• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

If you gave Moyes 46 million to spend, Everton would shit on Liverpool next year, as it is we'll probably finish 5 points behind them again!

I suspect you're right, I'm hugely impressed with Moyes. Having said that, spending big wedge is the one thing that Moyes has yet to prove himself with, so it might not turn out as you're thinking.

I suspect you're right, I'm hugely impressed with Moyes. Having said that, spending big wedge is the one thing that Moyes has yet to prove himself with, so it might not turn out as you're thinking.

He's had more to spend than people think, mixed results in the main though (like most managers).

Fellaini - 15 million - hit

Bilyaletmidown- 11ish million (if I remember correctly) - miss

Yakubu - 12 million - hit (until injury)

Johnson - 8.6 million (was a fair bit of cash back then) - hittish

Arsenal turn down Utds 20m offer for Nasri. Presume that means Utd aren’t in for Sneijder. Maybe because they wont match his Inter wages? Or are Utd in for both? :unsure:

Arsenal to lose Cesc AND Nasri now? Oh dear.

Edited by The Nal

Arsenal to lose Cesc AND Nasri now? Oh dear.

latest gossip seems to be that they're not going to sell Nasri at any price, which suggests to me that they know they're losing Cesc and can't afford to lose Nasri as well - presumably they're thinking that holding him to the last year of his contract in those circumstances is worth more to them than the transfer fee they'd get for him.

And, I guess, there's always the possibility that they might persuade him to stay during that year - tho that's probably unlikely.

Imagine if they had signed Suarez for the 25 or whatever he was but still had the 35 for Carrol, 10 for Adam, 16 for Henderson and potentially a further 15 for Downing, that's 76 million quid that they could've have spent to buy 2-3 top class players to really put them right up there.

I may be well be wrong and these players may provide that push, I'll be very surprised if they do though

How many of these players are Comolli suggestions? Does Comolli pick the players and they are suggested to Kenny or the other way round?

How many of these players are Comolli suggestions? Does Comolli pick the players and they are suggested to Kenny or the other way round?

yeah, I'd like to know that too.

I'd guess that Betty Suarez was one of Comolli's given how quickly that was sorted at around the time that Kenny started, but who knows? Maybe he's a player that Kenny spotted from his world cup performances and pushed the club to buy.

Hahahahahah if that's your come back, it shows how disappointing signings they truly are! Esp as I'm not sure they would (bar Downing)!!

'Our multi million pound signings would walk into a team I constantly say is shit' :)

....And they wouldn't get a sniff at Chelsea, Utd, City, Arsenal, even Spurs, so in effect you've just cemented a chance of finishing 6th again!

Edited by strummer77

yeah, I'd like to know that too.

I'd guess that Betty Suarez was one of Comolli's given how quickly that was sorted at around the time that Kenny started, but who knows? Maybe he's a player that Kenny spotted from his world cup performances and pushed the club to buy.

Well it wasn't meant like that was it? I said Everton because your an Everton fan (I always assume as your avatar is and you only post about us).

That's now how a league works is it? It's about beating the teams below and it is something United have done well in buying players from lower down the league that create solid if unspectacular spines. Players like Carrick who were definitely overpriced (especially considering the transfer markets at the time) but have all enabled them to consistently pick up three points against the bottom teams. I think Adam is a very United signing actually, whether it'll turn out to be a success.

It's also good for the squad which is where the real problem lies. Our XI has shown we can beat the top teams (we beat Man City, United and Chelsea x2 last season) but we struggle when faced with teams sitting back when our options on the bench consist of Cole/Poulsen/Ngog (bit harsh on the latter lumping him with those two). With new recruits that force the dross down the pecking order it means our match day squad is stronger throughout.

Edited by Benj

Utd have/ had the likes of Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney, etc too, which is what LFC sorely lack, you have midfield plodders galore, its the likes of Torres that you need, players that can win a match on their own, esp now Gerrard is finished (as that type of player) as well.

You already have the unspectacular spine, thats the problem!

You also need defenders. badly. Talking about a weak squad, its bare bones back there

Not me, Im hoping for millions more splurged

No more excuses of not having enough to spend in comparison to others, that have been rolled out for years

and then for another 5th place! hahahahhahahahha :ph34r:

I would agree with you 100% that those excuses won't hold a drop of water in the future.

That said, I wouldnt be laughing maniacally like you if we finished fifth after a solid consistent season with hugely improved style of play and solidifying of team spirit and understanding. Think Spurs and Arsenal will both feel the pressure this season. Citeh, Manyoo, Chelsk will scrap it out for the top three leaving a right old tussle for the 4th place. No question we are in a better position to take on that challenge this year than last. No question we are headed in the right direction now.