home and play it, you werent in an elbow frame of mind

I know what I mean anyway!

I agree, I'd never really given them a listen until this album but thought I'd give it a try on the advice of others and the fact that they're playing Glastonbury. I think I'm more likely to be in the right mood for them during the day, think they may be a bit of an energy sap in the evening.

I agree, I'd never really given them a listen until this album but thought I'd give it a try on the advice of others and the fact that they're playing Glastonbury. I think I'm more likely to be in the right mood for them during the day, think they may be a bit of an energy sap in the evening.

dont know if daylight effects you but it should still be daytime when they finish, well dusky anyway, meaning (hopefully) sunset could be very appropriate light conditions for them.

I do take what you mean though, i feel the same, but everyone i spoke to that saw them last time, really enjoyed them and very euphoric about them

Last time they played they were utterly sensational. Euphoric is completely the right word for it. I saw a couple of people in tears during Tower Crane Driver! It was a momentous set.

I just dont think the new album has many songs of sufficient power to blow us away like that gig did, apart from maybe The Birds. Of course I may well be proved wrong, and I will be there to find out for sure.

I just really hope they dont forget all about their first two albums...

After 6 or 7 listens, it's getting under my skin. Still not a big fan of Neat Little Rows, but The Birds, Lippy Kids, With Love is a great opening set of tracks and Dear Friends to finish is spectacular. The middle section - barring Open Arms - still feels like a slump when I'm listening to it.

Still haven't topped Cast of Thousands and Leaders IMO.

After 6 or 7 listens, it's getting under my skin. Still not a big fan of Neat Little Rows, but The Birds, Lippy Kids, With Love is a great opening set of tracks and Dear Friends to finish is spectacular. The middle section - barring Open Arms - still feels like a slump when I'm listening to it.

Still haven't topped Cast of Thousands and Leaders IMO.

I have bought it but can't have a listen yet. :( Part of Hubby's birthday pressie for Thursday, looking forward to it immensely!! :lol:

However nothing will ever replace the thrill of getting a new LP and reading the cover whilst listening to the 1st few plays! :D

Edited by StoneCircle

The only Elbow song I know is Grounds for Divorce (which I rather like). Could anyone give me a few songs or a best of track list to listen to because I want to know what all the fuss is about!? Either that or I'll go & see Mumford & Sons.

Just a band I can't get into. I've tried.

We all have bands like this - I WANT to like them, but nothing really grabs me. They're certainly not poor, just not my thing.

Ironically i'll see their set as they're before U2 - perhaps that will change things a bit for me.

Listening to the birds loads. Cracking track. I can already see it in my head. Suns starting to drop after a beautiful summers day, the pyramid field's packed, everyone's well on their way to be properly twated.

Then that riff kicks in, the cheers go up, and the band walk out on stage. It really will be an epic opener to what I imagine will be an epic set

saying that, its probably going to piss it down now

Reckon they will start with The Birds (Interlude) before they walk out, start off with Ground For Divorce, Birds to be about the 3rd track. Do they end on Open Arms, One Day Like This or something a little more obscure like Some Riot (best track IMO).

I'm excited, this paired with trying my first Brother Cider which everyone keeps banging on about. It would be rude not to save trying my first one till the G.

Reckon they will start with The Birds (Interlude) before they walk out, start off with Ground For Divorce, Birds to be about the 3rd track. Do they end on Open Arms, One Day Like This or something a little more obscure like Some Riot (best track IMO).

I'm excited, this paired with trying my first Brother Cider which everyone keeps banging on about. It would be rude not to save trying my first one till the G.

Yeah. Some Riot. Probably my favourite Elbow track too. Although incredibly depressing even by their exalted standards.

Quite enjoying the new album. Sorta disagree about the middle lagging. I think a lot of my favourite albums are easy going in the middle... it's not really something that bothers me.

Listened to the new album quite a bit now. It begins and ends well, but the middle section is really nowhere near their usual standard. Lyrically, I would say this album is quite poor also (bar a few exceptions). Open Arms is the low point.

A shame.

Looks like their 2008 gig will be their peak.

Does anyone else wish Elbow would grow a pair and throw some meat behind their tunes? Its all very non offensive and nice. When I first heard Leaders of the Free World I thought they were stepping it up a gear. But they’ve gone the opposite way. Weak, weak music. Ive no interest in standing in a field with 70,000 other people gently moving my head and shoulders from side to side to weak as piss music.

Get a f**king bass player with a cock and a bigger bass drum lads will you?!