elbow confirmed

Guest brettredmayne

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh I think Neat Little Rows is one of the better songs on the new album!

If we could swap With Love for Powder Blue, and get rid of Open Arms (I loathe this song!) for Grace Under Pressure then I'd be a happy man.

Not gonna happen of course but I can dream..

I know White Lies will be good but I cannot miss Elbow. For some bands the Pyramid just works and the moment is one that you know would never quite be the same at another place. Blur would be just one example of this. I know Elbow are not headlining but I think this year might fall into that sort of elevated category and there may not be too many who keep dry eyes through the set.

As for One Day Like This, I can see where some of the criticism comes from and it is certainly not their greatest song - but I get the feeling that on that stage and at that time in the evening in front of that crowd it will feel different and will capture the moment. It won't be a moment to be cynical but rather to just be there, to be part of it, to live it and treasure it.

Sentimental rubbish? Lets wait and see.

I think Lippy Kids is a beautiful song, really amazing.

I'm umming and ahhhing about whether to see them, I'm not really one for big sing alongs, generally. Hmm.. we'll see how I feel at the time.

I think Lippy Kids is a beautiful song, really amazing.

I'm umming and ahhhing about whether to see them, I'm not really one for big sing alongs, generally. Hmm.. we'll see how I feel at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

For those worried about about Elbow not playing material from their first few albums,

Here's some good news, they played 2 shows earlier this month in Holland and Belgium and here's their sets

Mirrorball

Open Arms

The Night Will Always Win

Great Expectations

Jesus Is a Rochdale Girl Play Video

Grounds for Divorce Play Video

Switching Off

The River

One Day Like This

Lippy Kids

Dear Friends

Scattered Black and Whites

they played the same set at both gigs,

Could this be a nod towards their Glasto setlist?

Personally it lacks quite a few of their good songs, like Starlings, Tower Crane Driver, Station Approach which they played on their tour.

I'm with the people and the clash with Janelle Monae.

I'm still undecided who I want to see. I like Elbow but nowhere on the levels that most on here like.

Was supposed to be getting tickets to the Big Chill in August (where Janelle Monae is playing) to solve that clash, but still undecided at the moment on that one.

I think Elbow are going to blow Coldplay out of the water. It is going to be very daunting for Chris Martin to come out after what Elbow are going to produce.

Lippy Kids is the heartbeat of that album, absolutely beautiful song as good as anything they've written.

I hope we get TCD added onto that list.

For those worried about about Elbow not playing material from their first few albums,

Here's some good news, they played 2 shows earlier this month in Holland and Belgium and here's their sets

Mirrorball

Open Arms

The Night Will Always Win

Great Expectations

Jesus Is a Rochdale Girl Play Video

Grounds for Divorce Play Video

Switching Off

The River

One Day Like This

Lippy Kids

Dear Friends

Scattered Black and Whites

they played the same set at both gigs,

Could this be a nod towards their Glasto setlist?

Personally it lacks quite a few of their good songs, like Starlings, Tower Crane Driver, Station Approach which they played on their tour.

Yes after repeated listens the songs that previously left me a little cold are now the highlights.

Lippy Kids

Neat Little Rows

Jesus is a Rochdale Girl

These are my favourites. The Birds, which I previously adored, has lost a little of it's shine. Still good though. The rest of the album I find weak (compared to their usual standards).

I still really dislike Open Arms and The Birds (reprise) I think must be some kind of a joke. Unlistenable.

Yes after repeated listens the songs that previously left me a little cold are now the highlights.

Lippy Kids

Neat Little Rows

Jesus is a Rochdale Girl

These are my favourites. The Birds, which I previously adored, has lost a little of it's shine. Still good though. The rest of the album I find weak (compared to their usual standards).

I still really dislike Open Arms and The Birds (reprise) I think must be some kind of a joke. Unlistenable.

Yes! Dear Friends! If they play that I guarantee there won't be any dry eyes in the Pyramid Stage field. A few omissions of songs which are surprising, I'd rather have Not a Job or Fugitive Motel over Switching Off, Jesus Is a Rochdale Girl I have grown to over the past few weeks.

See how the set-list develops as they have some festivals in June as well.