'Celeb' Spotting

Guest Pot

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Michael Eavis in the royal box at the Subterranean Piano Bar last year.. He came to see my friends band play, that was an awesome night.. :D

Few years ago I was backstage at the dance village enthusing to a chap about how good DJ Yoda was and that he should come see him.. Eventually he got up and said he had to be somewhere.. Turned out he was DJ Yoda.. :blink:

Stood next to Arctic Monkeys and Alexa Chung for the Rascals set in 2008. That was pretty good. Other than that I've only seen randoms like Maquita Oliver and a guy from Passion Pit. Oh and the drummer from Elbow. And Jonathon Dimbleby who was serving burgers!

Does that Emma Watson ever out onto site? The only pics I see of her are strolling around the main backstage area.

She recently said that she doesn't get chatted up because the guys are too intimidated by her fame.

Come round my pitch & I'll give it go.

Harry Enfield the other year, with his young daughter (lily's sister), he looked really chilled despite people waving and saying hi every 10 seconds.

Apart from Robin Ince who was probably on the bill at some point and in 2005 met a journalist called John Robb (does lots of 100 greatest etc programmes) and he stood and talked to us for ages before finally saying "so how do we know each other?" "We don't John, you're a bit famous and we haven't seen Kate Moss so you'll have to do!" Right nice fella he was.

2005 went to see new order and realised halfway through that Andrew Lincoln an John Simms were stood next to us. They were " a bit" out of it . As they walked past us after to leave Andrew Lincoln put his hand on my husband shoulder as he walked by and said" sorry excuse me mate" me and sister inlaw screamed " he touched you!!!" most of the female part of that audience spent the whole show just staring at them!

Also a couple of years ago saw Will Young being refused entry into NYC on the basis that he was trying to push to the front of the queue, then sat in the day in shangrila having a drink and Kieth Allen walked by, winked at us and said " afternoon ladies"! Made my day!

Not seen too many but have seen the man himself - Mr Eavis wandering around, sat next to Phil Jupitas whilst he supped a pint at the old Leftfield area, Bez, Macy Gray (eating an icecream), John McEnroe and last but not least - Dot Cotton in the New Bands tent whilst watching Longview some time ago.