elbow confirmed

Guest brettredmayne

Well I did it. :rolleyes:

Spent my birthday money and bougt 2 Elbow albums (plus something I guess noodle will like)

Bought SSKid and "Build a rocket Boys!"

I like buying stuf to listen to in the runup to G..

As it stands the only nailed will be Elbow before U2..

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did it. :rolleyes:

Spent my birthday money and bougt 2 Elbow albums (plus something I guess noodle will like)

Bought SSKid and "Build a rocket Boys!"

I like buying stuf to listen to in the runup to G..

As it stands the only nailed will be Elbow before U2..

'Stiffs'?! Members of the Elbow mailing list maybe! I didn't see may stiffs in Cambridge on Wednesday, just loads of obsessive fans. We got there half an hour before the played and you could hardly move then!

We all want them to play Powder Blue, but Guy's voice just cannot get that high these days (apparently) I would love them to play The Stops and Cant Stop but it wont happen. I think they the reason they do not play stuff from the first two albums isnt because they do not want to but because Guys voice has changed over the last few years and he cannot make those hight notes - he struggled with Weasther to Fly a bit the other night I thought

Love the new album, still love the Birds!

I'm still calling Dear Friends my favourite track of the album, what a way to finish it, the harmonies at the end are so beautiful but it is so simply mesmerising throughout, if it gets played at the O2 or Glasto (which seems unlikely looking at the Cambridge set-list), I will cry.

I've only got into them recently, probably a year or two ago.

New album sounds fine, same as the last.

The problem is, I know they're good, I can see they're talented, I sort of get it, but they don't really excite me. There's none of that dashing home from the shops clutching the new album, desperate to listen to it. I don't get that giddy, manic thrill that I feel I should. Like them, like them a lot, but not in an instinctive gut feeling way.

I've only got into them recently, probably a year or two ago.

New album sounds fine, same as the last.

The problem is, I know they're good, I can see they're talented, I sort of get it, but they don't really excite me. There's none of that dashing home from the shops clutching the new album, desperate to listen to it. I don't get that giddy, manic thrill that I feel I should. Like them, like them a lot, but not in an instinctive gut feeling way.

Really? Only one listen but I don't like that. It's the sound of a band trying too hard, like they all sat down and tried to write a singalong for big gigs, because "we need a sequel to On A Day Like This". It's too obvious and they're better than that